All reviewsexcellent hostshome from homeset us up for the dayon arrivalrooms are lovelybed and breakfastperfect staystar hotelsusanbedroomlangford
Reviewed 22 March 2016

I spent two nights and I was immediately made welcome with refreshments upon my arrival. The home made cake and the bread were both delicious. I could find no fault with anything and it will be my first choice for my frequent stays in Bedfordshire in the future.
My grateful thanks to Sue and Chris for making me so welcome . I look forward to staying with them in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Roger W
susan w, Owner at The Acers, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2016

Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you in the autumn.

Reviewed 24 December 2015 via mobile

Such a warm and friendly welcome with a cuppa and slice of tasty cake to boot. Fantastic hosts and nothing was too much trouble, including letting us have a room only deal due to us having breakfast elsewhere on the Sunday morn. Lovely king size room with a sizeable bathroom to match. Would definitely return of back that way and would highly recommend. Just like coming home.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Missychelle
Reviewed 20 December 2015

We arrived earlier than we'd predicted but it didn't matter because we were welcomed as old friends might be, even though we'd never stayed before: a wonderful pot of tea and delicious homemade fruitcake, but most of all, a very warm welcome and an attentive ear to a few problems we'd had.
After a good nights sleep we enjoyed a wonderful fresh breakfast that set us up for the day ahead and our journey home, and quite easily would have sustained us for a couple of days had we required it to.
Sue and Chris are excellent hosts and it was an honour to be welcomed into their home and immediately made to feel so relaxed. Thank you and we would love to stay again if we get the chance.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jacqui1853
Reviewed 25 August 2015

Stayed for one night in August while visiting family, immediately made welcome with tea/coffee and delicious home made fruit cake in the gorgeous garden. Although booked for two people we had my elderly dad with us on arrival, just until we got to our party early evening and he was made very welcome too. The house is big, light and airy with a lovely homely feel. Our room was huge with en-suite bathroom, large comfy bed, lots of storage space if needed and the attention to detail was perfect. Shower gels, shampoos, conditioner all in bathroom with hand soap and hand cream. Big fluffy towel and lovely power shower. Tea and coffee facilites in the room including a cookie jar, fresh milk in a little flask to keep it cool. We visited on the hottest day/evening of the year yet the room stayed cool and fresh even with the massive windows. We didnt have breakfast, as we were having breakfast with friends and family at the local pub, so they very kindly deducted £10 from the bill. All in all, a lovely place and we would definitely stay there again on our next visit. Thank you Sue for making us (and dad) feel so welcome.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank paulandSally
Reviewed 20 August 2015

We discovered this fabulous b&b and stayed for 3 nights whilst we were researching our family tree in nearby Pirton. Accommodation was great as was the breakfast and Chris & Sue were very knowledgeable about the area and things we could see and do. All in all we had a thoroughly good time and would recommend this venue for all "family tree hunters".

Room Tip: King size room at front is great
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple