“A Cleansing Week”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tecate
Rancho La Puerta Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tecate
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My wife and I spent a week, February 11-18, at Ranco La Puerta. Although the weather was somewhat cold and wet, we had a refresing experience. Among highlights were the many interesting and pleasant people, both guests and presenters. The hikes were not to be missed, the food was excellent and healthy, and the facilities were in terrific shape. My wife enjoyed the spa offerings, and the various yoga, pilates et. classes. I found the lectures and discussion groups interesting, andf the fitness classes challenging enough. It is well worth a stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the center of activity.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank prichett
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

This was my first visit to Rancho La Puerta. After hearing so many good things I decided to give
it a go for a one day experience which they call "Saturdays At The Ranch". The luxury motor coach picked us up in Old Town
(San Diego) at 7:30am for the approximate 1hr. 15min. drive. On the bus we were
given a small bag of granola and some bottled water along with a personalized
water bottle with Rancho La Puerta logo on it. After arriving through the lovely
iron gates of the ranch we were given a small hand towel to refresh ourselves
before a short tour of the ranch. We were shown to the locker area and each given
a locker and key. The spotless locker rooms are stocked with everything you would need for showering after exercise or spa treatments. After this we were taken to the dining area and treated to a very
healthy and hearty breakfast. After breakfast we were on our own to take any
classes of our choice. I took the Circuit Training class and then the Dance Class which was a Hula-Hoop class. So many laughs during that class! Lunch was served in the main dining area and it consisted
of numerous organic vegetables, homemade breads, fruit, juice, and many other
delicious items including (my favorite) Hibiscus Tea. Yum! After lunch you could
again take many different classes, go on a hike or head off to the spa to receive
a relaxing spa treatment. At 3:30pm two vans appeared to take our group off to
La Cocina que Canta (The Kitchen that Sings) which is Rancho La Puerta's cooking
school. Here we were given a tour of the organic vegetable gardens and then
ushered into the kitchen/classroom area for a hands on cooking session. This was
so much fun and Chef Denise Roa was so passionate about her love for organic
cooking it inspired everyone. Our group of 13 then were seated around a long
table to eat the results of our cooking lessons. Everyone had such a great time
learning new skills to take home and try out on friends and family. The vans arrived back
at the cooking school around 7:30pm
to take us back to the border where our motor coach was waiting for our journey
back to San Diego. It was a long day but I came away with a good preview of
the resort and some new culinary skills not to mention some new friends. Everywhere you went on the grounds the staff was always helpful and smiling. There is nothing formal or stuffy about this resort! A wonderful
place to renew your mind, body and spirit. I relaxed just walking around enjoying
all the beautiful landscaping and garden sculptures.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jean92064
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Rancho La Puerta is a wonderful spa where you can really get away from the world in an atmosphere of beauty and healthy living on all levels. It is a great place to go alone or with friends and family. There is something for everyone and a new lease on life.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank susantravels20
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This was our first visit to the Ranch and we are already planning a return.
The yoga classes and hikes were personal favorites.
The grounds are beautiful and our casita was lovely and quiet despite being an easy walk from all amenities.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank huss
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I've been to the Ranch 9 times since 1999, most recently the week of January 7th. I love going there around the holidays to get away from the madness, but this year I went after the holidays, and boy did I need it. Exercising all day, eating delicious healthy food, getting terrific treatments in the afternoons, that's the vacation for me.
The food was satisfying and delicious. The advanced yoga classes were challenging and fun. The instructors were fantastic. The yoga inversion and rope wall classes were exciting. There's even yoga strength classes using weights. I was in yoga heaven!
I love the morning walks, and the walk to the organic garden breakfast. I challenged myself hiking to Alex's Oak Tree one afternoon. I went on the bird walk and nature walk. And, of course, there's Bingo!
Every time I go, I try something new. Next time, I'm bringing my husband...we'll see what he has to say!

Room Tip: Single women should stay in a Ranchera. When I go with a group, I like Villas Sol. But the accommo...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank MimsyAtty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tecate
14.3 km away
31.4 km away
Hotel Lucerna Tijuana
Hotel Lucerna Tijuana
#7 of 45 in Tijuana

Been to Rancho La Puerta Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK