“NEVER GO BACK THERE!!!!!”
Review of Cedar Court Motel

Cedar Court Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Southampton
Cedar Court Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Southampton
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I had talked to Marie plenty of times to make sure i didnt drive 5 hrs and forget something she said all the beds in the (cottage) would be made that all i would need is a sheet for the pull out couch! We arrived with 7 kids (she knew we had 7 kids with us) there was trucks and cars for the boys to play with by the deck my son went to play with them and directly in front of them there was a board with 5 rusty nails sticking out of it my son stepped right on it!!!!What was that doing there???? She said bbq,dvd, and clean sheets the beds were full of sand!!!BBQ was not working and DVD was not working first night 7kids had no movies!!!Thank god we brought frying pan or we would have had to eat out !!they were never there to tell these things too Very unorganized!!! ! When you plan on movies for kids, BBQ your meals everynight and clean sheets dont go there!! I was kind to her when i brought these issues up and she said I RUBBED HER THE WRONG WAY ON THE PHONE!!!! What kind of BUISNESS is this???All I asked her on the phone was what to bring before i drove 5 hrs with all the kids???SHE NEVER ASKED HOW MY SON WAS!!!!!!!! HE WAS SCREAMING HIS HEAD OFF!!!! AND BLEEDING LIKE CRAZ!!!!!!!I WILL NEVER GO BACK NOR WILL I RECOMMEND!!!

Room Tip: rooms were loud from traffic and drunk people walking down street!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Dissapointed1221
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 August 2010

Their ad said 2 bedroom suites with kitchenettes, I still have the advertisement. We booked confirming twice we had a 2 BEDROOM suite. We got there and the owner wasn't even there, but had left a key. When we opened the room we found the room had 2 beds in it ... not 2 BEDROOMS like their ad stated and like we requested. We called the owner, she said most people confuse the ad, it's only 2 beds. She hung up on us. We decided to find a better location as it was 3 young children, me and my husband and my parents. When we were leaving the owner and her husband pulled up and the owner's husband stuck up his middle finger at us and swore. It upset the children greatly, they were in tears. After we found a fantastic alternative location (A 3 bedroom cottage for the same price and on the beach!) did the owner call us back apologizing and saying there was no cancellation fee. False advertising about the 2 bedrooms, as it states in the Grey Bruce Tourisim book. The hotel owners are rude.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank bajmom63
Reviewed 5 July 2010

My sisters and I have been staying here in the summer for the past few years, and we love it. I love the little kitchenette in the rooms and also the bbq's outside on the patio. It's great for those of us who prefer more home cooking to restaurants. Marie and Tom were very friendly and helpful. I had to call them away from a family event they were attending when I locked my keys in the room. They came straight away and unlocked it and never complained. My son visited last minute one year and they brought a cot for him to sleep on and didn't charge us anything extra. They also provided shampoo for me, free of charge, when I realized I had forgotten mine. The rooms are not the height of fashion, more retro looking, but they are clean and comfortable and the atmosphere is very homey. I love this place and can't wait to go back in a couple of weeks.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank shabner
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Great place to stay.....the people are so pleasant, the atmosphere so relaxing, Been there a few times and can't wait till our next stay there. Clean bedding, plenty of towels. Feels like home. Better book early cause the place is normally packed on the weekends. Spoke to many a traveller while we were there and they all feel the same.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2010

My wife and I have stayed at Cedar Court Motel a number of times and have nothing but GOOD things we could say about it. If we are looking for a mini get away from the everday hustle and bustle of city life, Cedar Court is our home away from home. We find the rooms are always Clean and trust me , my wife and I are more than a bit fussy. Sure the furniture may be a bit dated but thats what gives it the homey country feeling we like. We would certainly reccommend this place to anyone. Its not the Hilton or the Holiday Inn but neither are their prices or their Service. Marie and Tom are "SUPER" people that will bend over backwards to try make your stay enjoyable. Most of the time in the summer months they are booked solid. That tells me LOTS of people feel the same about this place and Want to stay there.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
1.9 km away
7.0 km away
Travelodge Port Elgin
Travelodge Port Elgin
#2 of 6 in Port Elgin

Been to Cedar Court Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK