“Great experience”

Adventure 001 Ltd
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Our private Portman Burtley estate is approx 30 minutes drive from Central London and only a 5 minute drive away from Gerrards Cross & Beaconsfield train station. It is a private, exclusive venue offering activities such as; Helicopter Tours over London, Clay Shooting, Quad Bikes, Archery, 4x4 Off Road Driving, Falconry, Chocolate & Perfume Workshops. All of our food is locally sourced and freshly prepared by our own chefs. We also have a luxury spa retreat on site and can offer day packages and discounted overnight accommodation.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a fabulous time! This was bought for my teenager and husband for Christmas on Groupon. Booking was easy. I booked for the first available date at the start of the season. I received a call a month before asking if I would like to upgrade and join in with the fun. Really good value. My son loved sitting next to the pilot. I paid to upgrade him at the venue and the money went to charity. I did get a bit concerned this seat was offered to the group we were flying with after the safety brief, when I had already upgraded him. I saw his face drop when we were asked to sort it between ourselves. However, was sorted as soon as I explained to the rest of the group that we had paid. I wished the flight had been longer but that was due to not reading the small print on groupon. 6 miles takes around 5 minutes. The airfield didn’t have the best facilities but easy to find and local. Great views and experience. My son absolutely loved it and so did we! Safety is high on the company’s agenda so you have to check weather conditions on the day. It was touch and go on the day of our flight. Dress for the weather as it’s an airfield. You can’t take handbags so limit what you are taking. Camera is a must! The champagne and chocolates were a bonus. The staff are really friendly and helpful and we have a lovely souvenir photograph of the three of us with the helicopter, costing £10. I would recommend the experience and a great gift for a teenager!

All reviews
"manchester city"
"thrill seekers"
"cream tea"

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I bought my friend an experience and she absolutely loved it. I was able to be a passenger, which was fun. The pilot was lovely, very professional and easy going. He did a few tricks which were very impressive. The actual start to finish ran very smoothly. I would absolutely recommend this experience to anybody.

The location was easy to get to and appeared well kept. We attended the location in East Riding of Yorkshire.

1  Thank Louise H
Reviewed 31 March 2018

This was a gift of a supposed luxury helicopter flight from Bourn airport near Cambridge with champagne and chocolates! What a joke. Do not buy this as a gift it is more of an insult. Filthy dirty base and if you need to use the toilet I very strongly advise you not to use the facilities at Bourn as they are absolutely disgusting. A mediocre helicopter flight with no conversation from the pilot to tell you anything about the location and scenery around you and lasts all of 6 minutes. Then on landing a guy standing by the boot of a car in a very muddy field gives you a warm plastic glass of champagne and a bag of Aldi mini Easter eggs! Don't give this experience as a gift to someone you love it's not a treat it's an endurance.

3  Thank 344molly123
001Adventure001, General Manager at Adventure 001 Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Sir, sadly nothing we could have done would have been good enough for your dear lady who unfortunately made you rather embarrass yourself by taking it out on a female member of staff using inappropriate language and talking down to her. When the manager took over and explained that helicopters have to fly from such airfields that are safe, open, remote from buildings and and not from luxury hotel type facilities such as you were suggesting you continued to talk down to him accusing the company of being cheap however you, yourself selected and paid the lowest possible Groupon ticket price, knowingly chose Bourn Airfield as the location yet your expectation was of a VIP package costing many times more. Bringing the experience of flying in a helicopter for under £29 reward is something that over 250,000 passengers have enjoyed in the last 5 years and we have already received great feedback from the flgihts in Cambridge on Saturday despite the difficult weather condiitons. As the manager explained on the day the operating costs at Bourn Airfield are higher than any other venue in the South and we accept that if the lady measures the experience by the toilet then the airfield does not score highly and you flew on a drizzly, grey day hence the mud. The crew went to great efforts to ensure that your flight went ahead in a clean well maintained helicopter, it was a safe operation with plenty of staff, new ground equipment and fire vehicle. No expense spared on the safety of the operation and over delivering on a 5 minute flight. Surely this counts for more than a toilet at a public facility not part of our company.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I purchased two vouchers for helicopter flights from White Waltham for a birthday present for my wife in August. As we had other commitments we didn't start the booking process until October. After various unsuccessful attempts we contacted Adventure 001 to be told they no longer use White Waltham and we should have been informed - well we weren't. We then tried to book Hungerford,which is not as convenient, but there were no dates available. We were told that dates would appear after Christmas so we checked on a regular basis and eventually one appeared but my wife was booked for something else on that day!!! We the contacted Adventure 001 again to be told that the main season started after Easter and some dates would appear soon. We checked and checked and eventually two dates appeared this week but were after our vouchers expired!!! After contacting Adventure we tried ringing the contact repeatedly but only got an answer machine. We emailed asking them to ring us but got an email giving the same number we had been ringing. We tried ringing the general number but after waiting 10 minutes in the queue we were cut off. What a shambles this company is.

4  Thank davidch217
001Adventure001, General Manager at Adventure 001 Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

White Waltham was a venue in the advertised 2017 flying season (April to October) when you purchased your voucher. Giving you 3 of the best months to enjoy a flight with us from that venue. At the point of purchase, you agreed that locations are subject to change, which they do as helicopters are noisy and this is why we state this as locations DO often change but we ALWAYS find alternatives. Hungerford was a 2017/2018 Winter Season venue with several dates listed between October - March - a further 6 months to enjoy a flight. Hungerford is also an advertised venue for the 2018 flying season with hundreds of available seats to book online. All of our vouchers are sold as Internet booking only which again you agreed to do and there was nothing to stop you doing this over the 9 month period. We are sorry but what you are stating here is simply untrue. Our phone lines are open 09:00 - 17:30 every day, we're again sorry if you feel holding for 10 minutes and the call dropping is worthy of a 1 star review. There is absolutely no reason that would have prevented you making a booking, unfortunately it's rather inconvenient now as you elected not to book until the end of your voucher validity and you will need to contact us via www.adventure001.com where we give several ways of getting in touch to do this.