“Wonderful stay at the Inn at Solitude”

The Inn at Solitude
Ranked #1 of 1 Solitude B&B and Inns
Carlsbad, CA
“Wonderful stay at the Inn at Solitude”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My tween son and I just returned from a three night stay. We had such a great time that we will be returning next January. Although the slopes did not have fresh snow for us it was still perfect. My son took an all day ski class (10-3:15pm) which included lunch and the staff was great, he had a fun time. The cost was $135 which included everything (rentals, lift ticket and lesson). Jim at the ski school was very helpful in setting up my son's lesson. The hotel was small but comfortable. The rooms are older but comfortable and clean. There were 2 robes in the closet and a refrigerator but no microwave. The staff was friendly and the restaurant in the hotel was great. It was nice that the access to the ski lift was within a short walk. We also had a chance to go ice-skating and use the pool and jacuzzi - both were fun. Overall we loved our visit. Make sure you drink lots of water during your stay. My first night I failed to drink liquids and I got altitude sickness and was very sick.

• Stayed January 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
philadelphia
Reviewed 24 April 2011

From the start this was a great trip. We arrived late with children and the two staff members quickly took care of everything. We woke to piles of fresh snow and felt like we had entered an amazing village. Great ski-in location. Excellent spot across the way with food for the kids. Great brunch on the weeekend. Some nicer dinner options. We left the resort one morning for the Silver Fork for breakfast - another great spot. Such a small cozy place. Smores after skiing, outdoor pools to relax and a magician at night to entertain the kids. The inn is small and never feels crowded. The staff is attentive and the rooms are comfortable. We all loved this vacation. I hope Solitude never becomes a crowded place and continues to live up to its name. Lift lines are not a problem and the skiing is excellent! We hope to go back next year!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Gainesville, Florida (home of the Gators!)
Reviewed 3 April 2011

We only stayed two nights, but it was well worth it. The rooms were nice. Our package included breakfast at St. Bernards. The staff was very nice. The pool and hot tub at the Inn was perfect for soaking my old bones. And a short walk let us use the TWO hot tubs at the condo next door.

We had plenty of food options within walking distance. Each room also has a small refrigerator for storing snacks... And a coffee maker, for making hot chocolate...

My one complaint with my slope facing room was the lights outside my room. They stayed on all night long making the room light up like daytime (admittedly, I like a dark room). The second night I got two extra blankets and hung them over the curtain rods!

As any ski resort is, it was a little pricey, but certainly worth it in my opinion. Not sure I would have been quite as happy if the weather had been different... but we had fresh powder, it was great!

Room Tip: Slope facing if possible
Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Arkansas
Reviewed 28 March 2011

The views are great from the hotel. It is clean and friendly and my family enjoyed our stay very much.

I wish they had a microwave in the room, but they did have one at reception which the staff would let you use.

1 Thank mrmackay
Deerfield, Illinois
Reviewed 24 March 2011

The Inn and village condos often have the best deals by far for ski in and out. Our beds were comfy, the rooms are clean. The HDMI TV's are great-you can stream live to a Vizio. Never saw more snow here than this year. Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons are the best skiing in the world!

1 Thank Charles043
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solitude
2.3 km away
7.9 km away
Marriott's MountainSide
Marriott's MountainSide
#12 of 60 in Park City

Been to The Inn at Solitude? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK