All reviews spice market jungle room ceviche w insider living room bar wet deck jose manuel wow suite haven suite modern design trendy vibe live dj spectacular room ocean view fire pit pool food veuve clicquot
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located in a peaceful part of Mexico. If relaxation is what you want then you’ve come to the right place. Unfortunately we shared a room and it was my turn to sleep in the bunk bed. For the project be that they charged the hotel should also check the condition of their bunk bed. After four nights in it, I could feel the spring poking my ribs which at the end of the day spoilt my stay there.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
bsegrave, Gerente at W Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hello LiniHarun29

Thank you for your valuable feedback, it is disappointing to know you did not enjoy your experience with us because of the roll-away bed. I have let our Housekeeping talent know about this so that this does not happen again in the future. We really hope to see you again in the future so that you can enjoy a completely refueling experience at W Punta de Mita.

Have a great week.

Brian Segrave - GM
W Punta de Mita

Reviewed 8 April 2018

5 of us spent 4 nights here. Range of ages from 19 to 57 and we all found our niche.

From first sight to every sunset on the beach we had a fantastic time. Loved the rooms and the service. We pulled up in a beach front cabana and couple of lounges every day. Nice touch of 5 cocktails, complimentary, with each cabana.

Stayed for dinner every night. Fantastic seafood at Chevicheria! The Red Snapper was fantastic, service was even better.

Used a car and driver for a 4 hour day trip into Sayulita. Great device and advice from the driver. Enjoyed a friendly conversation during the drive.

We could not have had a better time. I will definitely return for a few days of spoiling and unwinding.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Anton V
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Overall a fantastic resort. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Beautiful grounds. Great rooms. Plenty of poolside and/or beach chairs. The food was excellent at Spice Market and the morning breakfast buffet was great and different every day. Pool food was above average. Poolside service was excellent (A special shout out to our personal waiter Hector!) The hotel was at capacity yet did not feel crowded. The gym was adequate ( I hate Life Fitness equipment...boo hoo for me). My wife and daughter loved the spa.

There was only one big negative. There is no general store or even gift shop that sells drinks and snacks. It would have been nice to grab a bag of chips or other snacks or a couple of beers without having to call room service. Next time I will have my car driver stop at a market on the way to the resort from the airport. Problem solved.

Thank you W Punta de Mito for a great family vacation.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank wazoocat
Reviewed 26 March 2018

The drive in to the W is much like entering Jurassic Park. It's dramatic and suspenseful. Once you reach the first security checkpoint, you feel like you are entering a fortress protected to only the most exclusive. And then there is a 2nd checkpoint just to help you feel even more secure!

The front desk area for check in is also dramatic and offers a beautiful view of the property and all of the fine artistic details.

As an SPG Platinum, we were upgraded to a ocean front suite with our own patio and private infinity pool. It was beautiful!!

The bath tub in the room was incredible, however didn't really have hot enough water. The window overlooking the ocean from the bathtub made up for the "not so hot" water temperature. The larger sized bliss shampoo, conditioner, and other bath products were much appreciated as we were there for 6 nights.

The bed is phenomenal. Super comfy and amazing in size for two people to spread out and lounge. The electronic control center panel next to the bed allows you to control room temperature, curtains and blinds, lighting, and fans. You didn't need to ever get up from the bed.

The complimentary supply of bottled water was fantastic as we wanted to stay hydrated and did not want to spend a fortune on water or carry it in from buying outside the property.

The W Store had everything we needed from cigarettes, funky designed t-shirt, sunscreen (there's sunscreen at the pool as well), and benedryl if you get bit by bugs or somehow get itchy. Also - the swim suits and coverups in the W Store are very fashionable! Great designers!!

Ok - so the main pool! Where to begin? It's like a night club with DJs most days and most days it isn't too crowded. The drinks are much cheaper than I thought they would be. The Piwiwi is a refreshing signature cocktail with grapefruit and spice.

Room Service is quick and the best food I've had at a W property. Get the burger - It's hands down the best burger I've had outside the US and possibly in the top 5 I've ever had! Also - try the carrot cake. It's served in a mason jar and is perfect to share.

Spice Market is tasty. Many say it is overpriced but I found it to be worth the price. The design in the Spice Market restaurant is pleasing to the eye and the lighting makes you feel like you are in a movie. Breakfast every morning is excellent... If you are SPG, don't get the points. Get the breakfast for 2 for your welcome amenity.

The beach is lovely to walk along and stretches for a long distance if you like long walks on the beach. It never got very crowded and often times we were out there by ourselves.

Yoga every morning is nice. However, the location it was held in had too many mosquitoes and I got bit. That was next to the spa under a beautiful tree. The yoga was fantastic, just wear bug spray :-)

This is a perfect place for a wedding or engagement. However, when there is a wedding, they party all night and it does get loud so ask for ear plugs if you are a sensitive sleeper.

The service was top notch and we can not wait to go back!

Room tip: Sign up for SPG! You may just get an upgrade and you should def earn points!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mayrose W
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Very modern, a nice change to all that spanish colonial look. We stayed 4 nights in a spectular ocean view room. Excellent staff was extremely helpful, namely Jazmin from
the reception team. Our advice: book one of the rooms with a patio as you will also want some shade. Would always go back.

Date of stay: February 2018