“It was a very relaxing experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Santuario Hotel And Spa

El Santuario Hotel And Spa
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Valle de Bravo
Merida
“It was a very relaxing experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

This hotel is a spa the best thing about it is it's spa all people go for it and its definitely worth it, we stayed there for two nigths you have your own pool at you room and the bathroom is carved in the mountain, it's a hotel for couples do not go alone

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank gferraez
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

I stayed at this resort for a day in September while visiting Valle De Bravo with my colleagues. I simply loved the resort and all the facilities it had to offer. I fell in love with this hotel at the gate itself. The hotel is very beautiful, and an amazing view of the Valle de Bravo lake.

I found the rooms to be spacious and comfortable. Rooms were clean and bed was comfortable. The view from the room was lovely. We spent most of our time by the pool side, which in my opinion, is the best part of the hotel. We sat by the pool side for hours and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

The service is good, though a bit slow, but overall we did not have any problems.

I did feel that the hotel rate is little premium priced, which becomes a consideration when one is paying out of his / her own pocket.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gagan A
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

The room was incredible! Clean, spacious, great view! I went there with my family for a spiritual retreat and enjoyed the positive energy and the culture surrounding the place. The food was fantastic each day and I felt absolutely pampered. I got a treatment at the SPA and also participated in a Temazcal which was the best experience in my life with Kuahutli. Will so come back!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Adriana027
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

The place is excellent. When we arrive at the hotel we ask for a pair of sun beds, and they took them to our suite. That shows that they are satisfying all of their guest. It´s the second time I visit this lovely place and I recommended.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank thaylivela
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

When you see the photos of this hotel and you arrive you will see the surrounding area, its absolutely beautiful. However, the Service was terrible especially in the restaurant. When we arrived in the room it was dirty. The key would not fit in the door, so it took us about 15 minutes to try and get in. The sauna inside the room was full of green water with oil floating on the top. Mosquitos were swimming on the top of the Sauna trying to get out. None of the windows would close properly and so the Mosquitos visited us. When they came in to light the fire they used Gasoline or Diesel to get the firewood started, which the smell lingered in the room for hours afterwards. Anyway dont waste your money,,,,,We complained in the morning to the staff and the manager was too busy to see us. Dont waste your time, read the rest of these reports. They are all true.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Summertony
Santuario2, General Manager at El Santuario Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2011
Dear Sir,
I am very sorry to read about your unfortunate stay at our hotel. I had some research done of your stay and I want to inform you that a couple of days prioror to your arrival we had a malfunction of filtersystem of the private swimmingpool sistem in these rooms.This is not an excuse scince the pool had to perfectly kleen by your arrival. In regards of the service at the restaurant, we are implementing a very strict training program for all our staff, so they can exceed all our service standarts we placed as a policy. We are investing in the order of millions for us to keep our facilities in the best shape for all our guests to enjoy a real relaxing experience.
I can ashure you that I wasn´t informed of your need to talk to me, since my guests are the most important persons for me; and I certainly would have had the pleasure to attend you in person.
I kindly ask you to contact me in order to offer you the possibility to stay with us again and give us the opportunity to serve you as you deserve.
My most kind regards,