“Delicious - restful.”

Ranked #44 of 208 Restaurants in Kawartha Lakes
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Have been twice to this restaurant (Dec 2016 & March 2017), delicious both visits. I especially recommend the Trout.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

Usually get away for a few days between Christmas and New Years. Price was great, rooms very cozy, food was outstanding and staff provided outstanding customer service.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

There is nothing in this area or for miles to complete with a stay at this inn. Just luxery at its best. Rooms delightful, bed comfortable with high level linens. View from the room outstanding.

Restaurant is lovely with superb food and service.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

We vistid Eganridge as part of their 9 and dine golf package. At $49.95 each, the price was very reasonable. The Menu featured 3 courses, salmon, chicken pasta and a port tenderloin. The golf course was challenging, in good shape and one of the best 9 hole golf courses in the area. The dining room was large, comfortable with nice views of the lake. Unfortunately, that was as far as the positives went. The wine list was disappointing, especially if you are buying by the glass. The restaurant was woefully understaffed causing the service to be slow. I had the chicken pasta and my wife had the salmon and we both found the food very over cooked, the salmon was dry and virtually burnt and both meals lacked taste and imagination. A great start, that fizzled badly

Reviewed 20 September 2016

Where do I start? We rented a cabin and upon entering it we were greeted to a dirty mop and broom with dustpan. There is nothing quaint about the cabin we rented. Laminate floors, stained dated furniture, cheap chocolate brown curtain panels. The small fridge still had the sticker on the front showing how many kw/year that it used. The vacuum was in one of the closet and consumed the entire closet floor. The beds were lumpy and it was obvious that the pillows and duvet had been washed so many times that the stuffing was in clumps! The bathroom was old with pink formica tops that came up to my mid thigh and I'm not tall. The sink stoppers were broken in the sinks and the mirror was old with black marks on it. All the windows had cobwebs and bugs in them, obviously hadn't been cleaned in awhile. It was shocking that we paid over $400/night!
The main building is run down and very dated with dated fixtures some of which are broken. Weeds and cobwebs with bugs are everywhere. Our dinner was a joke! They definitely do not employ a chef. Nothing about it was appealing. Cold steak with an unknown sauce. No seasonal veggies which is crazy considering the farmers markets in the area. We are in the country and we don't get seasonal fresh vegetables?! I sent my food back to be heated and they just brought me a new meal that was just as cold. I got a drink from the bar (just a make shift bar, was actually just a table with glasses on it) and the pop was completely flat. What bar serves pop from a 1.5 litre bottle? I should have been suspicious when the bottle only had 4 inches of pop in it. Obviously it was used from another function. They claim to have a pool, but it's really just a plunge pool and surprise surprise, it was closed and was a nice shade of green. The tennis court had cracks in it and the weeds were a couple feet tall. Also there's hardly any staff and no customers. It was like a ghost town. I'm sure when it was first built it was beautiful, but it feels and looks like it's struggling financially and is about to close down. It definitely needs a million dollar makeover! My one positive comment was that the two ladies at the front desk were quite nice and the older gentleman at breakfast was very friendly. I'm not going to get into what breakfast was like because I don't have anything positive to say about that...okay, maybe the coffee was good! Our entire experience was almost comical yet very expensive. We laughed several times about our experience I think because we were just in shock. One other thing, we went down to the pub for a drink, sat down and waited 20 mins for staff to take our order, but she was too busy talking to another couple. We had to get up and walk to the bar to ask if we could get served. The wine was served from open bottles and had gone bad, but we were charged $18.

4  Thank Deeanddee37