“Disappointing...”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Ordered the "seafood" linguini but I think that they meant SEEfood! Because we could hardly see any in the pasta. The salmon was more like salmon flakes than pieces of salmon. We brought it to the servers attention and he was pleasant but said "we don't get complaints about this dish so there's nothing I can do for you"! SERIOUSLY. The meal was not touched other than looking for the salmon. The little "thing" on the side of the plate was ONE of the salmon flakes we found. The menu did not say "salmon flavoured". Not recommended. When on vacation this is a REAL letdown.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Used to rock my socks but was disappointed. The food was acceptable but not as before
Good value for the buck

Reviewed 8 October 2017

I can’t believe I actually went in here twice
On the first visit we received fairly insulting service and left after one drink without eating. But then we returned a couple of days later, maybe thinking it would be better and I have to admit the house red is pretty good. We stayed to eat this time but both meals disappointed. The meat part of the de luxe burger was good but the onions & mushrooms were both sparse & possibly straight out of a tin. Not very luxe. The bacon poutine was ok without being anything at all special.
The real issue we had was the service. I don’t appreciate surly service or a bill being slapped down in front of me with almost an order to pay immediately in a language I only partly understand. Risk a visit at you peril, or take a look at the microbrewery a few doors along. Once again, as for many places in Quebec, it was annoying in the extreme to be in an English speaking country with no menu in English and no-one in the place who seemed to have a good command of the language. God help you if you have no French at all.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Just had dinner here. Staff were great and overlooked my total lack of French. The BBQ whiskey hamburger was great and came with fries and a nice salad. That and a pint and tip came to less than 30 dollars. A good pub I recommend it!

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Ate here twice while staying in Saint Anne Des Monts, food was good and a nice view of the bay just across the street....