All reviewsafter a long daylunch buffethigh endfront desk staffin townvalsignagewingclienteleenglishbilingualtrail
Reviewed 27 February 2016

4 Older Men on snowmobiles came in around 5 pm we had seen their brochures on the web advertising rates at 74.00 per person including dinner....On arrival they said the room was 174.24 per nite and NO meal included but offered 15% off..
Rooms are large and nicely appointed Rates are too high and the average price for dinner started at around 30.00 and up....Hard to find on a snowmobile and front desk have no local Val dor maps showing access and exit...would be nice if they offered that service

Room Tip: confirm price b-4 arriving....
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank KawarthaRon
Caroline T, Web at Forestel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2016

I've been looking around on the web, on our Facebook page and website, I haven't seen advertising with a price anywhere. I also called the tourist office they said another hotel offered this type of package for 89$. So, I imagine this was a missunderstanding, but if you see this ad somewhere it would be appreciate to share the link with
us so we can fix this.
Our snowmobile package have 2 choices: 1) with breakfast and dinner, but over 100$ and another one cheaper 2) dinner not included but offers 15% discount.
Concerning the maps, we have 2 maps alvailable for clients; Abitibi-Témiscamingue snowmobile map and one for Val-d'Or, they are available in the hall and at the front desk. Also, the tourist office is just in front of the hotel if you need more specific informations.
We are sorry for all those contradictions and we hope you had a nice trip!

Reviewed 10 December 2015

The feel of a boutique hotel
Well appointed, modern looking
I had a loft room, king bed, flatscreen
Nice sectionnal sofa
Big shower
Really impressed
The only thing that does not fit the rest of the decor is the bar and restaurant
Food was OK

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Caroline T, Web at Forestel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2015

Thank you for your nice comment ! you see it right, we are going to be some change in the restaurant area because it is not as modern as the rest of the hotel ! Have a good day!

Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and 4 days for work related purposes and it was terrible.
My husband and I drove 7hrs, coming in from out of town, and once at the hotel greeted by no one. There was a back room where we saw one staff member sitting, hearing her debate with another, who would come out and tend to us, both seeing who could be get out it...great start! Then after standing up for a few minutes we were greeted by the most attitudy receptionist we have ever met!!! The reception's unwillingness to answer simple questions, and her constant need to flicker and open her eyes wider, tilt her head, emphasize different words, did not go unnoticed.
She also greeted us the same way on our departure. We had to leave a 75$ deposit that would be returned the day of our departure, she asked for our credit card then to realize the machine wasn't working and then stated we would be reimbursed later today when they switched their machines....ummm really??? and honestly I could hardly understand what she said as she repeated herself more quickly with less description. The attendant at the back began to explain as we confronted the one facing us with our lack of undersnraidng and her need to give attitude, I mean, we are clients.. The attendant in the back explaining from the back room, I could hardly hear, and couldn't see her
when I asked for her to the front, the one facing us said well Ur husband can hear just fine...wow! She then came from the back room to reassure us that it would be reimbursed or "dégelée" time depending on our bank.
And just so you know my colleagues also complained about her attitude.
During our stay:
2/3 very noisy, unsettling nights, people knocking on door, partying???
Good points:
Bed was comfortable
Clean surroundings
Cleaning ladies were very nice

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Caroline T, Web at Forestel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2015

As I can see, your terrible experience is based on the reception which is supposed to be the most agreable part of your stay (arrival and departure).We will try to find out what happend in this situation and make sure the employees to not talk with customers at the front desk from the back office. Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

Beautiful Sleek Hotel...Nice and Cozy King Suite...Staff was Wonderful and Helpful...We Arrived Very Early in the Day and Tracy was Very Accommodating to these Two Weary Travelers (11 Hour Drive from New York) Our Room Happened to have Been Ready so Tracy Let Us Check in Early...Very Much Appreciated!!! ...and Unfortunately We had to Leave a Day Earlier than Expected and The Forestel made it Possible to Modify Our Booking without an Extra Charge...I Would Recommend this Hotel to Everyone!!! It is also Minutes from Town which is Very Convenient :)

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank photojesse
Caroline T, Web at Forestel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2015

It's nice to have personnal comments about our staff, really appreciated! Thank you, for understanding and enjoying your experience ;)

Reviewed 16 September 2015

We stayed in this hotel for one night recently and I would recommend staying there if you're in the area. It looked brand new although my friend heard from somebody that it's been around for a while but was recently renovated. Rooms are very clean and spacious. Nice lobby and hallways. I thought it was good value for the quality.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank dcb007
Caroline T, Web at Forestel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2015

Good to know you appreciate your stay and the modern look of our hotel. Thank you for your comment !