We spent 5 days at this resort, all suites with balconies and kitchenettes, tastefully updated, all overlooking beautiful lac Dupuis. The hotel offers good deals if you stay for 3 or for 5 nights. There are many activities right on the premises including golfing, kayaking, canoeing (extra costs) and of course swimming in the crystal clear lake or relaxing in one of the many outdoor hot tubs. Breakfast is an extra $15 per person, required, and includes an omelette bar as well as a fairly large buffet in a lovely, roomy and bright room overlooking the lake. Fine dining and a bistro are also part of the facilities.
We found the staff friendly and helpful, especially in the dining room/bistro, but were disappointed in the front desk staff (with the exception of the young woman who checked us out). As the first point of contact, the employees need some serious public relations training. Also, we had asked a manager in writing and in person to be informed if we could stay for the following weekend if a cancellation opened up but no-one got back to us. We found an excellent alternative for the last few days of our trip.
A word of warning - if you're looking for privacy in your suite, the two rooms are open plan with a see-through fireplace dividing them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Estérel Resort offers an exceptional nature experience. Bordered by three navigable lakes, lush Laurentian forest and a Nordic spa, Estérel Resort’s two hotels offer a magical Laurentian backdrop, the ideal setting for a romantic getaway. An impeccable panorama and welcoming facilities make Estérel Resort the obvious choice for events such as weddings, conferences and corporate events. The three gourmet restaurants, banquet halls, suites with a fireplace and outdoor activities during both the summer and winter seasons are guaranteed to provide unforgettable memories. Treat yourself to a unique Laurentian experience with a stay at Estérel Resort. Estérel Resort, exceptional destination 1 h from Montreal – 6 h from Toronto – 2 h 15 from Ottawa – 4 h from Kingston 3 h 30 from Burlington, VT – 6 h from Boston, MA ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Esterel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esterel Suites Spa & Lac Hotel Esterel
- Esterel Suites Spa And Lac
- Esterel Resort Quebec