All reviews tia micha honeymoon suite the main square sister property mexican breakfast fresh juice each morning beautiful garden small pool beans boutique hotel two nights empanadas where breakfast is served sitting area small hotel an oasis
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this boutique hotel for three nights. Would highly recommend booking a stay at this location, if in the city of Valladolid.

The inn only has six rooms and their focus is customer service. The rooms are simply decorated but are impeccably clean. The location is prime, as you will find yourself just a 1/2 block from the main square.

The room rate includes a three course breakfast meal. Each table is awaiting its guests with a reservation sign, welcoming the nightly guests. The food is wonderful, filling and the waiter is anxious to make this your best meal- of the day. You will not go hungry, and the variation and taste are second to none.

Lastly, this in. Is a sister to Hotel Marlene, so although there is only a jacuzzi on property- you are welcome to visit and use the pool on the Hotel Marlene, just a few steps from Casa Tia Micha.

Lastly, parking is included, at the next door Burger King, our car was safe and sound, parked right next door to our accommodations.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Let me first start by saying this was our first visit to Valladolid and I Loved it so much I'm returning again in 7 months. I have fallen head over heels with this darling little town.

I'm finding it hard to know where to begin because I have so many wonderful things I want to share about Casa Tia Micha. Hubby and I were simply thrilled with our stay there.

We were booked for 3 nights in the Honeymoon suite, which by the way, we were not honeymooners. But that was the only room available at the time of booking. If you don't already know, Casa Tia Micha and Casa Marlene are sister hotels located on the same street, about 4 store-fronts away from each other.

This was great because Hubby and I were traveling with another couple and our friends were saying in Casa Marlene. This worked out perfectly and is ideal when traveling with a group of friends if you need to reserve several rooms. I believe Casa Tia Micha has 5 rooms and I think Casa Marlene has 6 rooms. Which tells you how quaint and intimate the two properties are.

As soon as Hubby and I walked into the entrance of Casa Tia Micha and I saw that glorious open-aired walkway leading to the courtyard and rooms, I was absolutely thrilled!

The courtyard is like an Oasis. Filled with trees and pretty potted plants, it's like someone's beautiful Hacienda. Which, come to find out, it was once a family home built over a hundred years ago. There is a soaking pool, along with several tables and chairs and such a beautiful relaxing ambiance. There is a nice little sitting area up on the second floor where our room was (be sure to walk up there even if your room is on the first floor). We're birders so the different sounds of the birds made the entire experience so special.

After we took our luggage upstairs, the staff member (I'm so sorry I can not remember his name) asked us if we would like complimentary wine or cerveza. We opted for wine and quickly we each had a glass sitting in the courtyard listening to the birds, looking at the Flora and we were so amazed. It was a truly wonderful feeling.

The courtyard area has several tables and chairs, where I saw guests sitting with a cocktail, or quietly reading - this is also where they set up for your complimentary breakfast. If you prefer, you can walk down to Casa Marlene, the sister property, and have breakfast there instead. The staff will ask you each day, "Where would you like to have Breakfast?" so they can know and prepare accordingly. We actually chose Casa Marlene each morning just because our friends were staying there so to make it simple we opted to eat our three breakfasts there.

The breakfast is almost a 4 course breakfast and is splendid. Fresh Fruit, yogurt and granola is first served with fresh juice (a different juice each morning) and then the main breakfast entree which changed each morning (consisting of egg, beans, empanada, etc) and then they serve some sort of breakfast dessert. Talk about being spoiled!

They also serve a lovely sort of biscuit/butter cookie beforehand. Oh and the Coffee!! Let me not forget to tell you about the coffee.

They have a beautiful terracotta pot, filled with Mexican coffee which contained: Coffee, Anise, Honey, dark sugar and Cinnamon. So delicious. And to top it off, they served the coffee in the most beautiful hand painted Terracotta coffee mug. It was the perfect topper to a beautiful Mexican Breakfast.

In the evening after our adventures around Valladolid, we enjoyed the soaking pool at Casa Tia Micha as well as the larger pool over at Casa Marlene.

I can't speak enough on how wonderful the staff was. Jesus and Sherri were like family. I fell in love with Sherri (she works over at Casa Marlene). Oh and Jesus was so kind and sweet. Both of them gave us the kindest "goodbyes".
Sherri said to us as we left "Promise me, wherever you go from here, whatever you do, please have fun".
And Jesus said to us upon leaving "I wish you much success in your life".

What a wonderful ending to a perfect 3 nights. I simply loved both Casa Tia Micha and Casa Marlene. I will be back to stay in October and I am counting the days!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SallyLuu
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

This place is really friendly. The breakfast served in the garden is excellent and service is outstanding. The garden is enjoyable but there are mosquitoes but that’s not the hotel’s fault, of course. Unfortunately our room was quite dark and a bit musty. I rate the place four because the rest was so good.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2018

We had one of the rooms upstairs and this room was really huge! A big bathtub and an additional shower in the bathroom. In the room and also in the public areas everything decorated with a lot of good taste!
The breakfast was delicious, with typical mexican food (tamales, omeletes) and fruit. There could have been more choices of alternative dishes for breakfast, which was served at the table, not as a buffet.
We also had the choice or regular coffee and mexican coffee, which is a coffee with cinnamon and other spices.
There is a big parking lot right next to Casa Tia Micha and it is only like 2 minutes walking distance to the main square of Valladolid!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed for two nights. The hotel is on the main route into the centre (and not even one block from the main square). The small door off the street is deceiving and once you are through there the most beautiful little pathway opens up to brightly coloured walls and doors and a small courtyard garden where breakfast is served. There is a small pool to relax in should you choose. The room was more classic style, but very clean and comfortable with good facilities such as aircon, free wifi, fridge with bottled mineral water included. They have off road parking agreed in the next door parking facility which is great if you have a car. Sunday nights they close the square in the town to traffic and have dancing in the streets which was fun to see! The lady who checked us in was very nice and gave us a map marked with restaurants etc that she recommended. Good spot to get a taste of Mexican life and make a day trip to Chechen Itza!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple