Cedar Court Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Southampton
See available hotels
Manor Motel(Southampton)
    Huron Haven Motel(Southampton)
    Quality Inn(Southampton)
    Great 4.5/5
    All Seasons Motel(Port Elgin)
    Maplewood Motel(Port Elgin)
    • Free Internet
    See what travellers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 5 July 2010

My sisters and I have been staying here in the summer for the past few years, and we love it. I love the little kitchenette in the rooms and also the bbq's outside on the patio. It's great for those of us who prefer more home cooking to restaurants. Marie and Tom were very friendly and helpful. I had to call them away from a family event they were attending when I locked my keys in the room. They came straight away and unlocked it and never complained. My son visited last minute one year and they brought a cot for him to sleep on and didn't charge us anything extra. They also provided shampoo for me, free of charge, when I realized I had forgotten mine. The rooms are not the height of fashion, more retro looking, but they are clean and comfortable and the atmosphere is very homey. I love this place and can't wait to go back in a couple of weeks.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
    1  Thank shabner
    Reviewed 23 June 2010

Great place to stay.....the people are so pleasant, the atmosphere so relaxing, Been there a few times and can't wait till our next stay there. Clean bedding, plenty of towels. Feels like home. Better book early cause the place is normally packed on the weekends. Spoke to many a traveller while we were there and they all feel the same.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 22 June 2010

My wife and I have stayed at Cedar Court Motel a number of times and have nothing but GOOD things we could say about it. If we are looking for a mini get away from the everday hustle and bustle of city life, Cedar Court is our home away from home. We find the rooms are always Clean and trust me , my wife and I are more than a bit fussy. Sure the furniture may be a bit dated but thats what gives it the homey country feeling we like. We would certainly reccommend this place to anyone. Its not the Hilton or the Holiday Inn but neither are their prices or their Service. Marie and Tom are "SUPER" people that will bend over backwards to try make your stay enjoyable. Most of the time in the summer months they are booked solid. That tells me LOTS of people feel the same about this place and Want to stay there.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 22 July 2009

I wrote this motel up last year mistaking it for another motel which was a real dump. The management emailed me and pointed out my mistake so I took the bad review down and decided to give them a try so I could give them the write up they should have had.
    Sorry. I could have left my original writeup intact.
    We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which is a separate building from the main building. It reminded me of a cell block outside and even more inside. One of the very small bedrooms has no windows. None! The furniture is extremely dated as is the '60s console style TV. The volume on the TV was uncontrollable. There were a total of 4 light bulbs missing. (About 1/2 of total.)
    As to cleanliness. It seemed, at first smell, to be fine, but a little closer scrutiny disclosed lots of small bug carcasses on the chair rail, an ugly stain on the lampshade and some sort of soot or just black dust on the radiators. Just dirty enough to make you wonder what you can't see.
    We were "upgraded" to this room from a one room motel room. So we paid $120 instead of $140 per night. Thank goodness. This review would be even more scathing if I had paid more.
    Management is friendly enough, but seem to be really disorganized. The main office looks like a bomb hit it. Not that I care what the office looks like, but it is indicative of someone that has lost control of their business.
    The location is relatively close to the beach and about 1 km to the main drag.

So, what we have here is a typical privately owned '60's motel with no real standards, systems or controls, charging 2009 prices due to beach proximity. Makes you wish that Holiday Inn was in town. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't looking for a Holiday Inn, just a well run, clean and orderly motel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
    4  Thank johntorr
    Reviewed 15 March 2009

I have been going to cedar court for over 10 years' I love it and I can hardly wait till I go again. All the units and the cottages are clean and well maintained.I am there a few times in the summer and have never been disapointed.It just a fun place to go,Everyone is friendly and marie and tom are the best Try it ,you won't be disapointed I have already made my reservations for this year. Marcy

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends