1,019 results
All reviews san marco afternoon tea tennis courts james bond round of golf the main house marble bathroom games room mansion house sandwiches layer cake junior suite changing rooms huge bed pavilion rooms roll top bath steam room
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We had dinner at fine dinning (Humphry’s) to celebrate our anniversary. Before we went there and we checked ur website and it’s displayed everything perfect. However, we made a reservation on the day and we ordered 3 courses, but the food that you served were not we expected and a lot of disappointing. Starter-pigeon had no taste at all. Main course-lamb and beef were a bit greasy and the taste was not that much nice also. It completely overpriced and definitely not match the food as you served. We have been in a lots of fine dining restaurants but urs made us a bit shock. So no more going again.

Stayed: July 2018
Giammario R, General Manager at Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry to read you felt disappointed with your dining experience for your anniversary. I am very surprised to read your comments as the dishes that you mentioned have been very popular with our guests and have never had any negative feedback, however we do take this on board as our aim is to always exceed our guests expectations. Should you have brought this to our attention we would have done anything on the night to improve your experience.

With Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Met up with a friend and decided to treat ourselves to afternoon tea and what a treat it was. Having enjoyed afternoon tea in many 5* venues, I can confidently say that this is at the top. Fresh sandwiches with very nice and generous fillings and my veggie friend really liked the radish and mozzarella cheese. Slightly warm eccles cakes were mouth watering and delicate. The tiny cakes beautiful and daintily decorated. Nice to be offered a top up of sandwiches. My only cricisms would be that initally service was slow although friendly and that one of the jams was rather too fluid to stay on the scone. Fantastic view, very grand property without being pompous.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am delighted you had a fabulous Afternoon Tea experience with us and thank you so much for your very kind words- I will make sure they are passed on to all the team,

I very much hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Ive got to be honest I have always wanted to come here for years, but got a bit nervous when I read a few mean reviews. I was unsure what it would be like, was it run down, was it going to be snooty and uncomfortable for a normal working class fella from the North?

I can't express into words how incredible this place is....I did not find one single fault with the whole venue.

The level of detail and attention the staff make is exceptional. Truly world beating.
I'm lucky enough to have stayed in some magnificent venues around the world but I cannot think of another place where the service beats Stoke Park.

The kindest, warmest and friendliest staff Ive ever experienced. Everywhere you go they smile and say hello, good morning, nothing is too much trouble for them.

The grounds are stunning as you'd expect and have about 20 full times gardeners grooming the place from top to bottom. there was hardly a grass blade out of place.
We spent 2 hours walking around the gardens, golf course, lakes, tennis courts and enjoyed every moment.

The food is good and generous portions. I didn't find the costs overly expensive either.
We got room service, 2 x meals including a steak sandwich and drinks for £42.00

The golf courses are immaculate and the greens are perfect even though we've had so little rain this summer.

We stayed in a basic room in the new building. The rooms are modern, the beds are exceptionally comfortable and there was plenty space.

The spa is definitely a huge perk. Not overly busy but lots of areas to dwell mean it feels quiet and private. I loved the outdoor Sauna with glass windows to look out onto the gardens. The inside swimming pool has a whole wall as a fish tank which i wasn't expecting and the locker rooms are clean and new.

This is a golfers paradise but if like us you can't play golf and just needed to stay somewhere relaxing and locally to Windsor it is a great venue and you should book without thinking about it.

If you want to go out for some nice food locally, I would highly recommend a 15 minute journey to the Hand & Flowers close by in Marlow. Its a pub with 2 Michelin stars and is an incredible experience.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Geordie18

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review! I am absolutely thrilled you had an amazing stay with us, and thank you so much for your beautiful words. It is always our aim to exceed our guests expectations, and more than anything make everyone feel immediately at home so you can relax and enjoy yourselves. It means a lot to us to read this review, particularly your comments regarding our staff - I will make sure they are passed onto all the team,

It was a huge pleasure to have you to stay and hope to welcome you back again soon,

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Our son recently attended a golf tournament here and whilst he didn't win, Stoke Park wins on every level. The actual house and the grounds are exquisite and immaculately kept.
Penny, Kelly, James, Tom and team could not have been more helpful and professional. this whole place is good old fashioned charm, class and elegance at it's finest! The pro shop staff were more than helpful, the waiters and waitresses were excellent without 'snobbery'. The food in their restaurant looking out onto the lawn was 5 star, all in all a truly unforgettable experience.

Stayed: August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am delighted you had an amazing time with us when your son played in a tournament- thank you so much for your very kind words- I will make sure they are passed on to all the team, in particular to Penny, Kelly, James and Tom.

I really hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the peak of the 2018 British heatwave and had what felt like a mini holiday! The Pavilion room was nice, and the little touches for our little boy were amazing. Kids bedding, a cookie with his name on, robe and slippers. Staff in the pavilion were super helpful. An amazing man whose name I don’t know but who had a kid the same age was so lovely. He even had an orange sent up to the room when my little boy mentioned to him that daddy had eaten ‘his’ orange from the fruit bowl in our room. Pool was a good size, he enjoyed playing football, and the grounds and gardens were beautiful. Kids menus were really good.

Gym is really good, amazing high quality equipment. Didn’t try the classes but they looked great. Lots of lovely areas to sit outside.

Main let down was the restaurants. Service was really slow and generally poor the first night outside in the orangery and the menu so casual that there were basically no starter options at all. Food was ok but not good or exciting. Same menu at lunch the next day - a really good sandwich. The second night we went to the pizzeria. Again almost no options for starters and really casual. Pizzas were good and service was better. The only formal restaurant didn’t allow kids, which I didn’t have a problem with, but everything else was so casual it didn’t feel like it justified the prices. Wine by the glass was pretty uninspiring. Breakfast in the orangery felt a bit old fashioned but was good.

I would 100% recommend for people with kids, we had a fantastic time because our little boy enjoyed it so much and was so thoroughly spoiled.

Stayed: August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and am thrilled your little boy had an amazing time! We pride ourselves on being very family friendly and am delighted to read your lovely words regarding you and your families experience with us.

I am sorry to read you felt disappointed with our menus in the restaurants. I greatly value all feed back and will be looking into this,

I really hope to welcome you back again soon!