All reviewsgold eaglefamily suitenice hotelwould definitely stay here againfront desk staffsteam roomplace to staynice poolright next doorrooms are largetoastthe penthousecontinental breakfastgreat customer serviceplenty of parkingsalt water poolbagels
Reviewed 2 September 2017

I stayed at the Gold Eagle Lodge Aug 31, 2017. It is new, modern, very clean and comfortable hotel. There is a nice pool / gym area on the main floor. It is a short walking distance from the casino and also the Frontier Shopping Mall.
The Kihiw Restaurant attached to the casino is a excellent & a reasonably priced place to eat however there is no need to go out for breakfast as a great continental breakfast is included in the hotel room price.
The staff of the hotel were all helpful and friendly.
The Western Development Museum is very close by and not to be missed when in The Battlefords.

Room Tip: There are Queen rooms with 2 beds on the 4th. floor. They may be quieter and larger than single bed rooms on main at the same rate.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Warren B, General Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Ron R.,

A sincere thank you for your recent comments. We are extremely proud of our Clean Team, and our Guest Services Team. We are happy you found our rooms modern and comfortable. We recently renovated all of our rooms in the summer of 2016.

The proximity to the Frontier Mall is a great option for our guests and we are extremely happy that you enjoyed your meal at the Kihiw Restaurant at the Gold Eagle Casino. The closeness of the WDM to the hotel cannot be understated as value added to any guest staying in the Battlefords.

We look forward to taking care of any of your hospitality needs should you return to the Battlefords.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Nice hotel, friendly staff, clean room, good amenities. Front desk staff were pleasant and made our transactions easily. Enjoyed our stay here, began the next morning refreshed and relaxed. Great bed!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Warren B, General Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear rachelee27,

We thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff made the check out process easy. As we have most recently renovated the hotel including new beds in the summer of 2016, the base reason for staying in a hotel is to relax and have a comfortable sleep, we are grateful we met your expectations.

Should your travels bring you to the Battlefords region in the future, we look forward to taking care of your hospitality needs.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

A welcoming hotel from the minute you drive up. From the waterfall pond to the lobby, to your room, everything is so clean. The staff is friendly and I can't say enough about the complex. And if you get a chance, order room service- it's great too! Just an all-around wonderful stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank VintageDreamer02
Warren B, General Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

I woudl like to thank you for your most recent comments on Trip Advisor. We are proud of our welcoming image at the Godl Eagle LOdge. Our " Clean Team " assocaites and our " Guest Service " associates are our biggest assets. We are glad you enjoyed the delivered meal ordered from the Kihiw Restaurant at the Gold Eagle Casino. It is the BEST restaurant in North Battleford. I will certainly pass the comments on to the Management at the Casino.
We look forward to you staying with us in the future should your travels bring you back to the Battlefords.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

When we first booked our hotel room we were looking for a family room. We were told none were available but the staff was nice enough to tell us that we could bring a air mattress.
When we arrived Britt the Front-end staff told us that air mattresses were not allowed because they were a fire hazard. We then explain the situation and front end staff was nice enough to accommodate us.
From that point on the service was poor upon arrival Friday night after a nice dinner with the family. We are greeted with feces on the floor in front of the elevator. The front-end staff was notified but must have felt it was not important enough to do anything about immediately. We decided to go for a swim before it closed and yet they're still in front of the elevators was the feces.
It didn't stop there in the morning we were harassed by a manager because the cleaning staff had notified her there was an air mattress in the room they called my wife and told her that we were in violation of the fire code would have to move rooms. As anyone knows with three children that's not an easy task.
At this point I had had enough so I went to the front desk to explain to the manager the situation. Her staff had allowed it to happen and because of the lack of communication within their own staff they were not going to inconvenience my family she then rolled her eyes and said I guess that'll be fine.
I would not recommend this hotel to anybody even as a last resort you'll have more fun sleeping in your car.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary N
Warren B, General Manager at Gold Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Mr. Gary N.,

I would, firstly, like to thank you for your most recent comments regarding your stay with us on July 28th and July 29th.
Secondly, the unavailibility of a Family Suite during the booking process is quite unfortunate, but expected, as they are most popular on weekend bookings. I understand an attempt was made to accommodate your family into a Family Suite on Saturday July 29th.
The statement of " fire regualtions" as it pertains to a guest room, is for the safety of all guests, employees and first responders. Our hotel policy of not allowing air mattresses is to that exact point. The employee that took your original reservation has been with the hotel for over three years. I apologize for the perception of harrassment, but I can assure you, your safety and the safety of others was paramount in the employees interaction with you with this regard.
It is certainly our focus in the hospitality industry to be we aware of our customer needs both attentively and anticipatory.
Your observation of the issue with excrement in front of the elevator is extremely upsetting to a property that prides itself on both guestroom cleanliness and public space cleanliness. I do not understand how that could have happened, but I do appreciate you bringing that to our attention when you did. The cleaner on shift was notified directly after your call to inform our front office staff. I agree, it should have been cleaned up quicker, and your comments with respect to this, will help me in further improving our operation with an audit of our communication processes.

I would like to thank you for all your feedback and should your travels bring you back to the Battleford's area, please contact myself directly and I will personally take your reservation and upgrade you into a Family Suite.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Very nice hotel. The rooms are beyond clean. The staff were helpful. Really nice suite had fridge and microwave. Breakfast was great. They suggested we eat at the casino next door. There was a pool, sauna and gym, Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Always stay on the top floor of the hotel. Its quieter because no overhead noise.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business