Motel Bel Eau(Montebello)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Manoir Chamberland(Montebello)
Le Petit Chateau(Montebello)
Domaine Montebello(Montebello)
2,338 results
All reviewschateau montebelloindoor poollog cabindog sleddinghorseback ridingottawa riversided fireplaceoutdoor activitiesmain lobbygrounds are beautifulcross country skiingresort feewinter activitiescrepesone of a kindmarch breakoutdoor bbq
Reviewed 12 October 2012

What a great hotel/complex - my husband and I stayed in a wonderful corner suite and thoroughly enjoyed the 'romantic' package. It came with a relaxation massage in a therapy room for 2, as well, a four-course dinner, breakfast in the dining room and chocolate covered strawberries to boot! The service was exceptional from the check-in staff to the spa staff. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to view a few rooms - we had originally booked a jacuzzi suite however the front desk staff was quick to describe that these rooms are located on the 1st floor and are dark with small windows. We toured a few other rooms and finally settled in a room on the second floor facing the water.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
ChateauMontebello, General Manager at Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Good day Nadinka_12_12

Thank you for your comments. It’s really important for us the have guest feedback. I’m sorry for the lack of attention at the front desk, be assure that I will do a follow-up with the front desk agents to reinforce the importance of guest services.

Cleanliness is really important for us. In a log hotel dust is a real challenge. On a regular basis we do a deeper cleaning.

I’m please to learn that you enjoyed our facilities and the grounds. We recommended you to come visit us in winter; it can be so magical with the snow.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I have previously stayed here a few years back for a week or so and enjoyed it a lot. However, this time around the service was rather disappointing. At check-in, it felt like we were bothering the staff, the service was cold (even for the Fairmont President's Club member), no one informed us about the fact that the bbq dinner was closed due to low season even though it as a beautiful summer day. It's disappointing to see such unwelcoming service.
However, the hotel and its grounds are beautiful, well maintained, highly recommend staying at this hotel for a retreat away from the city.
The rooms are cozy and of reasonable size. However, not so clean as we would have liked as the ventilation opening in the bathroom was covered in thick gross layer of dirt/dust, which is surprising to see at a Fairmont.

Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

We come to le Chateau Montebello every year. We keep coming back because we have so much fun. Good food. Great service.

There are fun activities for the entire family, for the kids, for the wives, for the husbands, for everyone: biking, golf, tennis, spa, horse back riding, even a race track for RC cars, ATV rentals and off road driving lessons for SUVs.

• Stayed: October 2012
ChateauMontebello, General Manager at Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Dear martinphamdinh,

I always enjoy reading all comments from our guests and it is a real pleasure for me to see that you had a great stay with us and fun for everyone!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

This was my first visit at the Chateau Montebello and was excited to go as it was boasted about since I was kid. It boasts to have had world leaders stay there and it was built in the 1930's.

The grounds are beautiful and the architecture pretty good in relation to age of the country.
The main lobby boasts a beautiful massive multi sided fireplace in the centre of the foyer.
The log structure is quite impressive if you appreciate architecture but it is starting to show signs of wear and lack of maintenance.

The foyer although being clean has a certain smell that I would relate to smells of old buildings.

My stay here was to be a romantic getaway so I booked their Jaccuzzi Suite. The price was in the range of most hotels that offer Jacuzzi Suites however the Suite hardly compares.
They failed to tell me that the Jacuzzi Suites are situated in the basement of the hotel.
So it felt like I was in, well, in a basement!!
The suite had windows up high on the wall, being a basement but if you left the curtains open for lighting then people walking by outside can easily see in your room.

The room was spacious enough and fairly clean. The issue I had was that we noticed a stain on the edge of the comforter that was either blood or jam. Unfortunately we didn't notice it until we got up in the morning. Suffice it to say we were a little disgusted by it. We didn't have to check out at the reception desk as my credit card was on file but because of our findings I decided to stand in line to inform them of our findings.
When I told the lady at the front desk, I felt as if it wasn't important and her only comment was that she would inform house keeping.
I thought that at the very least they should have apologized for the situation.

A few days later, I used their online feedback form to tell them of my experience and I received an email back saying that they would look into the matter and get back to me within the week to let me know of the results of the actions taken. It has been three weeks so far and have yet to hear back from them.

Regardless of my personal bad experience, I would not recommend this place for a romantic getaway if you want to have a Jacuzzi in your suite.
A suite in the basement is not a suite and for $350 a night, not very sweet!!

3  Thank Love2TravelOttawa
ChateauMontebello, General Manager at Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear Love2travelOttawa,

Thank you very much for your valued and constructive feedback. I must say that our Jacuzzi suites are very particular, and mosts of our guests reserve them year after year because they simply love them, however some guests prefers other rooms for the reasons you mentioned, so it is indeed a very specific product. If you prefer a romantic suite with lots of windows, the Signature rooms would be a perfect fit, as they have 3 windows and very spacious, plus they have a view on the Outaouais river.

I take good note of your comments and will share with my management team to ensure that a follow-up is properly done, and I am truly sorry for not living up to our commitment to deliver a memorable experience in all aspects of your stay.

Thank you!

Reviewed 2 October 2012

The hotel is very old, as stated on many reviews. The room was very charming. Really comfy beds. The bathroom was small, as would be expected in a building of this age, but very clean. The TV was small, but the lobby is so inviting that we did not really want to spend time watching TV. The main restaurant was expensive, but the food was well prepared. The grounds were awesome--so beautiful! We would like to go back in winter to try curling and dogsledding.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business