This is our first time at this resort but in the past we have been many times to Barcelo Maya Colonial and Catolonya Royal Tulum, both resorts are within a short driving distance from the Grand Palladium.
We loved the beach, there is plenty of shade and space. The beach is totally swimmable, with no rocks. The beach was kept clean and well maintained.
Rooms: are very basic, bedding is very modest, pillows are hard as a rock. Barcelo Maya Colonial in comparison has an upgraded bedding, more pillows, bathrobes and slippers. We had a junior suite so it was good to have a reclinable sofa bed for one of our kids (barcelo maya resort does not offer a sofa bed, there is just a sofa)
the unit was clean and dry, we had a room on the third floor in the bld #49. Location of the bld was great, as it was a relatively short walk to the beach and to the restaurants/lobby.
You can rent a pillow of your choice for $3 per night, I thought it was rediculous as this resort rates itself >4 stars. I wish I had brought my own pillow.
Food: plenty to eat, good salad bar, many choices of sea food throught the week. Once they served a lobset stew. We had rabbit stew, duck, ceviche, quiale, etc. plenty of junk food too but we were able to find a lot of healthy options. Desert was so so, could have been better. They served desert from the eve before the next day at lunch and breakfast. The restaurant on the beach has a good ice cream bar.
Service: at the restaurants the service was very slow and inconsistent. We were there during the busiest time of the year so may be that is why it felt that way.
Coffee station is located too far at the beach restaurant.
Wildlife: all over, kids were very excited
Entertainment: great team, they had many things going on during the day at the pool area. It was centrally located and easily reachable.
Eve entertainement was ok too, I liked it better at Barcelo Maya. However, kids club and activities were much much better on this resort. Every night there is a show that requires kids participation, my kids looked forward to it almost every night.
There is a lot of walking involved but we got used to it in a day and liked it a lot.
I would recommend this resort and would go back, however it is not a 5 star hotel.
Spa/gym is located too far, you need to make a real affort to get there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Maya Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort Spa
- g Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Mayan