Hi my boyfriend and I went to the Gran Bahia Principe Akumal from the 3rd of september to the 10th of september. We had an amazing time there. I hope people take the time to read this review. It is a little lengthy but there is a lot to say about this resort because it is so big.
First all this resort is huge, a lot of walking. But it is the cleanest place ever!!
As you know that you have full advantage of the Coba, and Tulum resorts on this property. There is a tram that takes you around to the different resorts.
I will start with the negatives:
1. If you are a lover of the beach this resort is not for you, the beach is VERY rocky and really unswimmable. The beach was very dissapointing for me.
2. They dont have room cards they have room keys. With your room number stamp right on it. So if you lose your room key all someone has to do it look at it and read the room number and they can get into your room no problem.
3. You have to pay for you room safe. 4.75 us a day. I think that it should be free.
4. There is not one place in this resort that is air condtioned, I know what people think that you are away and you shouldnt want air condtioned. Besides your room that is the only place that has it. We went in september and let me tell you that the days are so hot and night time does not cool down. When you are sitting in the sun all day, most people have sun burns at night time your body does not have time to cool off. I found it really hot.
Tne food was great. There is something on the menu for everyone. We tried three ala carte restaurants, The mexican, the Arlequin and the Gran Turango. The food was good in all three.
The buffets have lots to choose from.
The drinks on this resort were the best that I have had in all the all inclusives I have been to. At the pool bars they have where you can poor your own beer, pina coladas, and mango and strawberry daquiris. At night time when you go to the buffets get a flaming coffee, they are so DELICIOUS.
This is the only resort that I know that they have champagne cart at the lobby every day and they serve you champagne and orange juice at breakfast time.
They have international liquor but you have to ask for it. IE, smirnoff vodka, bacardi rum, and absolute vodkas. They even have baileys and kalhua.
The service in this resort is excellent.
We were golden club members and I cant say that it is worth the extra money. We went during so slow seasons. The only perks that are worth it are the free internet. If you are not a golden club member you have to pay for it. We never got a bottle of tequilla in our room or a fruit plate. We never got one turn down service.'
When you are a golden club member you are in the villas closest to the beach, but it is deceiving because its not like you are in a villa thats right on the beach that you can use. You are just close to the water.
They have a shopping centre right on the property called the Hacienda. And it is not like the Dominican they dont hound you to go in there shop and you dont have to bargain with them, things are priced right.
There is an mexican fiesta at the hacienda on thursday night, it cost 16 dollars a person and they have mexican food and mexican games and a night show. I wouldnt say it was worth it but was a good time there. The only thing that I didnt like is that people who were eating at the oriental restaurant got to go free because they just hung around until the show started, YES you do get bracelets but they dont check everyone. They should close that restaurant for mexican fiesta.
All in ALL we had a good time, We would go back but beware it is a huge resort, From the main lobby to our villa it was a seven minute walk yes there is trains that can take you around but if you just missed one you could wait about 10-15 mins.
If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an no additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (no additional charge) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe