“Worst Hotel Experience I've ever had. Incredibly rude staff. Do not stay here.”
Review of Cedar Court Motel

Cedar Court Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Southampton
Cedar Court Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Southampton
Reviewed 19 July 2016

Myself and my girlfriend stayed one night at the Cedar Court Motel for her birthday, and we've never had a worse experience at a hotel. First off, I called to make a reservation, and they asked my age, which is already slightly inappropriate. Since I said I'm in my 20's, they made a note to mention that they usually cater to an older crowd, so we can't be loud at night. I get it, respect other guests. But assuming I'm going to be loud because I'm younger? However, that was only the beginning.

When we arrived to check in, they reiterated AGAIN that it's an older crowd, and we must keep quiet at night. Not wanting to make a big deal of it, I told them it's not a problem. However, the owners then found it necessary to tell me that they live across the street from the hotel, and wouldn't hesitate to call the police if we were loud. I'd like to say that this was the extent of the poor service, but it did not stop there.

My girlfriend's family had also come to the beach for the day (they weren't staying the night) and we were taking some time in the room with everyone to open presents. While this was going on, The owner knocked on our door, then proceeded to open the door and enter the room by himself, without being let in. I don't who taught them that something like that is ok, but it's certainly not. Also, without bothering to be courteous about it, he rudely asked why so many people were in the room, and began getting upset without even giving us five seconds to explain the situation.

We have never been so poorly treated in our lives, and we will never stay in this hotel again. The only reason for this review is that I want everyone considering this hotel to really know what the owners are like, and how they treat paying customers that have done nothing wrong.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ameet K

Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

This motel in Southampton has regular motel rooms in a 2 story structure. Also along the side of the property are a series of 2 bedroom suites. These all have a nice size living room, dining room / kitchen. All units at Cedar Cove come with a gas bbq. Picnic tables all around. Pets allowed.
It is walking distance to a beautiful beach. A short drive will take you to a beach where your dog can enjoy a swim. There is lots to walk to and see in town.
This is an older motel but is clean and cared for.
Call for prices..

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2015

Booked for an overnighter with 7 other golfers, the units were old, but kept clean, roomy and the reception perfect. The units are easily accessible, some units have widescreen TVs, Wifi available and unit have mini kitchens...which half of the group took advantage of the great BBQ areas near each unit. We had a problem catching the channel for the Jays game, reception was advised and quickly brought over another Channel box to ensure we were able to watch the game...this is excellent service that even the major chains would be hard pressed to surpass. Overall, near the center of town, clean, quiet, and fairly cost effective. Well done to you guys.

Room Tip: all rooms face the parking area and BBQ/picnic sites...
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank RCAF831
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Cedar Court gave our family a wonderful, down-home getaway to the beach. The kitchenette was equipped with everything we needed, and the suite was very spacious. The motel has a relaxed, homey feel where kids are welcome, families can mix and cook out on the provided bbqs and picnic tables, and the beach is a short walk down the street. Enjoy the fun decor! It is a part of the charm!

Excellent value for a budget conscious family.

Hosts were very kind. Wifi in rooms.

We would come back to Cedar Court, and would like to bring other families to enjoy a casual weekend getaway.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at Cedar Court last year and decided to come back this year with the kids. Very nice place. This time we rented a 2bedroom apartment with a nice size kitchen. Very close to the beach and a short walk away from downtown. Great idea with the BBQs and picnic tables for all the guests to use. We will be back for at least one stay next summer. We may even decide to come later in the fall.

• Stayed: August 2013