My family and I spent a couple of weeks at the resort last summer.
We had no idea what to expect as this was our first visit. We always rent a car when in Cancun, and it took us about 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen to the resort. Our first impresion was very positive. Beautiful grounds and public areas. Check in was easy. We had two adjoining rooms on the second floor of one of the Kantenah units. Not too far from the beach and not too far from the Lobby area. The rooms did smell musty, but after turning on the AC it seemed to dissipate. The rooms were of a good size, and the bathrooms adequate. The TV was antiquated and broke down several times during our stay. The refrigerator was stocked daily with soft drinks and beer. The housekeeping staff was pleasant and competent. A safe was located in the closet.
We were there in August and it was HOT and HUMID. We like it that way. The resort is large! Walking a lot is unavoidable. There is transportation available from the lobbies, and regular stops along set routes. There is plenty to do. Numerous pools (large and small), a long and beautiful beach (most areas rocky - bring water shoes), a complete Spa, a sports area (not as nice nor as complete as it could be - my three boys were disapointed) and the kids' social/sports organizing staff were not exciting or motivating. There were lots of places to eat and drink.
This was a laid back vacation. No problems.
Food at the buffets was ok. Food at the a la cartes was fine. Sometimes you had to wait a bit. Entertainment in the evening was often crowded, but not bad. Wifi is available in the lobby areas, but is a bit spotty. We found most of the staff to be polite and helpful. The bartenders in some of the busier bars were not as attentive as could be desired.
We swam, snorkled, segwayed, danced, ate and ate more, drank and drank more, played soccer, minigolf, basketball,volleyball. We played cards, listened to live music, met friends and had a good time. Attitude is everything. No problems.
Sra Banesa Maria Burque we are coming back this August.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Maya Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort Spa
- g Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Mayan