Hotel Zaci
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
El Meson del Marques(Valladolid)
Hostel Candelaria(Valladolid)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel San Clemente(Valladolid)
Colonte(Valladolid)
Casa Tia Micha(Valladolid)
Casa Marlene(Valladolid)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe busolder hotelfloor gets wetshort walking distancerooms are basicshower curtainrooms facedecent sized poolfirst floorceiling fanair conditioningno elevatorcenote zaciideal locationtown squarenight's sleephotel room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This was our 2nd stay here. It's a very convenient location, right behind the bus station, and a very short walk from the city square. I stayed here with my family (2 young kids) for New Years 2011/12. The kids loved the pool, which was nice; the lounge area around the pool is well kept up and picturesque. There is a new lounge area on the second floor overlooking the pool. The rooms were nice; as some others have commented, the bed, towels, etc are not the newest, but they were clean and tidy. It also has a nice, traditional style. We got a room with 2 beds for $416 pesos. We chose not to take AC, but since it was "winter" (18-20 degrees Celsius at night) it wasn't necessary. While some other reviewers have complained about the price, we made our rounds and checked out other hotels; others for the same price were not nice at all, and those that were more recently renovated, etc were significantly more expensive (I think $700 pesos right on the old city square.) Our only complaint is that on the day we checked out, they didn't have anywhere we could leave our bags. We had to leave them at the bus station, where the service for keeping bags is good and free for passengers. We recommend Hotel Zaci; it's not luxury, but it's affordable and comfortable.

Room Tip: Pay for AC if you're going between April and October. In the winter, don't. The weather is perfect without it.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

we arrived to Valladolid without any reservations and after looking and visiting several hotels, de decided to stay at Zaci Hotel, it was the best option we found.. nice location, beutiful outside design, nice swiming pool, the rooms are fine, friendly staff and GREAT PRICE!!
after the first night, we went to other towns near Valladolid and definitely went back to Zaci!! my children 8 and 3 years old... enjoy it very well!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dannat28
Reviewed 20 March 2011

This place had the potential to be great, with a central location, swimming pool and good sized rooms. However, the beds were too hard and the decor was so overdue an overhaul. In summary, this hotel would be fine if you can't find anything else (there is nothing really wrong with it) but it's pretty average and I'm sure it must be possible to find better alternatives!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca R
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I chose this hotel in Valladolid because of the good reviews on t rip advisor. I also was trying to be budget minded and this was listed for 300 pesos. We got a room fro 500 pesos (30 pesos was for a/c)and they did not take credit cards. My internet research of the 300 pesos was obviously old. The town of Valladolid reminds me of Merida, just smaller. We traveled by bus and found Hotel Zaci to be just around the corner between the bus station and the Park. It is clean, quiet and a gorgeous setting. The pool is very nice but very cold the day we visited. The outside of the building looks much the same as every other building in the centro part of Valladolid. A concrete, brighly colored building with a door way leading to the reception area and grass courtyard. They were doing some remodeling and its looks like some new tile work around the pool and fountains will be forth coming. This 2 story hotel has a nice wide staircase, which is sometimes hard to find in Mexico. Makes getting your luggage up the stairs easier. Our room was good sized with 2 beds ( one double & one twin). The 3 pillows were a bit bigger then most budget hotels in Mexico. There is a big closet to hang clothes and keep your suitcase or packs. There is a TV and a large mirror onto of a large desk type piece of furniture with 2 shelves below for storage. The bathroom was adequate. Nice tile, clean. The beds are hard but I like a firm bed so it wasn’t a problem and this seems to be the case in most of Mexico. Generally budget hotels have firm beds, flat pillows, small thin towels, cheap white bar soap and limited shampoo/condtioner. The wifi availability at Zaci is poor. There was suppose to be some in the lobby and I did manage to see it under my connections available but it had problems on several attempts to connect. The receptionist pretty much just told me that sometimes it works and other not. In the morning I was successful in checking my email. I would have preferred to have internet access in my room. There were only 2 electrical outlets in the room. One in the bedroom and one in the bathroom. Be warned, they do not handle a 3 prong plug. The receptionist did set me across the street to a hardware store, where I was able to purchase one for 5 pesos (she told me it would only be 3 pesos). The point to this is to make sure while traveling in Mexico you place one on the end of your 3 prong plug. Once in Valladolid, you can walk around the park and find several hotels. If you walk just one block away from the park in any direction, there are also several small hotels so I think you can just go to Valladolid and find a place based on your budget. Valladolid is a very quiet town so nothing much happens past 9pm. It is not a party town. Be prepared to relax.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Acmeflower
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I'm not sure why this hotel comes so highly recommended on this forum and others. At $495 MP/night for a double with a/c, it's no bargain. The pool was empty, looked to be under construction, however, in the five days we were there we saw no one working on it. The bed was like sleeping on concrete and worst of all the room was full of flying insects, which was very annoying. On the plus side, it is reasonably clean and is very close to the bus station.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple