Las Villas Akumal(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$ 115
US$ 149
Camp Akumal(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$ 48
US$ 46
Akumal Natura Glamping(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$ 71
US$ 40
11,050 results
All reviewssnack bardolce vitainfinity poola la carte restaurantsfishdon pablofrutos del marakumal buffetother resortsbutler serviceakumal sectionmain lobbytulum ruinsshow tableadults only sectionactivities poolcancun airport
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

First time visiting Mexico and I would definitely return. When we first got to our hotel we was greeted in the lobby and check in with ease. The bell boys took our luggage and gave us a ride in the golf caddy to our room which was beautiful and reflected beautifully against the image I had in mind. It was clean, tidy and air conditioned which was great after the hour & a half bus journey from the airport. However, after unpacking our suitcases we realised the room was absolutely packed of mosquitos which we had to ring twice about and then we finally bought our own spray which seemed to settle them and only come away with 5 bites - surprisingly! The bathroom tap on the sink was a bit dodgy and the balcony door was extremely hard to lock. Everything else was great but the biggest problem was definitely the mozzies so do take creams/lotions/plug ins with you. The temperature was amazing - 28-30 degrees everyday with a nice breeze at night. There was a wide selection of food within the main buffet and staff were attentive and friendly. If you do have kids it’s an amazing place to go as the animation team were absolutely incredible! Arian (I think is how you spell it) & Pepe we’re faultless and put excellent effort into making people feel included and entertained!! The evening entertainment was also really good but on a couple of nights we didn’t attend due to it being packed jam full and was no free seats to watch the Michael Jackson tribute. However, we visited other shows including the dancing show and the singing in the other rooms which were tremendous. All in all it’s been a great stay here and would definitely go back and recommend, especially to families!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AlexUKStudent99
Management response:Responded 5 April 2018

Dear guest,

First of all thank you very much for staying in the Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Resort and taking the time to write your positive impressions. It is for guests like you that our resort remains one of the most appreciated hotels in the Riviera Maya.

It is great to know that you really had a good time with us. It is a real pleasure to read your kind words, and definitely we will pass your comments to the all staff of the hotel.

Once again and in the name of all Bahia Principe we thank a lot this feedback of your stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact us at our email address info.akumal@bahia-principe.com for any assistance.

Regards from The Mexican Caribbean!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Food amazing, staff still amazing but we are paying 2x more $ to stay in Akumal but they are allowing COBA AND TULUM GUESTS TO UTILIZE OUR SERVICES, BARS AND CHAIRS. THEY ARE NOT SENDING THEM AWAY LIKE THEY DID IN THE PAST.

We are here now and are return guests 22 times. Wont be back unless we see security controlling the other hotel guests from using our chairs and property. Kids playing and sitting in Sain Kaan beach (exlusive adults only) bars allowing Coba and Tulum guests to get our booze.

Sad because it used to be a perfect place.

MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO SEND SECURITY A FEW TIMES A DAY TO KICK OUT THE PEOPLE THAT DID NOT PAY TO STAY IN OUR RESORT

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JustinLH
Management response:Responded 5 April 2018

Dear repeat Guest,

We would like to express our gratitude for choosing our hotel once again for your vacations.

Accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you may be experiencing, I have reported this situation to the department in charge. A proper follow-up to your comments will be given right away.

Our philosophy is focused on our guests’ satisfaction and we are doing our best to change your perception.

Please, approach our public relations desk and contact one of our Guest services managers, they will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

It's not often that my family takes all-inclusive tropical vacations, but my brother, his wife, and my boyfriend and I decided to take a trip to get away, relax, and enjoy before life gets too hectic to do so. We stayed from March 24 - March 29 and enjoyed ourselves SO much. We were ready to get home, but SO sad to leave.

ROOMS: Our rooms were great. We stayed in the adults only section of the resort in the number 83 block of rooms (we stayed in 83205 and my brother and his wife stayed in 83136). Our room had a good view of the grounds and a good view of the ocean, while my brother's room had a view of the more forested area, but still beautiful. The rooms were kept clean each day that we requested and they even put a "Happy Birthday" banner on my door our last night as my birthday was on March 30 (per request of my boyfriend). They also put flowers on our bed that said "Happy Birthday" and left us champagne. The noise level was never too noisy. The only complaints I would have were that the drain the shower smelled a little off, but I am assuming that might just be the smell of the water there. (?) And the AC in the rooms was not working our last night that we stayed, but I am sure that they got someone out there to fix it after receiving complaints. We were not there to see if they had or not since we were leaving that day. Oh and the last thing is that we wished we would have gotten a room with a king bed. Instead we got a room with two full-size beds. It worked out fine, but a king bed would have been better. The beds were comfortable enough for me!

FOOD: The food was amazing. We mostly ate at the buffet in the main building each day, but did venture out to a few of the different a la carte options (which you DO need reservations for – so try to book those early, maybe even before you travel). We tried GOURMET ARLEQUIN RESTAURANT (“modernist gourmet cuisine”) our second night we were there. A little too modern for our tastes, but most of the food was still delicious, especially the soup and the desserts. The portions were small so we were still pretty hungry afterwards. The next day we tried RODIZIO RESTAURANT: LOS CORALES the second night (the “Brazilian grilled meat”) our third night and that BY FAR was our collective favorite. We tried so many different kinds of meats (the Brazilian and the flank steak were our favorite) and the best part was the grilled pineapple with ice cream for dessert. YUM. We liked that place so much that we made another reservation to enjoy the night before we left. On our fourth night we ate at DOLCE VITA RESTAURANT (“traditional Italian cuisine”). I thought it was excellent. Great food and great dessert. It might have actually been my favorite, though the rest of my group enjoyed Los Corales the most. Another favorite of ours was the coconut ice cream at the main buffet. SO GOOD.

DRINKS: All of the drinks were great as well. We did wish that they would have had more of a list of drinks to choose from. They had a list at the hotel bar, but it would have been nice to have one outside. They had a couple of boards outside that had a couple of drinks listed, but the bartenders are so well versed and can make you anything you wished that it would have been nice to have something to look at to try new things. My favorite drink was the “Mango Tango.”

POOL: The pools were perfect. There are three different areas to swim: one pool that sort of winds around the main outdoor area outside of the lobby and has a swim-up bar, one pool in the middle of the grounds nearby the snack buffet, and one infinity pool by the adults only section. We liked the main pool the most because it had the most activity and the swim-up bar, without being too busy. It was kind of fun to watch the kids play. The pools were never too busy and even though people tended to save their spots early in the morning with towels, there were always chairs available and they were light enough to really move them wherever you wanted to, which was what we did. We enjoyed the little ledges along the pool side that allowed you to put your chairs in the water (about 1 foot deep). The majority of the pools were warm and clean and beautifully maintained. You could really tell that the staff cared about cleanliness. The infinity pool was a bit more on the cool side, but it wasn’t too bad. Even though the weather is so warm in Mexico, we did wish that there was a hot-tub or two to enjoy in the early morning. My only complaint about the pool was that I wish there was balls for basketball / volleyball to play with. Instead, we had to buy something from the gift shop. It would have also been nice if there were tubes available to use, but they did only cost $8 from the gift shop, so it wasn’t too much of an issue to me. Cleanliness wise, I probably would have rather used my own anyways.

OCEAN: The ocean was beautiful. The staff really worked hard to maintain the cleanliness of the beach. It was so windy the entire time that we were there that the waves brought in heaps and heaps of seaweed each day, BUT the staff cleaned the seaweed from most of the swim-able areas each and every morning. It was incredible. I was a little disappointed that it was a “red flag” each day because we would have really enjoyed using some of the snorkeling gear, but obviously there was nothing anyone could have done about that. There swimming areas were blocked off by barricades so that the waters were a bit more calm, which was nice, but I also would have loved to swim in some waves; although, like I said, it was too wavy to do that anyways. It was really crazy how much better maintained the “Luxury – Akumal” section, where we stayed, was compared to the adjacent “Grand – Tulum” section. They really did such a great job to keep the grounds beautiful. The sunrises right over the ocean, so make sure to enjoy a nice sunrise!

SPA: My boyfriend and I got a couples massage while we were there. We each wanted different massages (myself, the Mayan massage, and he wanted the Athletic massage). Mine was 60 minutes while his was 50 minutes, but they gave us the extra 10 minutes for free. I really loved the massage. She did such a good job and it was probably one of the best massages I have had yet. I was a little worried about it because I was pretty sunburned, but the oil she used felt great and it didn’t hurt at all. Highly recommend doing something at the spa!

ACTIVITIES: We didn’t participate in much of the activities, but they really had a TON going on during the day: water aerobics, dancing, yoga, games, etc. etc. Much for the activity lovers of all ages to enjoy.

GROUNDS: The grounds are just beautiful! The plants and grass, and everything are so fantastically maintained. Everything always looked so well-groomed and clean. Even the ashtrays around the complex were clean and cleanly stamped with the Bahia Principe logo at all times. Amazing. They also had golf carts to transport you around the grounds wherever you wanted to go. I swear, they were always waiting outside at your beck and call to take you to wherever you needed to be.

STAFF: The staff was great. Though there was quite the language barrier, you could tell the staff really wanted to help you and really wanted you to be happy. I was really impressed with the staff that manned our help-desk in our building and the especially friendly staff at all the restaurants. No one ever seemed annoyed and they really all deserve a round of applause. There were so many great people who seemed to be so passionate about their job. I couldn’t believe how hard the staff worked to keep everything so pristine! They power-washed chairs at night, cleaned up seaweed in the morning, changed linens at the tables at the drop of a hat, etc.

I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone traveling to Mexico. The only other all-inclusive resort that I have been to is the Excellence in Punta Cana (which we loved as well), but we really enjoyed our time at this resort even more. It was just beautiful. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Molly C
Management response:Responded 4 April 2018

Dear guest,

It was a great honor to welcome you in our little paradise, we are so happy to know you lived the Luxury experience in our resort!

We are so proud receive your recognition for the services you enjoyed and the great attention you had in our hotel, colleagues like you make our hotel the most popular in the region, I would like to thank you for your beautiful lines about the services received by our staff, we are thrilled to read you loved our entire facilities and makes us proud to prove you felt the excellent atmosphere we have created for our guests.

It has been a pleasure to be at your service and we hope to welcome you back in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us at our email address info.akumal@bahia-principe.com for any assistance prior to your arrival.

Our best regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This was our first time staying at this hotel, but we have been to Mexico many times before this stay. We were very pleased with everything this resort had to offer. We stayed in the Adults Only section of the resort, which was very nice. When we arrived at our room our door was decorated with balloons and streamers for our anniversary. Our travel advisor told the resort this before we arrived! What a nice surprise!!
It is nice to have access to the other three resorts because of staying at Akumal. We were able to have dinners at the other resorts, and they were all spectacular, except for the Tequila restaurant at Tulum. Being a Mexican restaurant you would think there would be more Mexican dishes offered, but there was only fajitas that weren't very well flavored. (Very minor disappointment that were able to look past). We loved the Hibachi restaurant at Coba! Those guys really worked hard that night for us!!!
The ocean waters were very rough due to high winds the entire time were were there, but there are little areas for swimming in the ocean barricaded by rock walls.
The trams that take you all over the resort are nice, but everything is in walking distance if you like to get some extra steps in during the day!!
We would highly recommend this resort/complex to anyone deciding to travel to the Riviera Maya area.

Room Tip: Adults only section offers very quiet rooms, and the infinity pool and buffet are very nice as well!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank smiley21_13
Management response:Responded 4 April 2018

Dear Guest:

Allow us to thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and choosing our hotel to spend your holiday!

We are thrilled to read this wonderful and detailed review, we feel proud to read that you had a great time with us due to the great attention of our staff , in the other hand we thank you for the observations about the food quality that will be forwarded to our chef.

Regards from sunny Mexico,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Very enjoyable stay here. The staff are all very helpful and happy. Nothing is too much trouble. Tequila is free flowing from lunch time on. It is very clean, any issues that are brought to the managements attention are dealt with promptly and they check back with you to make sure you are happy with the resolve.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Victoria J
Management response:Responded 3 April 2018

Dear Victoria,

First of all thank you very much for staying in the Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal and taking the time to write your positive impressions.

We have already sent your nice words and thanks to the departments involved and in the name of the whole Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya resort, we want to thank you again for your valuable comments and for convincing other future travelers to visit our resort.

To provide a better experience, do not hesitate to contact us at info.akumal@bahia-principe.com, to provide the best service possible for your future stay.

We wish you all the best,
Lucero Alvarado