“Rude”
Review of Cedar Court Motel

Cedar Court Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Southampton
Cedar Court Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Southampton
London, Canada
“Rude”
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Their ad said 2 bedroom suites with kitchenettes, I still have the advertisement. We booked confirming twice we had a 2 BEDROOM suite. We got there and the owner wasn't even there, but had left a key. When we opened the room we found the room had 2 beds in it ... not 2 BEDROOMS like their ad stated and like we requested. We called the owner, she said most people confuse the ad, it's only 2 beds. She hung up on us. We decided to find a better location as it was 3 young children, me and my husband and my parents. When we were leaving the owner and her husband pulled up and the owner's husband stuck up his middle finger at us and swore. It upset the children greatly, they were in tears. After we found a fantastic alternative location (A 3 bedroom cottage for the same price and on the beach!) did the owner call us back apologizing and saying there was no cancellation fee. False advertising about the 2 bedrooms, as it states in the Grey Bruce Tourisim book. The hotel owners are rude.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank bajmom63
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
St. Marys, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2010

My sisters and I have been staying here in the summer for the past few years, and we love it. I love the little kitchenette in the rooms and also the bbq's outside on the patio. It's great for those of us who prefer more home cooking to restaurants. Marie and Tom were very friendly and helpful. I had to call them away from a family event they were attending when I locked my keys in the room. They came straight away and unlocked it and never complained. My son visited last minute one year and they brought a cot for him to sleep on and didn't charge us anything extra. They also provided shampoo for me, free of charge, when I realized I had forgotten mine. The rooms are not the height of fashion, more retro looking, but they are clean and comfortable and the atmosphere is very homey. I love this place and can't wait to go back in a couple of weeks.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank shabner
Paris
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Great place to stay.....the people are so pleasant, the atmosphere so relaxing, Been there a few times and can't wait till our next stay there. Clean bedding, plenty of towels. Feels like home. Better book early cause the place is normally packed on the weekends. Spoke to many a traveller while we were there and they all feel the same.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Simcoe
Reviewed 22 June 2010

My wife and I have stayed at Cedar Court Motel a number of times and have nothing but GOOD things we could say about it. If we are looking for a mini get away from the everday hustle and bustle of city life, Cedar Court is our home away from home. We find the rooms are always Clean and trust me , my wife and I are more than a bit fussy. Sure the furniture may be a bit dated but thats what gives it the homey country feeling we like. We would certainly reccommend this place to anyone. Its not the Hilton or the Holiday Inn but neither are their prices or their Service. Marie and Tom are "SUPER" people that will bend over backwards to try make your stay enjoyable. Most of the time in the summer months they are booked solid. That tells me LOTS of people feel the same about this place and Want to stay there.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Innisfil, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I wrote this motel up last year mistaking it for another motel which was a real dump. The management emailed me and pointed out my mistake so I took the bad review down and decided to give them a try so I could give them the write up they should have had.
Sorry. I could have left my original writeup intact.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which is a separate building from the main building. It reminded me of a cell block outside and even more inside. One of the very small bedrooms has no windows. None! The furniture is extremely dated as is the '60s console style TV. The volume on the TV was uncontrollable. There were a total of 4 light bulbs missing. (About 1/2 of total.)
As to cleanliness. It seemed, at first smell, to be fine, but a little closer scrutiny disclosed lots of small bug carcasses on the chair rail, an ugly stain on the lampshade and some sort of soot or just black dust on the radiators. Just dirty enough to make you wonder what you can't see.
We were "upgraded" to this room from a one room motel room. So we paid $120 instead of $140 per night. Thank goodness. This review would be even more scathing if I had paid more.
Management is friendly enough, but seem to be really disorganized. The main office looks like a bomb hit it. Not that I care what the office looks like, but it is indicative of someone that has lost control of their business.
The location is relatively close to the beach and about 1 km to the main drag.

So, what we have here is a typical privately owned '60's motel with no real standards, systems or controls, charging 2009 prices due to beach proximity. Makes you wish that Holiday Inn was in town. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't looking for a Holiday Inn, just a well run, clean and orderly motel.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank johntorr

Travellers are raving about these Southampton hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
1.9 km away
5.5 km away
Super 8 Port Elgin
Super 8 Port Elgin
#1 of 6 in Port Elgin

Been to Cedar Court Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK