Lowest prices for your stay
$91
Free cancellation until 08/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
$91
Free cancellation until 07/10/22
$88
Free cancellation until 08/10/22
Hotels.com$91
Travelocity$91
Orbitz.com$91
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2021

I had read all the reviews and this place was not mediately my first choice, but honestly now I'm considering coming back on my next stay.
My experience is based on the "Family/King size bed" room 104.
The good: It's clean. I have no complaints. The bed is great. Slept like a baby.
A lot of the things in the room are new. Flooring looks new, customs, fridge, lamps also look new.
The AC is recent and discrete, not too loud.
For the price I'm very happy.
The lobby is also fine. Location is quite good as it's in Cowansville but also near the main roads to Dunham, Sutton, and Knowlton/Lac Brome.
Staff was super nice and helpful. There are also restaurants and convenience stores near by.
It is also cheaper than a lot of place in the area. And honestly, as I'm not a bed and breakfast guy (too personal), it does a fine job for a two stars hotel. If I get to pay less and not have to chitchat with the owners at breakfast time it's a big plus.
The less good:
The building is older. I'm a Cowansville area native so I know how old it is. The owners are doing their best to renovate it gradually but clearly it's a huge task. Windows have been updated and things seems to be on the right track but yeah, it's still not great in some places. Like the old restaurant rooms are closed due to renos (which is fine as there's a decent restaurant across the parking lot.
I have seen no bugs or anything off putting like that. I'm giving it high marks so far after two days here because I saw other critics that were super hard on the place and honestly I think it deserves better.
Maybe there are rooms that need more renos than others, I have not seen the others, but my experience so far has been great in my room. It's a two star hotel so yeah, it's not a destination as such, but what it does it does well. There is even a big lawn with kids games outside.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank mathieub959
Reviewed 5 August 2019 via mobile

You can't make this up. One bed had dust, bugs, and the sheets were thrown on the bed, then the cover thrown on top. The 2nd bed had a dirty Kleenex inside the sheets. These beds were NOT changed and yet they charged us after we refused to stay there.
Also rooms smell of mold and there's no restaurant but a corner store with shelves of junk food. So upsetting.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BestWorldReviews
DayTrip38740455741, Owner at Hotel Cowansville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2019

we have been the new owner since March 2019, we did most of renovation in the rooms, new mattress worth 2500$ each in this room that the lady found a kleenex between sheets,new window,new airconditionner, bed sheets, curtain marble sink, cafeteria..., All our rooms are cleaned by a professional cleanining company, this lady came to see us near 9;30 pm showing us a pic with a Klenex, and told us she checked our mattress are new like we introduced, and the bed didn't do like four star hotel , and we apologized about the Kleenex right away, she said she came from Gatineau, need go back the same night, she wants refound 25% right away, or she is so famous in Ottawa and Gatineau, will put very bad reputation for our hotel, will do such dommage on our hotel if we don't give her back 25% right away, if we pay her right away, she will close her month , no complain at all, we did pay her 25% back as she requested, plus, we asked her to write down the things she wasn't happy with., except the Klennex and the bed didn't do like four stars hotel, she didn't talk about no bugs, and nothing to write down about bugs...she left with her husband without complaint after we refoud her 25% . we did check with the cleaning company next day, showing the lady's picture with Kleneex and what shw wrote, and they answered it is impossible, they have to clean every bed taking the used two sheets out , and replace with two cleaned sheets,there are nothing can be stuck between two sheets. next two days, we received call from expedia about this lay's complain, we explained Expedia about all these. then we found she put on tripadvisor these pics not even true from our hotel. we already made a complaint with tripadvisor and they will do a investigation. we appreaction all the customers encourage us as a new investers for this old hotel which needs a lot of care and invests. we understand that we still need continue improve, we already planned an indoor pooland the breakfast place, we understand that we can't offer 100% satisfcation for all the custermors, but the world is pretty, please do not destroy the other's hard work with slanders just because you want to, we respect each other,and welcome everyone to the hotel to visit to see the honest truth. Thanks!

Reviewed 16 September 2018

I should preface this by saying, I went in KNOWING this place was a two-star and what to expect of that, but I feel that 2 stars is quite generous.

My Grandparents, parents, and myself had the misfortune of staying the night at this laughably terrible inn because we had a funeral to attend in Cowansville, so we had three separate rooms booked. Upon first arriving we noticed the general disrepair and odd surroundings of the place – directly out front there is a gas station. The gas station cash/convenience store is ALSO the motel check in.... which was with a though nice, incompetent man who booked my parents two single beds rather than one Queen as they had requested. The most disturbing aspect of my room was not the fire-hose like pressure of the sink water, but the dinner plate-sized star (yes, a star) beside the toilet that had been scratched in to the paint, by the look of it, by someone's fingernail.
The biggest issue we had was the fact that the staff blatantly lied about having a working ice machine, that CLEARLY had not been working for several years – and pretended to care/try to fix it. We needed ice because my Dad had just had knee surgery a few days prior, not to make drinks mind you! So anyways they sent us to said convenience store to BUY their ice. Oh, and THERE IS NO WIFI – another thing they blatantly lied about, and gave us a password for, but that didn't work.

Lastly, we all had terrible sleeps because the mattresses were stiff/pillows way too puffy – oh and one of the two beds my parents got was quite literally broken.

Stay somewhere else!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank chelseanels0n
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

This place was the most disgusting place I have ever been the rooms were dirty and infested with ladybugs, the sheets blankets and bed smelt bad and were stained we made them give us a new room and it was no better. Half of the lights in the hall didn’t work they had garage everywhere And to top it all off they tried to charge us $150 per room! There was no breakfast (not that I would want to eat there ) your better off sleeping in your car. This place should be shut down! If I could give it a negative score I would.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2016

Don't go there, it's a dump, the room are old, smell like mold, cigarettes and baby poop mix together, the sheets are stained, he towels are stained with yellow spot, not a place i want to recommended to anyone. I first was offered a room on the 3rd floor, once I walk in the bed wasn't made, the bathroom was dirty so I went down stairs and he offered me a room on the first floor well it's not better and at the middle of the night the heat system stop working. It was my last option, but would have slept better in my truck.

Room tip: stay away from this place
Date of stay: February 2016