I have been to this resort 4 times now.
My first time was in 2008 in March. My first reaction was I thought I died and gone to heaven. I felt very safe and comfortable. Felt I was at home.
The second time was in 2010 for Christmas. Was so different waking up with no snow.. but I totally enjoyed every minute of that trip.
After a little convencing my fiance and I decided to do a desitionation wedding at GBPC and got to go down there for Christmas in 2011 before our wedding in April. It was his first time at this resort and he found out why my parents and I talk about our past trips like they were yesterday. The dinner for new years was outstanding. I have never in my life seen so much food in one room from lobster to desserts four teared high. UNBELIEVEABLE. :( we didn't get to stay for the big party our flight was at 11:45 pm Dec 31 :(.
Now we just returned from our destination wedding at the GBPC. I want to tell you that every minute every detail was breath taking, and beautiful. Our wedding planning was all done through emails and Maria our wedding cordinator was a gem. She got every detail and every little request to a T. The ceremony was breathing at the gazebo in Tulum. Our dinner, and chocolate cake with strawberry filling was delicious. Then our pool side reception was defintely the icing on the cake. My flowers were bird of paradise with a purple and whit mix of other flowers. The spa was great too my maid of honor and I got our hair done for that day, and it held up the enitre day. This day was very relaxing and I didn't have to worry about any detail being left out. When we got back to our room that night it was decorated very romantic with rose pettles every every a bottle of champane on ice for us, extra chocolate kisses on the bed, and more flowers. The staff bent over backwards to make our day very memorable as well as our guest will be talking about it for a long time.
The weather was amazing, not too hot. It was very comfortable.
Since we have been home we are looking at booking another trip hopefully this year again.
I can not say anything bad about this resort.
I have found my second home away from home.. Miss you GBPC looking forward to coming home soon <3
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 7 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico