We stayed in Coba section, under 10 mins walk to the beach or a trolley ride
Overall we were very happy with this resort . Staff were very good and friendly , look out for Maria and Saturno in the cozemul eatery, excellent.(on the other end of the scale look out for Guam who works in the 24hr snack bar in coba, if shes not chatting to her B friend or other staff she may take the time to be rude to you!! ALL the other staff were EXCELLENT i have to say.
A le Cartes ,the ones we went to were very good ,our best was LE Gourmet.
We did enjoy our trips out to Tulum, Akumel beach and Playa del carmen, all done for a couple dollars each in the collectivos.
TIP.. When you get off at the Hacienda to walk to the highway,20 yards,the amount of people we saw walking to the right where some white minibus TAXIS are who thought they were collectivos!!
i f you walk to the left in line with the gate guard and wait a collectivo will see you and pullover, thes have the word collectivo on them and are governed by what they charge.no need to haggle.
if you need to go the other direction ,towards playa and akumel you have to run the gauntlet of taxis and cross over the highway and wait,35 pesos each to playa carmen.!!
Ovrall we had a very nice holiday,room was nice and we allready thinking of our next Hols in Mexico, lovely country.Would we go back to this hotel? im afraid not, just for one reason,that for me stacks against all the good stuff and believe me it is all good but for one thing Towel Games
which a lot of Hotels suffer from to be fair. 6.45 --700am you need towels by the pool to get shaded beds roughly where you want them!! any later and you are chancing it.
Overall a lovely resort but Adults only for us next time, less people == more sunbeds.,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico