All reviews spice market jungle room ceviche bar w insider living room bar wet deck jose manuel wow suite haven suite modern design trendy vibe lifetime platinum long dresses airport return nearby properties perfect stretch of beach frida kahlo
Reviewed 19 January 2017

I stayed at this resort when it opened in August then my partner surprised me with a trip back now that i am Platinum Lifetime.
I love the staff here especially the pool staff Juan Flores and Cesar Meza are top notch.
Alex runs a great crew!!!
I love drinking Veuve by the pool here and have met some great people here because theres a POSITIVE VIBE at this property!!!
I did have to call them out as it was my first stay as Platinum Lifetime and it didn't feel any special but they quickly made good on it .
I cannot wait to get back here !!!
I also thought it was great that Samantha came by and made her welcome to us which was special and showed us a wow suite ..thats my next goal to stay in one of those!!!!
Samantha even did her homework and knew about our little boy dog Munich..well done
See y'all soon!!!

Room Tip: jungle rooms are nice
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Darryl M
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

We all had an amazing time at W Punta Mita. The beach is wonderful, the hotel is super nice and cozy, our bedrooms very nice (with a spectacular ocean view) and connected by the most charming private varanda !!
We were already finding the hotel wonderful and the staff "muy amable" when our 11 year old son had a serious accident riding a bike. We were very much impressed how the hotel staff was prepared to deal with this kind of incident - in 15' a doctor was in our room and an ambulance ready to take our boy to the hospital.
But what happened next that was really impressive. The staff, very professional and kind until then, turned into our "Mexican" family. The concierge Paulina stayed with us the hole time we were in the hospital, and Jazmin of reception took care of our other 2 children who stayed in the hotel. We cried together and celebrated together every single good news from the doctors.
Next day the Concierge took care of medical appointments, exams, transportation, everything. Fernando (from "Seguridad"), who was the first one to rescue our son, went to visit us to make sure our boy was feeling better. The rest of the staff could not be more kind in providing special food, drinks and all the special care our boy needed.
Vacation never to be forgotten! We are coming back, that's for sure !

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank drinogueira74
Reviewed 13 January 2017

We just returned from a Family trip at the W!!! ..it was a new hotel that we never heard of so we were very anxious to see it! Grounds are beautiful, Beach is one of the best beaches in all of Punta Mita and the ambience was awesome!!!! ...but I must say, the Staff made the stay and was simply AMAZING!!!!

Only one recommendation I would say is they have a beautiful lake area that some of the rooms set on - it's all water but river water! If they made this into a pool, even if only knee deep, it would have 10 times to the Resort!!! The resort is small and quaint...but perfect for simplicity, intimateness that so many of us want to unwind in when we are in Mexico :-)!!!

We do have to give some amazing shouts out to some very special people who deserve to be recognized :-)!!! These people do anything and everything to make your stay perfection and I wish I could mention all of them and hope everyone has a chance to meet them as they will make your stay even more amazing :-)!!!

Ivan in Food and Beverage goes above and beyond...and with kids, my goodness, set-up smores for them, would find popsicles when they needed one...the kindest things a manager has ever done...over and beyond - he makes your children feel like they are one in a million! He is a true Asset to the W Hotel.

Rueben...who is on-site for everything - well, our son go bit by a little bumble bee and within minutes he was there with a First Aide kit. He would check on us often and everyone for that matter, follow up after our beach walks when we left shoes there and more...they just look after you every second :-)!!!

Kristina was an amazing waitress who when the pool closed at 6:30 or so...she would STILL walk all the way from the lobby bar and check on us all :-)!!! Drinks after Drinks after drinks with nothing ever being an inconvenience!!!! Their hearts were so kind...she even gave us some of the most special gifts upon our departure for a holiday they celebrate in Mexico with the 3 Kings!!!

Paulina at the front desk had chocolate upon our arrival for the kids...she was simply awesome! I say all this as every single one of the staff think of things before you even do to make your stay exceptional!

Ali and Gustavo...the bellmen...well, they are Superman :-)!!!

...they even have a kids club from 9-5 each day for 3 and Up within incredible people...perfect to let them go play while you relax!!! I never thought the W was a kids friendly hotel but with the staff...they made it perfection :-)!!!

All in All, everything was amazing but the Staff truly makes this place even more incredible!!!

We will be back!!! <3

Room Tip: Lake View or Oceanview
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Brian S, General Manager at W Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2017

Dear Pam_mc

Thank you for such kind and detailed review, we are really glad to know that you and your family had a great experience at W Punta de Mita

I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed the beach and the property, I will certainly make sure to share your nice words with Ivan, Ruben, Kristina, Paulina, Ali, Gustavo and the rest of our team; as you say, definitely they are true assets for W Punta de Mita. We strive to make our guests feel like they are at home .

I look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon

Cheers from W Punta de Mita,

Brian Segrave
W Punta de Mita

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had the most wonderful time at The W Punta de Mita. The service was impeccable from start to finish at the front desk, the pool, the restaurants, the housekeeping, etc. We only ventured away from the property once to visit Sayulita. We loved Spice Market Restaurant so much that we had dinner there 3x. Our first evening at the resort, we grabbed a drink at the Living Room bar and the manager gave us a mini lesson in mezcal varieties and had us sample them! Our room was clean and had a nice view of the resort and lots of greenery. The beach is beautiful- white sand and a beautiful way to start the day with a long walk. If you are looking for an escape that's a bit secluded and a beautiful resort, go here.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 11 January 2017

First of all who ever designed the gorgeous hotel did an amazing job. The glass, mosaics, pool and restaurants are an architectural delight. We just returned from a week vacationing with our adult children, celebrating my husbands birthday. The staff is truly the star of the hotel, Eduardo at the beach catered to every whim (thank you for the great birthday celebration by the pool) and Jose was our always present and friendly concierge.and the Ceviche!!! amazing! and that beach....just a few notes for future travelers- our original Jungle room(we were moved after 2 days) had a see through bathroom wall that afforded people walking on the path to the beach a startling view-so check your room before you unpack and make sure to bring small us bills for tipping (you will want to reward such great service) or change money to pesos at the airport. Also don't be afraid to try some of the great restaurants off ground- Rosa Mexicano and Margaritas-the hotel arranges a car to go and wait for you. The watersport desk was a little lacking but we found a great surf school in Punta Mita (SurfMex) and had two really great days of surfing. Can't wait to return next year!! Viva Mexico!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Brian S, General Manager at W Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

Dear Sascha,

I´m pleased to read you liked the design of W Punta de Mita, one of my fabourite things about the hotel is how we really incorporated the context of the Huichol culture of Riviera Nayarit and the local bohemian surf culture

Thank you for choosing W Punta de Mita for this special ocassion, I will be glad to share your kind comments with Eduardo and our W Insider Jose. I feel happy to know that you liked the ceviche and the beach, our Chevycheria is a must in W Punta de Mita

It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in a very near future.

Cheers from W Punta de Mita