“What a place!”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 75.71*
and up
Viator Exclusive: Coba Ruins Early Access Tour with an Archaeologist and Cenote...
More Info
US$ 107.10*
and up
Tulum with Underground Cenote and Caves from Cancun
Ranked #3 of 28 things to do in Akumal
More attraction details
Owner description: An underground cave with spectacular rock formations.
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My favourite trip. The "cenote" is beautiful, something out of this world.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

We have been to the area many times, but had never done a "zip line" excursion. We are not fans of the big "Disney" type parks like Xel-Ha or Xcaret so we were interested in something a little more "natural", low key and less commecialized. Aktun Chen had been recommended to us by several locals, and it was exactly what we wanted. The staff were very friendly, professional, efficient, and funny! I felt totally safe the entire time. The zip lines were super fun, and the staff were great at teaching us "tricks" like going upside town, or spining in circles. Tons of fun for our family. Would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good adventure.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

My husband and I did the Indiana Joe's excursion while on our honeymoon in ealry June 2012. The ziplining was 10 lines and 2 wooded bridges. This portion was very very fun. The guides were fun and encourages you to 'zip' upsidedown and together and other fun tricks. They dont let you use bring your camera probably for safety reasons but they do offer pics and videos for purchase at the end. I think $50 for all pics and videos per couple. After the ziplining we went on a walking dry cave tour. Then part was just okay for me. I've been to caves here in the US and they just dont interest me too much and thought this part was a little long. I would rather have zip lined again :) Then we took a break for lunch, they offer two options and the one we had was great. Tons of deer and other wildlife freely roaming. Saw some birds (parrots and tucans) by the lunch spot. Then we snorkeled in the Cenote. It was very cold but pretty neat. There's not much to look at besides the bottom but there was one area where some fish (i think catfish) were at and they fed them for us to watch. It was my first time snorkeling in a cenote so I dont know how to compare it but it was neat to do once. I would say this was good. I heard Jungle Maya was good too. I would have rather done a zipline excursion that didnt' have the dry cave just because that doesn't interest me as much but it was a great excursion and safe and the guides were knowledgeable and friendly.

1  Thank beth w
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The above-ground portion of Aktun has a zoo area with spider monkeys (which were awesome), wild deer, wild pigs, and some birds such as parrots and toucans. For me, the real attraction is the cave. Amazing views and an underground lake with bats flapping around. We got there from Akumal on Jungle Jim's ATV tour.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

We visited Aktun Chen on the Indiana Joe's tour, and did the Cenote snorkeling, cave tour, and the ziplining. All three were fabulous.
We've done ziplining before, but this was far above average. The guides were extremely safety conscious, but also made sure we had a blast. They taught us how to do front flips, spins, and upside-down zips. Exhilarating! Everything was beautiful and transportation and lunch were both great.