“Great ambience! Great food!”
Review of Armens Cafe

Armens Cafe
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2011

A fun place to stop for lunch. Try Armen's home made soup. Salads & sandwiches are great. Portions are large so you may want to split a meal.....that way you will leave room for dessert. My favourite is the date square.

1  Thank annonymous46
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

Just updating my earlier review. Still great quality (awesome pumpkin pie) but no closes after lunch service now. Everything else seems the same though.

Reviewed 12 July 2011

I'm from Port Elgin. I have lived here for 26 years. My friend last summer who is also from Port Elgin took me for lunch. I was amazed. The upstairs outdoor patio is a place to try. There menu has a lot of choices and you truly get more food for your money. We also tried to go to every around the world tasting last year and it was a great experience. Who would of thought such a small restaurant would be able to bring the best to your table. We will be back for sure and highly recommend this place to everyone who is tired of the same old food and restaurants to come try this out.

1  Thank haitey2006
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Had just arrived in Southampton with mom and aunt. Needed gluten free and dairy free and figured Armen's would be the best choice. WRONG!!! When we got in, asked the two young women at the front, and they gave us a few suggestions. My aunt asked about the lentil soup. Armen was very snippy and said, if you are gluten intolerant, don't eat here. My aunt tried a followup question and said that she wasn't that concerned about cross contamination from preparing other dishes, and he continued to say, "if you are gluten intolerant, don't eat here", so we didn't. We went down the street to Highview and had a wonderful lunch that met all of our needs, and much friendlier service. I will never return to Armen's.

8  Thank tlhjar
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I have been visiting Port Elgin and Southampton for the past 10 summers. Armens Café has improved year over year for the past 3 years with increased effort, focus and creativity. This summer, we enjoyed its inventive Portuguese menu and plan on enjoying more international meals. Whether it is for an international themed dinner or a casual soup and sandwich, this restaurant is the biggest regional treat.

1  Thank Roma_Tomato69