I really liked this very modern 4 star lakefront suite condo/hotel located about 10 minutes away from the ski slopes of St Sauvuer, about 40 minutes drive north from Montreal. All suites have a queen bed (I would prefer a king) and a sofabed plus a wet bar (with mini fridge, Nexpresso coffee machine, microwave, toaster oven, dishes and silverware as well) and a gas fireplace in the adjoining livingroom. Also there is a great balcony (some suites are lakeview while some face the road!). Nice staff, beautiful interior design, very peaceful, especially on Sundays (which is the least busy and least expensive day of the week). Great free wifi, free parking.
Breakfast buffet was pretty good and was reasonably priced, and the room service menu was also fairly priced, but dinner is a different situation. The resort has a very pricey gourmet restaurant which offers their 5 course menu for around $55 per person, but I opted for the more casual Bistro. I ordered a Crab Cake, a Panini with salad and fries and a beer and the bill was about $47.00. This meal shuld have been far beter for the money. Next time I will drive 2 minutes away to have dinner at the more famous Bistro Champlain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Estérel Resort offers an exceptional nature experience. Bordered by three navigable lakes, lush Laurentian forest and a Nordic spa, Estérel Resort’s two hotels offer a magical Laurentian backdrop, the ideal setting for a romantic getaway. An impeccable panorama and welcoming facilities make Estérel Resort the obvious choice for events such as weddings, conferences and corporate events. The three gourmet restaurants, banquet halls, suites with a fireplace and outdoor activities during both the summer and winter seasons are guaranteed to provide unforgettable memories. Treat yourself to a unique Laurentian experience with a stay at Estérel Resort. Estérel Resort, exceptional destination 1 h from Montreal – 6 h from Toronto – 2 h 15 from Ottawa – 4 h from Kingston 3 h 30 from Burlington, VT – 6 h from Boston, MA ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Esterel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esterel Suites Spa & Lac Hotel Esterel
- Esterel Suites Spa And Lac
- Esterel Resort Quebec