Hi all sorry for the length if anyone would like any questions answered please just ask.
We arrived 2 adults 1 child (10) at the GBP Coba 18th June for 2 weeks second time at GBP but stayed at Tulim first time, we contacted Felix before we arrived and asked for a room central and to book our a la cartes of which he did and promptly. Thank You
On entering our room the smell was stale and damp very bad to be honest but we were central so thought get rid of the smell it should be fine, we where in 33009 bottom floor balcony looked on to a bush the size of the building the sun does not touch the bottom balconies and the view is of ants,spiders,beasties in the balcony it was like something out of a wildlife show, no clothes got dry due to humidity and no sun hitting the balcony, you couldnt/wouldnt sit out in the balcony as if you did you will be bit to death, we kept the door shut and locked after fighting with the lock for 10 minutes daily. The maid opens both main door and balcony door daily to clean the room and low and be hold the room had mosquitos every night and day, my family couldnt understand why we received so many bites until one night I killed 4 and we still woke up with 3-4 new bites each in the morning. We eventually went to the chemist bought a spray for the room and sprayed it nightly which certainly helped wished we had thought of this the first week but we had bands lifesystem 100+ deet and nothing helped. It rained a few days so mosquitos were out in force and anyone not getting bit must be very lucky. To be fair we should have asked to be moved right away but my wife broke her ankle at xmas so walking distance was a bit tricky, it really ruined it for us which was a shame, I never saw the hotel fumigated apart from one hedge and I saw a worker outside the lobby one day that was it. Last visit it fumigated a lot the whole complex and they also supplied wipes.
Was this due to it being quite season the music bar was shut the first week and all the other guests for some reason come to coba at night the rainy nights obviously force you indoors therefore no seats tables you were left to sit on the floor,stairs or stand listening to karaoke, they closed the lobby bar at 11pm only 30 minutes before its meant to but then you have to go to the hacienda or the 24hr snack bar no thanks we tried once each the hacienda is to rowdy and the 24 snackbar was to loud and not ideal to sit for another hour with my 10 yr old son, 5 star hotel standards NO CHANCE, we went the other way and went to Akumal for a meal and went into the music bar it was empty tables and chairs galore but then that was open, so we thought the following night at Coba would be better nope the exact same very busy but no seating again and music bar closed.
Locals come in there 100s at the weekend best of luck although they were never any bother and there for a break the same as everyone else. The food we ate was very good and that was from the a la cartes to the buffett to the snack bars daily, you should not go hungry and the alcohol was fine also but the thing that does get on my nerves is queues you know the ones we stand in and the ones others dont care about some bar staff notice and try and serve you in turn but most if you speak spanish will serve you first. I will say that the staff at the poolbar at the quiet pool excelled themselves and a couple of them went that extra mile so thanks to you guys,
Sadly and I could go on and on but it would not be praising the place much at all, I believe it is Sian Kian that is the special place for the greater better holiday and I think sadly the rest is going down hill quite rapidly, we have been to 4/5 gran bahia hotels around the world and never noticed this but we believe they have there sights set higher and the Tulim,Akumal,Coba are and will suffer even more and my wife and I have decided what they offer for the price and the 10hr flights from the UK is not worth it so unless something miraculas happens with the Mexican group we wont be holidaying in the area ever again but we will maybe try elsewhere in Mexico.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico