“Share The Plates”

Peter's Family Fare Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 67 Restaurants in Perth
Reviewed 1 September 2017

My wife and I were there on a Friday, fish day. Thank goodness we chose to share the plate. Two honking big pieces of crisp and not greasy fish, lots of fries and coleslaw. I had the tomatoe soup, you could have walked across it, excellent. Desert, recommend the warm rice pudding. Not a fancy place but the service is good and the food excellent and affordable.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Our family stopped into Peter's while going through Perth. We had hoped the friendly looking restaurant promising family fare would prove a more "home cooked" economical and tasty alternative to the other restaurants we had passed on the street so we were excited to give it a try.

On first glance the menu had a good assortment of your typical "family diner" foods and very reasonable prices - until you read the fine print to find out that the price doesn't include anything but the sandwich, or burger or hotdog etc.. fries are an additional @4$.

My simple BLT was close to$10..a chili dog for $6.00 is a good price, IF it included fries, but $6 for a standard wrinkled hot dog and a slice of processed cheese covered with some canned chili it is not.

The food was neither tasty, nor economical.

Spend a couple more dollars and eat somewhere where the cutlery on the table isn't caked with the last patron's dessert and the price on the menus include sides.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Wonderful service and great homemade food, excellent value for money if you're looking for casual dining!

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Great service on Rainy Sunday late afternoon from Ottawa, needed some food, other than a chip truck , we looked at a few other restaurants on the main drag and decided on Pete's place because it looked like a place we would be comfortable in ,
Almost like my Mom would make me after a long drive,
Food was plenty and Hot, drinks were cold , and Service with a Smile,
What else could you need? Maybe a quick nap ? Good pies, and Staff looked like they enjoyed to work there, (that's a plus in my books)
Had the Club with shredded cheese ( to tired to notice they had the curd for a couple of bucks more) None the less, ( Good gravy, Key) wifey had Hot hamburg, " Is it good babe? Mmmmm... " Is all she said, Friend had same, ( when it's quiet at the table , you know it's good)
Give it a shot, unless you want some extra parsley on that.
Keep up the Great work Guys, see you next time we swing through Perth.

1  Thank Gary Z
Reviewed 10 July 2017

My husband and I stopped here en route to Ottawa. We were greeted by the friendliest server I think I've ever encountered! She took care of us and made a few recommendations, since the breakfast hours were over, and that was what we came for.I had a delicious chicken ceasar wrap and my husband ordered a western sandwich with fries. Both orders were excellent.
I'd love to stop over here again in my travels!!!