The Inn at Solitude
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Silver Fork Lodge(Brighton)
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewsno liftrental shopski equipmentslope sidehot tubski lodgegreat resortpark citynordic centerlarge roomcondoaltaskierssoapscanyon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2011

From the start this was a great trip. We arrived late with children and the two staff members quickly took care of everything. We woke to piles of fresh snow and felt like we had entered an amazing village. Great ski-in location. Excellent spot across the way with food for the kids. Great brunch on the weeekend. Some nicer dinner options. We left the resort one morning for the Silver Fork for breakfast - another great spot. Such a small cozy place. Smores after skiing, outdoor pools to relax and a magician at night to entertain the kids. The inn is small and never feels crowded. The staff is attentive and the rooms are comfortable. We all loved this vacation. I hope Solitude never becomes a crowded place and continues to live up to its name. Lift lines are not a problem and the skiing is excellent! We hope to go back next year!

Reviewed 3 April 2011

We only stayed two nights, but it was well worth it. The rooms were nice. Our package included breakfast at St. Bernards. The staff was very nice. The pool and hot tub at the Inn was perfect for soaking my old bones. And a short walk let us use the TWO hot tubs at the condo next door.

We had plenty of food options within walking distance. Each room also has a small refrigerator for storing snacks... And a coffee maker, for making hot chocolate...

My one complaint with my slope facing room was the lights outside my room. They stayed on all night long making the room light up like daytime (admittedly, I like a dark room). The second night I got two extra blankets and hung them over the curtain rods!

As any ski resort is, it was a little pricey, but certainly worth it in my opinion. Not sure I would have been quite as happy if the weather had been different... but we had fresh powder, it was great!

Room Tip: Slope facing if possible
Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2011

The views are great from the hotel. It is clean and friendly and my family enjoyed our stay very much.

I wish they had a microwave in the room, but they did have one at reception which the staff would let you use.

1  Thank mrmackay
Reviewed 24 March 2011

The Inn and village condos often have the best deals by far for ski in and out. Our beds were comfy, the rooms are clean. The HDMI TV's are great-you can stream live to a Vizio. Never saw more snow here than this year. Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons are the best skiing in the world!

1  Thank Charles043
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I loved everyone I interacted with at the Inn and around the village. This is the reason that I give the Inn 4 stars rather than the 3 or lower I would give if I was basing my rating solely on the rooms. The Inn itself has clean rooms, but they are out-of-date. They have a humidifier in each room which I greatly appreciate. However, for those with allergies, it is worth noting that they only have down comforters and pillows. Also, to help with packing, know that they provide shampoos, soaps, conditioners, and shower caps as most hotels do, but they do not have body lotion so don't forget to pack some!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple