All reviewsenjoyed our staystaff were friendly and helpfulthe riverfrenchbilingual
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I planned a special trip to St. Jean-sur-Richelieu during the Montgolfieres' festival. As part of this trip I had asked that our room be facing the area that the hot air balloons took flight from in the morning (completely understanding it was weather dependent!).
Our room was perfectly located!! I was so pleased!
The hotel itself was under some renovation construction but it did not bother us at all!
Our room was clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly as well!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We enjoyed our stay. The hotel is casual and has been refreshed. The staff is excellent and bilangue/bilingual. The rooms bright and comfy; the windows do not open; the bathroom is bright - and a quiet sleep guaranteed. (walk to the river or cycle down the path there)
Food is excellent as is the service inthe Restobar

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Hotel is clean. Beds were comfortable. Those are the two most important things.

Lobby was under construction while we were there so it's hard to say how it will turn out.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Rooms felt kind of institutional - especially the bathroom which had nothing to recommend it in terms of decor or amenities (also, one little bottle of shampoo and quasi-threadbare towels did not impress me).

WiFi was not impressive though - kept cutting out.

For the price, it's fine. Nothing special though

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Only stayed one night. Was nice enough and sufficiently clean. Lobby is nice and location is fine, depending on where you need to be the next day. But the restaurant closing at 8:30pm was really not convenient.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2017

On the positive: the pool and room were clean, newspapers in lobby, ample parking
Negative: Being a business traveller, I have been to numerous hotels and I got the feeling that this one was like a motel. I spent a week here, and my room had 1 Keurig tea pod and 2 coffee pods. I had no housekeeping done for 6 days, and on the 6th I politely asked reception to have 4 coffee pods sent up. I then felt that I was in the Spanish Inquisiton, the front said that it is not their policy to give extra pods (my room had 2 queen beds). I was then asked how many nights I was staying. I just told her to send up 4 pods and to charge them if she has to. This gives you an idea of how management manages their workers on hospitality. If you are to take a shower, don't bother with the cold water as you get luke-warm water only from the hot water tap. There is only 1 ice machine for 8 floors so it is usually slush when you want ice. They get away with it because they're only 2 hotels in town. I recommend holiday inn expess (where I stayed the last time) it is close to the mall and breakfast in included.

Bar and restaurant closed at night, for families, Hotel is far from everything.

Room Tip: Go to Holiday Inn Express
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business