Hotel Que Onda
Bookit.com
US$ 308
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Las Villas Akumal(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$ 230
US$ 170
US$ 340
  • Breakfast included
Villas DeRosa Beach Resort(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$ 102
US$ 89
US$ 542
US$ 385
bedfinder
Itour Akumal Villa Las Tortugas(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$ 46
All reviewsyal ku lagoonstayed two nightswalking distanceswim with turtleshalf moon baynice hotelsmall poolcoffee makerair conditioningfishrefrigeratorpedrocondopesoscenotecollectivo
Reviewed 25 March 2016

What I like is:
- Amazing complex with swimming pool and fantastic garden, all decided in typical Mexican style - makes you feel as part of a fairy-tale
- Fast internet
- Close to the Lagoon, though far from the central turtle beach
- Spacious room - the deluxe room - Great value for money ratio

What I didn't like is:
- a bit far from Akumal resort center (3 km)
- impossible without car
- the road to it is in poor condition - last 500 m. black road
- prices in the restaurant - a bit highish
- ascetic room interior, though with some twists
- breakfast for extra cost
- limited English spoken

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jan V
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

I only stayed one night but I thoroughly enjoyed the vibe of this little gem! It's def not a glamorous type place and if that's what your looking for of opt for an AI. There is no AC but the fan was plenty during my visit. At night you fall asleep listening to the waves crashing on the rocks close by and there are a trillion stars! Probably my best nights sleep during my entire week!

The music playing at the restaurant is incredible... It's just perfect for working or chilling! The food was very good and in fact one of my better meals at breakfast.

This is an unassuming ", truly Mexican feeling little hotel. They have everything u need to enjoy Akumal during your stay. The price is perfect and I wished I had stayed more nights!!

Your quite a walk to the half moon bay but they have bikes and your actually right on the lagoon where u can spend the morning swimming w turtles!

Big thumbs up!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Mymartini13
Reviewed 1 March 2016

This was basically just a place to crash for us. I did not like the vibe of Akumal at all. So we were very happy to find this place at the end of the road, in a quieter area. The restaurant food was great. We had unit #5. I think that it is one of the rooms that is not updated. No air conditioning but the fan worked and there was an in room safe. The bed was comfortable, we slept well as it was fairly quiet. The spare bedding was not clean at all, so have a good look before you use it. Our outdoor deck and hammock were a nice place to sit and drink a few beers and use the free wifi. The gardens and grounds are nice. We didn't use the pool but the water was warm and it seemed clean. Lots of free parking. Hot water in the room was unpredictable and definitely seemed to be affected by other hotels guests. Surges of hot and cold. My husbands comment was that this was one step up from staying in a Hostel. I've never stayed in a Hostel ;) but it wasn't terrible. If you're ok with somewhat aged and rustic you will be fine. Pay cash if you can, Pesos, as you will save on the price of your room. There is beach access to the lagoon area where you can get into the water for snorkeling. There is a paid snorkeling area/facility basically right beside Que Onda, but you don't need to pay the fee if you have your own gear and access the rocky beach. There's houses down there however they don't own 20 meters from high tide so you are allowed to access it. The sandy beach is back towards town, a decent walk or quick bike ride. It's very busy and not my thing so I would suggest avoiding it.

Room Tip: pay cash, sandy beach access is not nearby.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed 9 February 2016

It is a really small sweet hotel! You don't need more! It is very clean and it is very close to the beach, It is located in a very quiet place, great for vacations! The people helping around are soooo great and the service is perfect, everybody is very nice!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2016

We loved this place for its location and tranquillity.

Small pool and great rooms. We loved the tiled bath it was huge and the showers were hot and strong.

The bed was comfy and the room had a big balcony and a fridge.
Everything you need including the biggest bath towels all soft and fluffy.

The staff and owner were great and helped us with info on the area and tips for getting around. Bike hire on site nice new comfy seated ones not old rusty ones like some places.
The area is located near the lagoon but was an easy safe walk to the town and nearby restaurants although we found taking our torch was a good idea at night.
The shops have all you could need but were a little expensive so if you need something particular maybe purchase it before you get there as the taxis charge a fortune (I expect its the usual tariff but we thought it was a lot of money)
There are ATM's in the Pueblo most dispense US Dollars but the ones inside the shops have Pesos but we found they were often empty or out of service. So take cash with you (we will next time) Credit cards are taken and dollars too but we found we got better deals using Pesos.
We went snorkelling in the lagoon using the rocky (free) entrance a few times and the paid entrance once. We swam with turtles from the beach and had a great time on the beach. There is no need to pay for a guide anywhere. We noticed when we were sat at the restaurant that people just trampled across our towels and did not care that people belongings were there, I thought this was very rude and inconsiderate so make sure you take things with you or pack things into your bag if you dont want sand in all your stuff. Also beware of falling coconuts, we saw a close shave ...one fell inches away from someone sitting under a tree.
Dont forget your eco friendly sun lotion or rashy for snorkelling if you plan going for long periods of time as the sun is very hot even on cooler windy days.

All in all a great holiday

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple