“Lovely place 10 or 20 years ago - in need of upgrades”
Review of HighFields Spa

HighFields Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Zephyr B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 March 2016

Spa services were great, but the rooms for spending the night were more like average hotel rooms... very small, sound carried, beds were hard, sheets not very soft, towels were frayed, not very up to date furniture/accessories. Just kinda worn. Noticed a lamp with rips in the material. Some stuff was pretty dusty. Not a bad place, but not a 5 star place either - and it charged 5 star prices. Lovely lady running the place, but she was manager, cook, and aesthetician. That's a lot of roles to fill. It was off season so maybe that's why?

Room Tip: The grounds would no doubt be stunning in the summer. In March, not so much.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Suej70
highfields1, Owner at HighFields Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Sue: Thank you for your opinion. New sheets, fluffy mattress covers, new towels have been ordered for the standard room which you shared with your friend Kim at the rate of $175. per evening which included breakfast. Your constructive criticism is appreciated.
Regards, Norma

Reviewed 28 February 2016

My friend and I spent a wonderful day and overnight at this amazing haven.
The massage and facial were of highest quality, and delivered with great attention and kindness and professionalism .
We felt as if our whole visit was custom made for our needs, and in the evening, an amazing fire was made for us, and greeted us in the morning for breakfast also!
The meal we had that morning was superb, and we could hardly drag ourselves away.
I will definitely return to recapture this wonderfully relaxing and welcoming retreat.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2016

Spent a wonderful day with my daughter having some spa treatments and a great lunch as a treat from my husband. The whole day was warm, welcoming and relaxed. We each had an amazing facial and massage. I could easily have stayed on for more. Would definitely recommend this for anyone who wants a peaceful relaxing time in a beautiful quiet surrounding.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank SharonHomebody
Reviewed 27 December 2015

We just wanted to get away for an over night that was not too far from home but felt a million miles away. The spa services, food and atmosphere were top notch. We would definitely come again. Thanks Norma
Charlotte&Bryan

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
highfields1, Owner at HighFields Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2015

Happy New Year Charlotte & Bryan and thank you so much for your lovely review. Best, Norma

Reviewed 18 November 2015

My mother, sister and I spent a day at High Fields last week and I could have stayed longer...I didn't want to leave! The house was very warm and the staff extremely welcoming. It's a very big house but the wood finishes make it truly warm and comforting. I wouldn't want anything to change about this place. The prices were very reasonable for the services we received...I had the best facial of my life! They customize your treatments to suit your individual needs. The food was home cooked to perfection and Norma was an amazing hostess. You must try this spa for a day or longer if you can.. It was very relaxing, quiet and not overcrowded like some other spas I've been to. Thanks for a great day!

Stayed: November 2015
1  Thank Andrea B
highfields1, Owner at HighFields Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2015

Thank you for a lovely review. Much appreciated. Makes it all so worthwhile!

Been to HighFields Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK