See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

I stayed for just 1 night, the hotel is modern, clean with friendly & helpful reception staff. WiFi works well. The breakfast is more extensive than the usual NA offerings. There is an excellent Charcoal Grill steak house across the road.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Ana V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Piedras Negras, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Turbodunc
Thank you so much for your visit to our hotel. We always strive to put guests first and provide a warm and engaging service to all our guests.
Once again, thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Piedras Negras.
Sincerely
Holiday Inn Express Piedras Negras

Reviewed 5 January 2016

The hotel was easy to find and the receptionist was very friendly and welcoming. The outside is under remodel which did not bother us a whole lot. We decided to stay here because the hotel parking lot was very well lit and we were told there was someone making rounds all night. The first room we were showed was clean but did have a funny smell so we requested a second room. The room was pretty clean the beds where comfortable and clean however I was not very impressed with the bathroom there was mold on the tile, a few hairs here and there, and the shower did not drain well. The breakfast was very good and tasty it had a good selection of items to choose from. Overall I would recommend this hotel due to good service, nice price and clean beds.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
ElsaAcosta, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Piedras Negras, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Veronica B

Holiday Inn Express Piedras Negras

Reviewed 8 September 2015

There was one major issue but I will start with the good. The breakfast was actually pretty good. A good size selection on things to eat and I was actually suprised that the majority of the food was Mexican. The times for check in and check out were very ideal for us. Check in at 2 and check out at 1. The rooms we stayed at were nice. A good size and with all the amenities that one would expect from a Holiday Inn. The beds were very comfortable. This is a Holiday Inn Express and what became very obvious was the express way this hotel was constructed. This isn't a major gripe but it was pretty obvious that there were corners cut or just bad construction. Both the lock and the hinges on our door looked like they would easily come off. The tile in the bathroom was also uneven. Of course to me this is mainly a presentation blemish more than anything else. I care more about things like; a/c, cold/hot water, etc. The main issue was the price of the stay. We inquired about our stay a full two weeks prior to our stay. I ended up calling their 1-800 number cause I couldn't figure out their rates. In retrospect that should have been the first red flag. I was told on the phone that the stay for two double rooms would be $178 per night. You can have up to 4 adults per room but the regular rate for the room is considering only 2 per room. There is a extra charge for another adult in the room (I was told on the phone that would be a additional $15 but in person it was $17). That is very confusing considering they advertise the double occupancy room for 4 adults! Lastly I asked the agent if there were any additional charges I might expect on my check out. Like taxes. She said that they were already included. That the only thing that might change a little is the currency exchange. Once we arrived we were helped by the receptionist Ernesto. He informed us the stay would cost us $285! We asked why the change in price? He stated that the room rate was $110 per room. And a additional 16% tax and 3% hospitality rate. I'm not sure how they do math at this hotel. Even at a 20% tax and hospitality rate. At $220 rate for both rooms I still don't came out with $285. Not to mention the exchange at the hotel was 14 pesos for the dollar. When everywhere else it was at least 16. Considering how exchange houses were averaging 16.5 pesos to the dollar at that day. We were about to cancel our reservation when Ernesto suggested that he can come up with a better rate if we just book the rooms as if we just showed up. Which makes absolutely no sense. But by then we just needed the rooms. We paid $210 for the rooms. The main reason for such a low rating has to be the suspicious at best type of business they conduct at this Holiday Inn. Not to mention Ernesto all of a sudden growing some sort of Argentine accent during our conversation. Sorry for the long review,,,,but hopefully others will be informed.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
ElsaAcosta, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Piedras Negras, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

We verify what happened about the cost of the room , the reserve rate they had
5 guests per room that made the cost of the rate will rise and
confirming information arrival rate was very surprising, to
remedy that detail the receptionist offered an appropriate option giving
them the day rate was lower and without charging extra adults , we hope
that this plea does not prevent stay with us appreciate your comments
also because they are of great value to improve and give good service

Reviewed 15 September 2014

I arrived at this hotel after an exhausting six hour bus ride, and frankly was very surprised to learn that a room would cost me $93.00. I should have followed my first instinct which had been to cross the border that evening but I was just too tired.to deal with that. My room had two queen beds and both mattresses were covered by a plastic liner. Are the usual patrons of this hotel into kinky watersports? I know I'm not, and I can think of no other reason for this. The damn bed crackled every time I rolled over.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeffrey G
ElsaAcosta, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Piedras Negras, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Dear Jeffrey G

We appreciate you taking the time to write your comments about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Piedras Negras.

We are very sorry for not having accomplished our goal is your satisfaction.
Regarding the rate you pay will comment that it is much easier to find early booking discounts as our regular weekday high occupancy rate increase causes.
With pleasure we will follow up the comment of your bed mattress was not to his liking.
Beforehand we offer a sincere apology, hope soon.

General Management

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel and I liked it because it had an excellent location, first of all. It's clean, I love the indoor pool, the gym is awesome, and I'm definitely returning to this hotel. It has friendly people. Excellent, healthy breakfast, and I loved the stay in this hotel. Thank you very much!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank kari1075
ElsaAcosta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Piedras Negras, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments , we are glad that you enjoyed your stay at this hotel.
My Best Regards