“AN ELEGANT LITTLE SURPRISE ...”
Review of El Jardin de Ninette - MOVED

El Jardin de Ninette
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 19
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2015

... Tucked inside the Casa de Sol B + B, its new-ish location.
Tastes and feels French. Intimate setting, service is attentive and very unobtrusive. An original concept of a half size portion of a lovely meal is just right for lunch. My steak was tender, flavourful and cooked to perfection. I look forward to returning on a Saturday evening to enjoy a musical accompaniment to a wonderful meal.

2  Thank Barbara H

Reviewed 16 April 2015

I am a New Yorker and was very impressed by the quality of the the food, the presentation of the food, and of course the delicious taste the service.
A place I look forward to returning when when I come next February

1  Thank starrtreks
Reviewed 4 March 2015

We went on a Saturday night, and I had been expecting something really special, having read the reviews here. First, if you're going be advised that this is not a casual restaurant. Ladies and their escorts should dress accordingly: no jeans for men, wear a shirt that buttons (preferably long sleeved) and the ladies should wear skirts or good pants. The menu is limited to half a dozen entrees and appetizers, all imaginative. I had the coffee-rubbed pork chops which were meaty and flavorful. My wife had fish, which was good but not amazing. The room was well decorated and the tables well spaced. As noted by others, the service was very attentive. The best part of the evening for us was a three-piece group of musicians who played in an Arabic/flamenco mode (though two of the tunes were from Fiddler on the Roof); they were supplemented at times by a talented female flamenco dancer, and the entire show was very well done. For a special evening, we recommend Ninette's.

Reviewed 18 February 2015

This is a charming place. Every time we've been there, the chef comes out to say hello. The food is always excellent. The flavors are unique. It's one of the nicest restaurants in town -- and something of a secret!

Reviewed 16 February 2015

Husband and I ate twice at Jardin de Ninette during our stay in Ajijic - our first night and our last night (of a 5 night trip), so that tells you how much we enjoyed it. Service was excellent - felt very cared for and the servers listened well and always had a smile for us when we interacted with them. Chef takes his work seriously and we were able to thank him both times.

First dinner - arrived on a Sun eve - shared the peppered tuna which was wonderful and split the black bean soup which hit the spot.

Last dinner we ordered the salmon (very good) plus the zucchini appetizer -- soo good! Wasn't sure what to expect but it was light with tomatoes and zucchini and parmesan cheese, and right out of the oven, tasty. Like pizza without the bread getting in the way -- will try this at home sometime, yum. Prices were very reasonable and atmosphere is relaxed and peaceful tucked into a private courtyard (with that indoor/outdoor feel that Ajijic has everywhere). We then split the chocolate cake which was perfectly accompanied with a bit of what I can only describe as apple pie bits with blackberry sauce (wonderful).

Then had drinks from the bar which was fun. (See why we went light on the dinner? For dessert and drinks.) I definitely recommend Ninette's.