All reviewsfree suppermeeting roomplace to stayboiled eggsyogurtcontinental breakfastwalmartpet
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I booked at this hotel as many others were already booked up. My expectations were very low going into my stay.

Upon check in, I was noticed that there was a dinner as well as a breakfast included in my stay. This wasn’t openly advertised so that seemed like a nice benefit to guests. I was able to check in a few hours earlier, which was convenient.

My room was a single queen room on the 5th floor. It was large and had everything you need. Granted, the furniture was older but everything was extremely clean and in good shape.

During the night, a few things definitely disturbed my sleep. The first, my hvac (heater) was extremely loud and would wake me up every time it would kick in which was every 20-30 mins. Second, my fridge was so noisy that I had to get up and unplug it in the middle of the night. And third, there was drunk people arguing in the hallway around 3:30am.

The breakfast in the morning was plenty and contained French toast, hashbrowns and scrambled eggs.

All in all it mostly checked everything off my list!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2018

They could do some work in the bathroom, but the biggest thing that I did not like, is that the back door is never locked!! Anyone can walk in at any time. That did not make me feel very safe. The back door should have key card access.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Upon checking we found out they had booked up a single queen instead of a double (which was a confirmed booking), after going back down to the desk we were told we switch to a double smoking room as they were sold out of double queens (umm, no thank you). The room was dirty and still smelled like smoke (in fact the entire hotel smelled like smoke) the room also had one towel and no soap. We then had the worst sleep (I have slept better on the ground in the backcountry), the best was ridiculously uncomfortable and dirty and the furnace sounded like a train coming through the room turning BOTH on and off. The room was freezing and the blanket was equivalent to a paper towel. The next morning, we were able to book into another hotel (thankfully) and went down to the front desk at 8:45 (check out time 11:00) to check out. We were informed that this would be a “cancellation” and because they require 48 hours cancellation notice we would not be refunded the second night’s stay. After requesting to speak to a manager, the room of Anu (general manager) was called. The front desk agent hung up quickly told us he informed her it was policy. I asked to speak to him and she reluctantly called him back, he refused to come down and speak to me and the phone call ended. I then asked to speak to him over the phone as the front desk agent let us know she could do nothing. Very reluctantly she called his room again, after arguing back and forth that we were checking out LONG BEFORE check-out time and the stay was terrible he offered me a voucher (did I mention how bad the stay was? I am clearly never going back) he then offered me 50% off the stay and hung up the phone. Front desk agent went to refund one night’s stay and he called back informing her that is was 50% off the second night and hung up immediately. At this point we needed to leave the hotel and no longer had time to continue arguing (which was a moot point over the phone, he refused to come down and speak to me). After calling the hotel back multiple times to speak to a manager no calls have been returned. I have never been treated with so much disregard, and disrespect. Anu wouldn’t even come downstairs to speak to me in person. Very, very disappointed in this stay and his response to the entire situation.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank KPYDE
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Used to be super 8 now Lone Star. 4 rooms booked a month ago from tues till Saturday . Arrive and booking on their part all screwed up and only 2 rms till Saturday,2 till Friday only, Rooms old outdated dirty, furniture stained , no coffee packages or cups in room , go to front desk and she doesn’t have any, took a shower and then saw no big towels at all in my room !
Told by clerk to move to another room in order to stay till Saturday, I move my stuff to the other room and then Friday another clerk says I have to check out as they are full up and I’m only checked in till Friday! Explained situation to clerk who didn’t seem to care at all and repeated they are booked up : Spoke to manager whom apologized but still had no room for me, What a GONG show. I moved to another hotel , never never will stay there again , stained chairs -carpet dirty, ( breakfast left over chicken fried rice , boiled eggs u can’t peel, 2 jams packets were like rock candy, scrambled eggs with 2 inches of some weird juice in it , badly cooked potatoes ) no I do not recommend this hotel ,

Room Tip: Stay at a better hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Stayed Sept. 27 - 29, 2017. We had tried several of the other hotels in NB but not the Lone Star. It offers breakfast and supper included for a lower room rate than some of the others so we thought we'd give it a try. We stayed in the newer section after being shown a dingy basement room in the older section. We didn't have our pets with us, but I thought $25 per night was very high and it's non-refundable.

The room was on the forth floor, 406, and it was clean and super quiet as it's at the end of a hallway. WiFi was good, TV, fridge and microwave were good. Bathroom was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Breakfast had hot scrambled eggs, hash browns and sausage/bacon plus make your own waffles, cereals, yogurt, etc. The floor was unfortunately littered with breakfast debris and the staff didn't have time to keep up with the mess.

The hotel is very close to the Frontier Mall where the Walmart is.

One front desk staff was wonderful, the other one on the morning shift was very poorly trained and didn't even know if there was a washroom on the main floor of hotel. The management worked front line as well as managing the hotel. Small staff I guess.

My only complaint is that parking was filled up both nights with trucks from the construction/road crews who mostly stay there. Had to park in handicapped parking but that's not a bad thing as the hotel was full and no one had claimed the 2 handicapped spots at 11:00 pm. so it was unlikely that we were putting anyone out.

I'd stay there again, but only on the new side. If we had our pets with us I'd stay somewhere else, too expensive with pets !

We got a Senior's discount and the room was $95/night for a single queen.

Room Tip: top floor, end of the hall for quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple