“One of my favourite restaurants in town ”
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Port Elgin
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Always our go to, especially when we bring friends up here. Our fav is the eggs Benedict. Never fails and we always look forward to their specials

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Based on excellent Trip Advisor reviews, my daughter and I selected this restaurant for dinner when visiting Port Elgin. What a gem! Outstanding international flavours usually only found in large cities. Daughter had the fish taco and rice special- fantastic- and after much debate, I selected the chick pea and potato with roti. I had wanted to return, but as they were going to be closed the following day, I got a butter chicken dinner to go. Very much looking forward to that as well. Not to be missed - very enthusiastic owner, and cosy patio as well.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

The Moroccan Chicken special was delicious and I loved the refillable hot chai. Excellent service. It seemed like a nice friendly place. I stopped by here early for dinner and it was not that crowded. If I lived in this area, I would probably dine here often.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

I love this place and I love their food. I never tasted something so delicious and different like this food offered on this restaurant . The location is nothing espectacular or fancy. I associate this place with a family restaurant like the pubs in Europe: few tables , excellent service and knowledge about the different dishes and personalized attention . After I read the reviews I was surprised that I need to make reservations and thanks God I did : the place was sold out . I order a dish from west Africa : stew . It was vegan with a little spice on it but absolutely delicious . Unfortunately I asked if some of the dishes have onions and of course the answer was yes : onions and garlic and my husband hates onions . They offered to him a huge portion of chicken quesadilla and it was awesome for him. You better go hungry because the portions are huge . You never will be disappointed . They only open from 4 to 8 and didn't sale alcoholic beverages . I definitely come back . Love this place . I have a new taste in my mouth and I love it . Every week is a different menu that you can check on the social media . The pictures you see on this website are exactly like the dishes look like . Awesome

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Been multiple meals since the last posting, all great. The chimichanga was fantastic, and more than enough for two. Great flavours, nicely presented, excellent chai tea, and great device as usual.