“Friendly service, great food”
Review of Mans Oriental - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Popped in by chance for a Sunday Buffet. Although there isn't a buffet laid out, there is a choice of food cooked fresh in the kitchen. Each 2 diners gets 3 starters, crispy duck course, and 3 main course as well as rice & noodles. There was too much to eat! The food was fresh and hot and extremely tasty. They seemed upset we didn't want to eat more! Service was attentive, and the price was good. Could not fault the place.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

I was on my own in Amersham on a freezing cold Monday night and the town was almost deserted. I fancied a Chinese and Man's Oriental was next door to my hotel. It is quite a plain restaurant and, in common with everywhere else, was quiet. The food was very nice- I had prawn dim sum, a nice fried fish and vegetable dish, and also a special 'birds nest' dish with prawns and mixed meats. All very nice. Unusually for me I finished off with one of those pre-made deserts found in many Chinese restaurants and it could have done with coming closer to room temperature.
The food was served by the owner who was very pleasant and is clearly very hard working. Mans is by no means an 'occasion' restaurant but there are some imaginative dishes and the food was very decent. I will return.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

We have had a few takeaways from here - none of them were anything to write home about - but this latest one was awful. We've lived in Hong Kong for a few years so we do know what Chinese food should taste like.

The won ton soup I ordered was literally like drinking dishwater. It was tasteless, vile and disgusting.

Previous orders have included a dish of Char Siu that was a dry as leather and probably as old as the stars. I really don't think a microwaved and reheated dish should ever pass as good Chinese food.

2  Thank BanffDreaming
Reviewed 12 December 2016

I found the food to be ok, nothing amazing which it should be considering the price and location. The decoration needs updating and the service to take away customers could be better.
Overall there are other such restaurants in Amersham which I would recommend before this one.

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Picked up a takeaway menu a couple of weeks ago and decided to give them a go today as was having family round for lunch. Called at 1.45 to place my ordet (menu stated they were open 12pm to 2.30pm so this shouldnt have been an issue) only to be told they were closed. Confused, I wanted to understand if the opening times printed on their menu was wrong or if this was a one off. The proprietor shouted at me and hung up on me. Appalling behaviour! I certainly won't be making this mistake again.