All reviews french bakery bedroom villa brew house lots of character beautiful grounds private patio pilot plugs dryer
Reviewed 3 November 2017

The room definitely needed a thorough cleaning. There was rarely hot water in the shower. The stove wouldn't light. Our door had a lock but no bolt so we had to slide a knife in the slot to secure the door. The freezer wouldn't freeze ice cream but the refrigerator froze all the fruit we bought in the markets. One day a man unlocked our door and came in. When my son asked 'can I help you?' he left. This was alarming!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hoteles Real C, Revenue Manager at Hotel Danza Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

We are very sorry for the experience you had at our hotel. Thank you for your opinion and let us hope for the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We just returned from our 1 week stay at the Danza Del Sol. This hotel had so much to offer, and at a very reasonable price. The setting and views were stunning. The suite was very spacious, clean and had so much character. The staff was wonderful and very responsive... everything from allowing us to leave our lugguge before and after check in, allowing us to check in slightly early, making sure everything was running, the house keeping, and when our hot water heater pilot went out they immediately came to fix it. I felt very welcome and safe. The location was also perfect... the hotel restaurant closed a bit early at 3:00, but within a 5 minute walk are excellent restaurant choices, a brew house, market and even a french bakery. It's also about a 15-20 minute scenic walk to the square in Ajijic. There are some cats on the property that you may hear in the night, but Ajijic is alive with animals in general, from dogs to cats to roasters. It's part of the culture so just go with it or bring ear plugs. Personally, we slept very well... especially with our room's screened doors that allowed fresh air to blow in throughout the night! We will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah L
Hoteles Real C, Revenue Manager at Hotel Danza Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thanks for your opinion and yours recommendations. You will be welcome again in this your hose.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two night and we really enjoyed it. The breakfast buffet was amazing. The rooms are very spacious. I'm not sure what kind of room we had but it had 1 double room bed with a full bathroom and also 1 king room with its own bathroom as well. Kitchen and living room also. I liked to decor of the whole place. Floors were dirty/dusty but what can you expect. It would be nearly impossible to not have dusty floors in the area where it is located. I just wore my flip flops while in the room. Another thing is the cockroaches. I saw quite a few in the room. It was yucky, but again it's things that you know you can't avoid in these locations. I just made sure to close my luggage at night and before coming home dust out my luggage outside. Would not like to bring home any uninvited guests. I have mixed feelings about Danza del Sol. I really liked it and we enjoyed our stay but there are certain inconveniances that you have to deal with.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank adriana p

Thanks for your opinion and yours recommendations. We will pay attention and you will be welcome again in this your hose.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

This is our 2nd time here. We love this quiet, secluded place. It is a huge, sprawling compound with beautiful grounds, pool and very large suites. The breakfast is included and is very nice. The staff are very nice and helpful in all ways. We were here with another couple for a working retreat. It was the perfect place for us. We highly recommend it.

Date of stay: May 2017
Hoteles Real C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Danza Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Thanks for your comments, are really apreciated.

We are so happy to see you soon.

Best regards

Hoteles Real

Reviewed 17 April 2017

A very nice hotel within walking distance of everything. The guest suites are huge! All the staff were wonderful. I wanted to visit a colonial town and Ajijic was perfect. There are many expats living there so there are restaurants of every variety along with authentic little cafes that capture the local flavor. Everyone at the Danza Del Sol was helpful and friendly.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for your comments, are really apreciated.

We are so happy for you return soon.

Best regards