All reviewscontinental breakfastlake chapala societythe ownerfiltered waterdirectly across the streetperfect locationwalking distanceupstairs roomcharming towngreat place to staychurch bellsrooftop patiospent daysat hometown squaremattjesus
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Hotel Casa Blanca is a small (approx. 10 rooms) hotel. It is in a great location - 2 blocks from the plaza and 2 blocks from the lake. You step off the street into your own little oasis. Staff is friendly and always available. Good continental breakfast. We were in Ajijic the week of the yearly festival. Each day we were awakened by fireworks at 6:00 am and they lasted until after mid-night. But, on the other hand there were parades and music and vendors serving delicious authentic Mexican food on he plaza every night.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phillip R
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I stayed in the Hotel Casa Blanca for two weeks this October. I spent time in a downstairs room as well as an upstairs room. Both were very clean. The staff is top notch. Every request was well understood and handled immediately, with the greatest if attitudes. I was able to walk or take a cab everywhere I needed to go. I highly recommend this hotel! Definitely check out Cocinart for lunch/dinner just a block and a half down the street.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Terry E
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I find the Casa Blanca top be a really cool place to stay. The location is very central and within walking distance to everything. I have stayed here a total of 4 times over a period two years and have found the hotel to be consistent in cleanliness and serve.. The staff is very helpful and patient and I love the relaxed laid back ambiance.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank stevenmR4086BO
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Everything about this hotel is wonderful. Rooms are comfortable with free wifi and tv with Mexican and English stations. Plenty of filtered water replaced whenever necessary. Free continental breakfast was plentiful and often held us till dinner. But the best part of this hotel is the management - Jesus, Naomi and Matt (the owner). They went way out of their way to be helpful - getting us a terrific guide at much less money than the local travel agency; finding salads for us at night and bringing them to the hotel; locating a place for us to rent this winter and getting car service to pick us up and drop us off in Guadalajara. I've never been anywhere else where the service was quite like this. I recommend this property 100%

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank nllnyc
Reviewed 28 August 2017

First let me say that the staff members at Hotel Casa Blanca are truly wonderful people. If we needed anything they were right there for us. I felt well cared for by everyone. The light breakfast was a good way to begin the day. We were walking distance from just about everything. Bring good walking shoes!
The location is perfect.
We stayed a week for vacation and to check out the area. The hotel is directly across the street from the Lake Chapala Society, which is really convenient for anyone considering retirement as an expat.
I recommend The Casa Blanca for it's charm, fabulous staff, and location.

Stayed: August 2017