Cliveden House
US$ 128
US$ 124
US$ 82
US$ 79
Premier Inn Maidenhead Town Centre(Maidenhead)(Great Value!)
US$ 76
US$ 126
US$ 147
Hotels.com
1,162 results
All reviewsnational trustafternoon teaandre garrettoutdoor poolchewton glenastor grillfrench diningvisited clivedenmain halltasting menuspring cottagestately homespecial occasionsteeped in historylady astor suiteclub roomformal gardens
Reviewed 11 August 2012

A beautiful day with views overlooking the grounds down to the Thames, was a great setting for a birthday celebration with friends.
The 3 course set lunch is £28, plus £8pp for the National Trust unless you all remembered to bring your membership cards! Nice food, good service and the overall ambience is magic.
On certain days they have NT tours of parts of the house which will jog memories of certain political happenings in the 60s.
Even if you can't afford to stay, it's well worth a visit. Lovely walks and gardens and do try your luck in the new maze to work-off the lunch!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Sue W, General Manager at Cliveden House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Thank for your review following your recent visit for lunch. I hope you agree that the Partarre is looking wonderfully colourful and that it is a real treat to see it in full bloom. One of many reasons to visit the House & Estate. I look forward to seeing what scheme the Head Gardener comes up with for 2013. I do know that there are 22 thousand bedding plants in the current scheme.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Today my friends and I had a lovely lunch and day at cliveden. The food was really delicious, well cooked and beautifully presented. The service was great and it was lovely to talk to the hotel manager who enthusiastically described the new plan for the hotel - we will be back soon to experience this lovely hotel thank you.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

A belated but sincere thank you for your kind review.I am delighted the team looked after you well and that you enjoyed your visit. Lovely to know you will be back, I hope you get a sunny day when the house looks at its very best.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed here in late July 2012. Would I return? Without hesitation!

My experience at Cliveden House was wonderful, from the moment we checked in.

Our suite was superb, dinner was magnificent, breakfast was the best. I am still amazed by the beautiful grounds and facilities.

I have no hesitation in recommending Cliveden House as must visit destination.

• Stayed: July 2012
Sue W, General Manager at Cliveden House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Thank you for your recent review, your comments were lovely to read and I am delighted you were able to make the most of the house. Your feedback has been shared with the team and we will look after the house until you return.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Living nearby, staying at Cliveden House has been on my wife and my bucket list for some years. with even the cheapest rooms normally starting at £400 this was somewhere I did not expect to actually stay, but last night they had rooms going a little cheaper so I booked for the day.

We started the day in the spa (check-in is at 3pm but you can use the spa from 7am on both arrival and departure day). We luxuriated in the Canadian hot tub and sun loungers when it was sunny, and ducked into the Jacuzzi when it rained. Quickly it was time to go to the house and check in. We got lucky, and were upgraded the a luxury double room, massive bedroom on the 2nd floor with a great 4 poster bed, nice bathroom and walk in wardrobe.

A quick change later and it was down for afternoon tea. Another item ticked off the bucket list, tea in the library was almost everything I had hoped for. Cakes were great, the scones and cream very filling, my only very slight complaint was the 4 finger sandwiches did not equate to even a single normal round so we filled up on the cakes instead.

Two hours later and it was back to the room to change again and then a walk around the many acres of grounds (now closed to the public).

We finished the day with a carpet picnic back in our room (complete with Champaign). Definitely a cheaper option than the £60 per head dinner (before drinks) and probably just as romantic.

A great night's sleep in a very romantic bed, waking with views down the drive to the shell fountain followed.

Breakfast was a real let-down after everything else. whilst there was lots of choice the eggs were undercooked, the mushrooms flavourless, the tomatoes soggy... you get the picture.

If you get the chance to stay, take it.

Room Tip: Ask for a high up room to benefit from the views
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam_in_the_UK

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay and I acknowledge that we missed the mark at breakfast. Please be assured this will be addressed. We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back before too long.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

What a beautiful location, amazing rooms and fantastic service! We had a room in the main house overlooking the gardens and down to the Thames. The room was luxurious and had everything you would need.

The spa is a little hidden gem in a walled garden. The hot tubs are lovely sitting outside in the garden. The inside swimming pool feels like you are stepping back in time.

The service throughout our stay was impeccable. We ordered room service which was fantastic and the food was superb. While you stay you must also walk around the national trust gardens - we did get lost in the hedge maze!

A very memorable stay for a special occasion.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnaMLondon
Sue W, General Manager at Cliveden House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Thank you for your recent review, your comments were lovely to read and I am delighted you were able to make the most of the house. Your kind words have been shared with the team and we very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back before too long.