6,501 results
All reviews ribs mayan suite beach bar el dorado a la carte restaurants fish the salt water pool main pool the white sands colonial lobby outdoor shower punta emilia adult pool junior suite tikal buffet white party hemingway bar
Reviewed 29 April 2016

This was our first trip to Mexico and staying at this resort made it perfect. From check-in to check-out everything was top notch. This resort exceeded all our expectations. We has full access to 4 other resorts associated with Grand Palladium and the trolly's made it very easy to get around. There was entertainment in at least 2 hotels every night, some suited to kids and some to adults, there was also live music in some lobbies. The fireshow at the Salt water pool is a must see. The buffets and a la carte restaurants were amazing, the atmosphere and quality of food was second to none. Even the lobbies and surroundings were just perfect. The jungle surrounded the resort so all of the trails were so quiet and beautiful. There were 2 huge main pools with swim up bars and several "secret" pools. We would end every night with a little bite to eat at one of the 24 hour snack bars on the beach then walk the beach to get back to our room, always felt safe. The staff were also very friendly, in particular one of the trolly drivers Ali. I cannot say enough about this resort, it's great for families, adults, singles, couples. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I will be going back there for years to come.

6  Thank danielleanderson2016
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2016

Dear danielleanderson2016,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback, very much appreciated. I will pass to our staff your comments about the food and the service. These comments help and give motivation to the personal and so improve our service day to day. Our commitment is to provide the best service and attention at all times to our guests.

Thanks again and if you decide to visit us again and for any further comments please, do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

I've already written a very detailed review of the Royal Suites section, so I will keep this short and sweet!

Our 8th trip to the Grand Palladium resort was in Sept of 2015 and are planning #9. While there, we met people that had visited upwards of 17-18 times. If that doesn't say it all, I don't know what does, we love it there.

The staff are absolutely amazing and as such, I'd like to name a few of my stand-outs: Fernanda (La Jarra,) Israel (Royal cart driver,) Samuel, Gaspar and Manuel (El Jardin,) Martha and Landy (El Gran Azul,) Ivonne and Abuelo (La Terrazza.)
These wonderful people are a huge part of why we keep going back, thank you so much to you all!!

If there was one suggestion I could make for management to consider, it'd be asking that one pool be left open until about 2am for those of us that like to go for a swim after the Riviera show at night. Perhaps El Secreto and La Terrazza could rotate to allow nightly pool maintenance. This would be the "icing on the cake" of our visits to our home away from home!!

Muchas Gracias por ochos vacationes excelentes mis amigos, estamos muy emocionados de volver en septiembre!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen H
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Dear Karen H,

We really appreciate all the great comments that you made about our Resort and especially about our staff. We are working everyday to improve our facilities and the quality of service that we provide to our clients. We strive to make every guests vacation one that they will remember as their best vacation ever. Our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.

Your home away from home awaits you next time you are in Mexico.

"Muchas Gracias"

Kinds Regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2016

Grand Palladium Kentenah

I have just arrived with a small group of tennis from Grand Palladium Kentenah . The girl in charge of my group Angelica Lucatero have been one of the best, I never had, if you put aside the difficulty with restaurant reservation Angelica as a 95 percent satisfaction rating, Angelica be sure the room is ready and in the same aréa the tennis is clean and well prépare and more.

The rooms newly renovated (2 or 3 years I think) are very spacious and has all modern comforts, we were not far from the tennis, all together.

Tennis at the number of 6 and is in perfect condition, only the grid will be rebuild in some différent location. I have one of my poeple had one injury (serious enough ruptura of the Achilles heel) Bryan who is the head of the tennis have been very quick to respond thanks to him and the team in less than a few minute I see doctor and then eventualy go to hospital. The Hospiten is hospital group in the Antille are specializing in accident involving tourists
You are also well cared that we have no fear.

Angelica we had made the suggestion of restaurant, dinners have have been very well .
The favorite the Marenostrum was not very available for a group however we enjoyed the Portofino and is Manager, very nice, the most appreciated was the Punta Emilia an evening in the super Moonlight, El Dorado is the steak also
The very popular Sumptuori. The restaurant are comparable to what do best in this type of hotel thanks to the general manager of this restaurants Madam Célia Benito and Mr Diego Diaz to accommodate me very appréciate.

The spa is noteworthy because it is very accessible and has service rarely accesible to all, on a cloudy day it constitue a perfect place to spend good time

The complex is huge with its 4 hotel the Kentenah offers an excellent quality-price ratio. I recommend it to you. Thanks to Mr Antonio Parrado director general for receiving my friends in fine fashion

The Sun have been to the venue not a drop of rain

Thank you and hope that this can be used for other

Louis

Room Tip: Rooms on the # 49 and more is in center of every one Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louis L

Dear Louis L,

We really appreciate all the great comments that you made about our Palladium Hotel Kantenah and especially about our staff.

Your home away from home awaits you next time you are in Mexico.
Thank you again. We are so looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kinds Regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2016

This was my first trip to Mexico as I was a little hesitant to go with all the crazy stories you hear of things happening to tourists but my husband had really wanted to go so I gave in. We picked the Palladium as we had stayed at the Palladium in Punta Cana and the price was great and reviews amazing as well. We made a great choice. The resort was so clean, the staff was amazing, food was great. Our room was beautiful, we had requested a king bed, top floor, close to the beach through our travel agent and through e-mail but when we checked in they had no note of that but the lady at the desk was so great and she worked her magic and got us a king bed, top floor but it was the first building 41, at first I was disappointed but it turned out to be a great spot, very close to everything and the walk to the beach was not that far and good for us. I loved the tub so nice and long. The bed was so comfortable and like I said the room was so clean. My only disappointment was the beach, which is not the resort's fault at all. The beach itself is beautiful however the water is full of coral, there is one spot to swim but that seemed to be far from the chairs. We chose a spot on the beach close to the water and then just sat in the water to cool off the first few days until we found the saltwater pool which then was our favourite spot. It was so neat to swim with the fish, so we actually got to swim in the ocean and listen and watch the waves. There was a little rocky beach that we looked for seashells every day. The bartender there was so nice and the drinks were great, wonderful service, always smiling. We had lunch at the little beach bar, Elvira waited on us, she too was amazing and so friendly. The lady who was singing there had a beautiful voice. We ate at three a la carte's, the Steakhouse - amazing food and service!! the Mexican - again we had amazing food and service and the Japanese which we didn't book for the teppanyaki but we were offered it when we arrived but chose not to, which in the end we wished we had as it looked so fun but the food and service was great here as well. The buffet has the same food every night but it was great food and again great service. The staff do not expect tips but are very grateful when you do tip them. So please tip them, you get great service regardless but they work so hard they definitely deserve the tip. They have photographers on the resort taking your photos but I found the photos they take to be too expensive $20 US a picture, which to me was way too much. They have a market set up outside the Mexican and Steakhouse which was great, they don't hassle you so it makes it easier to look and not feel pressured. They are very friendly. I love how easy communication was, the staff spoke Spanish but as soon as you spoke English they began speaking English. There was no language barrier at all. It is a very beautiful resort with so much to see, we didn't even get to see it all. We had a beautiful relaxing week, just what we needed. Thanks Palladium staff for a wonderful first visit to Mexico!

4  Thank Karen W
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Dear Karen W

Thank you for your nice feed back regarding your stay at the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa.

We so much appreciate your kind tone; and feel happy that we were able to live up your expectations. It’s always a pleasure when our guests have a wonderful time with us.

Your home away from home awaits you next time you are in Mexico
We look forward to seeing you and your family again very soon.

Kinds regards

Assistan Maqnager

Reviewed 26 April 2016

My wife and I visited 4/17-4/24. I have to say this place was pretty amazing. All workers were nice and friendly. Grounds were clean and taking care of daily.

Check In-Was fast and easy after about an hour and a half trip from the airport. We had booked a King bed but ended up with two double beds instead. We requested a change and never heard anything back from the front desk.

Restaurants-We went to two buffets, the ones which are at the Colonial and Kantenah area. The buffets were nice and had a good variety of food for every meal time. They get real repetitive after staying for 7 days though. They do have some Mexican dishes but I was dissapointed they didnt have more of a variety. I'm in Mexico give me what your country has to offer. Desserts are top notch and have lots of them. Crepes are made at breakfast and also a juice bar.
We went to two al la carte restaurants which were the Mexican and the Italian one. The Mexican one was ok and the Italian seemed like they cooked the food in the buffet and served it to us. Overall I think the buffets were better. You could pick what you want, eat it and leave. The al la cartes seemed to take to long to serve the food.

Beach-The beach was great with shade and no shade if you desired. They also have hammocks to lay in. Of course with any all inclusive you have to get out early to get a good spot otherwise the towel layers would already have claimed the good spots. The beach area could use some more bathrooms and maybe another towel pickup.
The Ocean in this area is a little rocky at some spots but I found an amazing open clear water area just left of the new turtle sanctuary they put up. Not sure if its this nice everyday as the water on some days was rougher. I ended up seeing two stingrays swimming around us on the last day we were there. Just remember to shuffle your feet while moving around in the water to scare them off.

Resort area-Its a big resort and Colonial/Kantenah share an area and White Sands and Riveria share another. They have carts that can shuttle you back and forth. Lots of trails to walk and plenty of wildlife to see. You will see Iguanas, coatis, and some other thing that looks like a big gerbil. On the last night we were there we seen a racoon walking on a trail. Dont be scared of the animals as they pretty much just get out of your way as you walk by them.

Rooms-We stayed in building 43 at Kantenah. Rooms were nice, it took a couple minutes to figure out how to run the water in the shower. The air and lights are run on a sensor so they will not be on when you are away. We had no trouble with being too hot in our room and we like it very cold. Mini bar was restocked everyday. If you leave a note of your preference of soda they may honor it. 4 beers daily in mini bar, if you want more you have to pay extra. Plug ins are not located by beds so it is hard to charge phones, pads if you like to use them while laying around. The free wi-fi worked in our room and is good for facebook and things like that, not sure about streaming movies. Wi-Fi worked in some places and was spotty in others such as the beach.

Kids-I would highly recommend this place if you are bringing kids 12 or under. They have a kids water area with waterslides and a dunk bucket and lots of kids entertainment.

Entertainment-We were kind of dissapointed in nightly shows they have to offer. The entertainers are fine its the choices of shows the put on. They seem repeative and just to many dancing shows. Give us some game shows that involve the guests.

My wife and I did one excursion through Cancun Adventures it was the snorkling tour for turtles in Akumal and trip to the Tulum ruins and lunch included. Snorkling was cool you get in at the beach with a lifejacket, fins, snorkel and mask. You swim out and find turtles and can see other things such as fish and stingrays. The Tulum ruins was cool to see but make sure you have water as it is quite a walk there and back.

2  Thank MNRinkRat
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Dear MNRinkRat,

First of all, we want to thank you for choosing us as you holiday provider. Thank you also for sharing your excellent experience at the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa.

We are delighted to know that we were able to exceed your expectations. We love to know you enjoyed our Spa, gastronimy and facilities.