Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
  • Pool
US$ 89
US$ 124
US$ 120
Econo Lodge Woodstock(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$ 65
US$ 73
US$ 69
US$ 101
US$ 95
US$ 91
US$ 51
US$ 69
All reviewssaladdining roomprime ribget awaybaconroast beefseafoodbeautiful roombeautiful groundslunch buffetsteam roompajama partypotatoescrepescarriage housethe wait staffgirls night
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We have stayed in the Inn over the years but have more recently become a devotee of the restaurant side of the business as we now live a few miles away. The atmosphere...the menu....the buffets...the wine list and even the grounds surrounding the mansion are sure to amaze and satisfy.

Room Tip: The north side of the Inn will provide the quietest rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael W, Front Office Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Hello Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Elm Hurst Inn and Spa. We are so excited to hear you enjoyed your meal with us. We will make sure to pass your kind comments onto the restaurant team.

We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

My husband got us a two night stay at Elm Hurst as a Pre-Mother's Mother's Day gift. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by the front desk staff, who were so kind and welcoming and it took us no time at all to get checked in to our room. Once we were up and settled into our room, we decided we were just going to spend the night in and get some room service. After looking at the menu, we realized there was nothing on the immediate menu that I could eat * I have a Dairy Allergy and don't eat meat * After figuring this out, I went down to the front desk to see if it was even worth us calling in an order, or if they stick to the menu. The front desk staff directed me to the Kitchen Manger who was so lovely and helpful. She informed me of who was working in the kitchen that night (Jamie maybe?) and that he would be happy to get something going for me. When we did call to order, I simply just informed her of who I was, and of my food restrictions and allergy. Within 20 min we had two delightful meals knocking at our door. Chef whipped me up some sweet potato mash with steamed bok choy and a mango salsa, cooked veggies, and mixed roasted root vegetables with lentils. It was an outstanding meal, and so much food!! I was so thankful!
On the other hand it wasn't as tricky for my husband, because he can have dairy; so he ordered the crab and brie filled Salmon ... which comes as a massive salmon roll *STUFFED* literally FULL of crab meat and cheese... which he says was also soooo amazing! We ended the night both completely stuffed and so happy with the attention and dedication from the kitchen staff.
Our wonderful stay continued the next day with breakfast * again I simply asked for soy milk, and it was brought to our table* and a lovely little visit to the spa.
On our last morning at Elm Hurst, when we arrived down stairs for breakfast the lovely waitress must have just seen us come in, because when I sat down at the table there was already a little saucer of soy milk waiting for me! Again, this attention to detail and dedication is sooooo greatly appreciated by someone with a food allergy!
The kitchen staff * and all staff we encountered were exceptionally friendly, welcoming and helpful!
Thank you to Elm Hust for the great hospitality

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Kaylee,

I am so pleased to hear our team was able to take such good care of you during your stay. I will make sure to pass your kind words onto the team for making your time with us so great!

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We went there tonight to celebrate our wedding anniversary. My husband has Celiac. As many know, this is a very difficult illness to accommodate. The staff went out of their way to ensure he wanted for nothing. Even to the extent of getting a individually made dessert. What care and length they went to. The meal was excellent, the venue beautiful and the staff exceptional. Thank you so much!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Hello Rachael,

Thank you for reviewing the Elm Hurst Inn and Spa. Our team will be so pleased to hear you enjoyed the stay due to the way we were able accommodate your dietary restrictions. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future and thank you once again for your kind words.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

This is a beautiful property with a warm, inviting environment. We decided to stay here for our 20th anniversary as the Elmhurst was a stop on our honeymoon. The wonderful man at the front desk, Michael, was so welcoming and was able to upgrade us to a beautiful suite, the Lord Connaught Room. The room was beautiful, bed was comfy and breakfast was delicious. We had a wonderful time! Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael W, Front Office Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Hello Kristin,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Anniversary Getaway at the Elm Hurst Inn and Spa. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the upgrade to the Lord Connaught suite. I am glad we were able to make your stay so special! It was great meeting you at check in.

We hope to welcome you back again for another Anniversary!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We made a late booking on a Saturday for a room the next two days (Sunday and Monday night) with two dinners and two breakfasts. The staff was very accommodating and found a room we were satisfied with, despite their online availability not providing us with options we would have preferred. When we arrived we discovered that they had even upgraded our room.

Every part of the Sunday night prime rib buffet (the prime rib section, appetizer table, salad bar, soup of the day, custom pasta station, and dessert table) was delicious. The second dinner, a three course meal from the 'chef's menu' was equally good, with mushroom-stuffed chicken and seasonal vegetables and potatoes. The creme brulee desert was also incredible.

The breakfast buffet is fairly simple, but not disappointing. Each morning was bacon, eggs, potatoes, sausages, and a variety of bread, pastries, and yogurt. It wasn't terribly different from any other hotel, but was still good. We ate enough at the other meals that we didn't eat lunch either day we were there (which weren't included with the packages we got regardless).

The spa has a fantastic hot tub that we took advantage of twice, and the spa services we took advantage of were great. The grounds looked well kept, but we didn't get to see much of them due to rain.

We figured we'd give Elm Hurst a try on reputation alone; it was absolutely fantastic - we're already trying to figure out when we can go back.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms offer the best views - even the ones that face the parking lot.

Hello Adam,

Thank you for reviewing the Elm Hurst Inn and Spa. The team will be so pleased to hear you enjoyed the stay due to the guest room, dinner buffet on Sunday, regular a la carte menu on the Monday, the breakfast included with your stay, spa jaccuzi and the grounds around the Inn.

We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you again soon!