See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

Very friendly staff great spot on water in middle of bike/walking path along water. Nice restaurant in site as well with nice waterfront view. Adirondack chairs in back of property for relaxing overlooking water. Very Small rooms which is not a big deal for me and there's a porch with chairs out the back door which is real nice.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank ziggy2002
Riotel, Adjointe ventes et marketing at Riotel Bonaventure, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2015

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for submitting a review about our hotel on tripadvisor website. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your experience at the Riôtel Bonaventure for different reasons and we will make sure to keep providing the same level of service for future visit!

Reviewed 18 December 2014

I've stayed in this Riotel several times and every time is a real pleasure. The location (right on the sea) is great, the two restaurants are superb and the beds are about the most comfortable I've ever slept in. And the service has always been exceptional, with very friendly and welcoming staff.

This review is a bit late (almost Xmas now) and my last stay there was back in October, on the last weekend that they were open before closing for the winter season.

My only "nit" with this hotel is that as lovely as it is, the electrical wiring is fairly old and there are simply not enough ac outlets in the room. In fact, unless I unplugged a light, tv or radio, there was not even one available outlet in the room I had. The only outlet I could use to charge my computer and camera was the shaver outlet in the bathroom. In spite of this, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second floor overlooking the ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Eldor G
Reviewed 30 September 2014

Don't believe the publicity. This hotel has to stop charging exorbitant prices for their rooms. We stayed in two Riotel while travelling in Gaspé. They seem to undergo cosmetic renovations instead of proper renovations. Our room at the Bonaventure hotel had a musty smell, the creaking hardwood floors and bad insulation means that you hear your neighbors talk, walk, .... Our Matane Riotel room seemed to have been renovated by a lowest bidder: our bathroom door wouldn't close, the bathtub tiles were misaligned and moldy. I have travelled enough to know when a hotel it is not worth the expense. These are two of them.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Friendly staff run a smooth ship. Unfortunately, the ship is squished between the main highway and the Baie de Chaleur. We booked a month ahead but still wound up with a disappointingly small (both couldn't walk around at the same time!) room overlooking the highway. We couldn't leave the window open because of the road noise. The air conditioner was noisy but effective. For the size and location of the room, the price was exorbitant. We wouldn't stay there again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was just a one night stop on our road trip but just like the Riotel at Matane the main thing that stays with me is the friendliness of all the staff we had contact with - without exception. it started with the receptionist and then the waiting staff in the bar and the restaurant carried it on. Just felt so welcoming and informal.

The room (I think it was #22) was fine the highlight being the fact that a few steps from the patio doors was the beach. Just great to be so close to the water and still remain dry. Nice little sitting-out area outside too. Two queen beds and plenty of space. Bathroom was fine. Parking right outside the door so very easy to move luggage.

Food in the restaurant was very good - it greatly surpassed expectations - and the dining room had great sea views. Really couldn't fault the dining experience at all particularly for the price.

So this was my second positive Riotel experience on this trip. You have a great staff recruitment policy. Either that or you pay them way above market rate to make them so happy and pleasant!

Room Tip: I guess all rooms have sea-views but if not that would be an essential.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple