“A lovely place”

Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 19
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2015

This is a charming place. Every time we've been there, the chef comes out to say hello. The food is always excellent. The flavors are unique. It's one of the nicest restaurants in town -- and something of a secret!

There are newer reviews for El Jardin de Ninette

Reviewed 16 February 2015

Husband and I ate twice at Jardin de Ninette during our stay in Ajijic - our first night and our last night (of a 5 night trip), so that tells you how much we enjoyed it. Service was excellent - felt very cared for and the servers listened well and always had a smile for us when we interacted with them. Chef takes his work seriously and we were able to thank him both times.

First dinner - arrived on a Sun eve - shared the peppered tuna which was wonderful and split the black bean soup which hit the spot.

Last dinner we ordered the salmon (very good) plus the zucchini appetizer -- soo good! Wasn't sure what to expect but it was light with tomatoes and zucchini and parmesan cheese, and right out of the oven, tasty. Like pizza without the bread getting in the way -- will try this at home sometime, yum. Prices were very reasonable and atmosphere is relaxed and peaceful tucked into a private courtyard (with that indoor/outdoor feel that Ajijic has everywhere). We then split the chocolate cake which was perfectly accompanied with a bit of what I can only describe as apple pie bits with blackberry sauce (wonderful).

Then had drinks from the bar which was fun. (See why we went light on the dinner? For dessert and drinks.) I definitely recommend Ninette's.

Reviewed 15 February 2015

Went to this restaurant at the beginning of January and had an excellent meal. This time my wife chose the lamb dish I had had last time and, again, it was great. I asked for the Osso Boco but they didn't have any but there was one lamb shank. When it came it was all off the bone and roasted quite hard. It was OK but probably had been reheated. I'll give them another chance next year though.

Reviewed 4 February 2015

Lovely atmosphere, great service and most of all, Terrific food. Chef Oscar and his wife came to our table. Lovely people. Will return often

Reviewed 4 January 2015

We were here in March 2014 and had a great meal so it was a pleasure to go back last night for another one.
The menu is a bit different from the run of the mill restaurant and is slightly more expensive than some others but is worth it. I had lamb tenderloin with redcurrant sauce and yoghurt for 205Mx and my wife the salmon with a honey sauce for 185Mx.
Good service and we'll be back soon.

1  Thank Alan S