“Won't be back”
Review of Cedar Court Motel

Cedar Court Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Southampton
Cedar Court Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Southampton
Innisfil, Canada
“Won't be back”
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I wrote this motel up last year mistaking it for another motel which was a real dump. The management emailed me and pointed out my mistake so I took the bad review down and decided to give them a try so I could give them the write up they should have had.
Sorry. I could have left my original writeup intact.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which is a separate building from the main building. It reminded me of a cell block outside and even more inside. One of the very small bedrooms has no windows. None! The furniture is extremely dated as is the '60s console style TV. The volume on the TV was uncontrollable. There were a total of 4 light bulbs missing. (About 1/2 of total.)
As to cleanliness. It seemed, at first smell, to be fine, but a little closer scrutiny disclosed lots of small bug carcasses on the chair rail, an ugly stain on the lampshade and some sort of soot or just black dust on the radiators. Just dirty enough to make you wonder what you can't see.
We were "upgraded" to this room from a one room motel room. So we paid $120 instead of $140 per night. Thank goodness. This review would be even more scathing if I had paid more.
Management is friendly enough, but seem to be really disorganized. The main office looks like a bomb hit it. Not that I care what the office looks like, but it is indicative of someone that has lost control of their business.
The location is relatively close to the beach and about 1 km to the main drag.

So, what we have here is a typical privately owned '60's motel with no real standards, systems or controls, charging 2009 prices due to beach proximity. Makes you wish that Holiday Inn was in town. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't looking for a Holiday Inn, just a well run, clean and orderly motel.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank johntorr
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
kitchener
Reviewed 15 March 2009

I have been going to cedar court for over 10 years' I love it and I can hardly wait till I go again. All the units and the cottages are clean and well maintained.I am there a few times in the summer and have never been disapointed.It just a fun place to go,Everyone is friendly and marie and tom are the best Try it ,you won't be disapointed I have already made my reservations for this year. Marcy

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
Toronto
Reviewed 19 June 2008

I recomend this Hotel for travelers who are planning on staying in southampton. I stayed here and felt like i was at home, the staff are very friendly people and the rooms are very well kept clean. The Cedar Court Motel is one of my faveourite places in Bruce County to stay at. I am planning on staying there for my next vacation when i return to Southampton. The Motel is close to the beach and is a walking distance. I became friends with the owners who are very friendly people and am planning on keeping in touch with them on my next visit up. Memorable times here. I rate this motel a 5/5 and hope people enjoy staying there and to have a great time as i did.

• Liked — The people and staff deffinitaly, there always there for help and the bedrooms are comfy and cozy. Very well kept clean
  • Disliked — nothing really for me it was hard to climb the stairs going to the second floor other then that its a fabulous place i think
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2008

I love this place it's great. Close to the beach(were there is a fantastic sun set,and great Fry place..huh huh yeah it's great), great people work there the rooms are amazing. I would stay there everytime i am in Southampton it's great, I can't say that enough. Love it there.

Stayed June 2008
Canada
Reviewed 6 October 2007

Rooms were extremely dirty. Didn't have enough rooms (they over booked), so they upgraded us. They wanted more $$ for the cottage which was filthy. Rodent feces on the kitchen floor. Was horrible. Will never go back.

3 Thank HolidayTimeNow

Travellers are raving about these Southampton hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
1.9 km away
5.5 km away
Super 8 Port Elgin
Super 8 Port Elgin
#1 of 6 in Port Elgin

Been to Cedar Court Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK