1,483 results
All reviewsanne's spaafternoon teahot tubmy friendmain innswedish massagedining roomwalking trailsget awaycan't wait to go backmain buildingmeditation classfood was amazingan overnight staywonderful experienceheaven on earthhigh tea
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Our group stay at the Farm House and the Annex both places where beautiful ,clean,and roomy ,you have to walk to the main house for your meals but its only a 5 minutes walk.
This accommodation has a Jacuzzi hot tub and it was great at night for star gazing.
The treatments were really good and the boutique was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank janettoronto2018
GraftonSpaGuy, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear janettoronto2018,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent spa cottage experience. I am pleased your enjoyed your cottage, treatments and our boutique. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This was a girls getaway during March break. While the resort and its facilities are very nice, there are some improvements needed.

Check-in went very well with a very friendly greeter/escort. We arrived in the morning and told that the rooms would not be ready until later. Unfortunately we didn't get into our rooms until just after 4:00pm.

The rooms were very nice and roomy in the main inn. The bed was quite high so I appreciated the stool to assist getting into bed.

First area of improvement are the lockers in the ladies change room. The nice gentleman showed us the workings of the locks but they are very finicky. Not only did we have issues but saw others have the same issues. I think they need to be replaced.

There was an overabundance of food which was for the most part very good.

Unfortunately the desserts need to be updated. Not everyone is on a gluten free diet. It would be better to have a separate menu for those who opt for it.

I love tiramisu but the one I had had no mascarpone cheese, rather a custard or pudding and no coffee. ?!? The carrot cake was forgettable. The desserts at tea time were also somewhat blah. This is a real opportunity for improvement.

Service. I'm not sure if it was because it was March Break but this was also hit and miss.

Examples:
One friend said she would pass on dessert during dinner. The server made a face as if to say, what no dessert who are you?! Not 4 diamond quality service. Another friend asked for tea with dessert. The meal was finished and 15 minutes later still no tea. We decided to leave as it was already 9:30pm.

We had a lovely server in the larger dining room at breakfast. I ordered the french toast with a side of breakfast potatoes. The french toast was truly delicious but I waited for potatoes that never came. My friend wanted to order something else and tried to get the attention of a server (we didn't see ours again) for 10 minutes. As we had finished our meals without a single glance or "would you like more coffee?" We decided to leave. Again, NOT 4 diamond service.

Also, why don't you have a latte machine? Surely people paying an average of $450 per person per night should be enough to be able to secure a machine.

Masseuse:
Day 1 I felt the masseuse was doing her job and did it fine but there is more to it than being perfunctory. I had an aromatherapy massage the previous month at another establishment in Toronto and she couldn't have been more attentive or kind. I left this session feeling a little hollow. Day 2 The masseuse was very good and I felt the care and dedication. REALLY enjoyed the session.

The outdoor jacuzzi and eucalyptus steam room were very nice experiences.

The waiting/quiet rooms are very nice overlooking the lake and property and I really appreciated the water/snack stations throughout.

There are a few massage chairs in the octagonal room. A sign stating "15 minutes maximum time" would be helpful as people were on them for at least 20-30 minutes at a time. If someone left a chair, those that were waiting pounced on them like a lion on prey.

Overall I enjoyed our overnight getaway but for the amount of money spent and the hit and miss service, I'm not so sure I received full value.

Room Tip: If you have any mobility issues, it's best to stay in the main inn
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sheeshin_12
GraftonSpaGuy, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Sheeshin_12,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed so many elements of your visit. I am going to assume that your reservationist has already followed up with you regarding you visit and addressed any concerns. If that is not the case though, please reach out to our Sales Director Wanda Hoehn (wanda.hoehn@steannes,com). We take great pride in listening to our guests and I can say that the majority of the changes we have made over the years at Ste. Anne's has been a direct result of guest feedback.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from two days at Ste. Anne’s, his second visit and my third. As always, the food, treatments and attention to detail was excellent. Standouts for us this time were the fun-loving and incredibly efficient Vita in the dining room, and the wonderful Darlene with a reflexology treatment. We love coming to Ste Anne’s for the tranquility.
My only problem this time? Two couples who seemed to think that they were on a Carnival cruise. If you would like to disrupt a quiet room, or the steam room or the hot tub with your loud whooping and carrying on , please don’t come to Ste Anne’s. I come for the relaxing quiet and subdued tones. My husband and I are both performers and we have loud voices.... but not at Ste Anne’s. Time and place people, time and place.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sou1957th

Dear sou1957th,

Thank you for your kind words and your continued patronage. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to Vita and Darlene and thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Everything about this place is wonderful; the service, the accommodations, and the food!! The staff were wonderful and attentive, but never overbearing. I particularly noticed that there were one or two people being trained, and the trainers were patient and kind. You can tell a lot about a place by how the staff treat you, but also by the way other staff treat one another. St.Anne’s Spa thrives on kindness to everyone!

Of special note was the amazing food; the food was spectacular at every meal!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear cjw0277,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very proud of our team here and feel very strongly that it is our staff that make Ste. Anne's so special. I will pass on your compliments to our culinary team and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Do you want to go somewhere for 3 days and literally wring all the stress from your body and emerge a different person? Go to Ste. Anne’s. I arrived at 9am for a 3 day (2 nights) yoga retreat in early December, and I’d just driven for 2 hours in rush hour traffic across Toronto to get there. I was a jittery mess, but was greeted by an incredibly pleasant woman at the check-in desk (who incidentally never forgot my name for 3 days). But she wasn’t the exception because every staff person I interacted with at Ste. Anne’s was over-the-top friendly and helpful. They must be a great employer because you can’t fake that across-the-board pleasantry.

The yoga retreat was pretty expensive, especially because I was a solo traveler and was paying a single supplement. But how can I stress enough that it was so worth it. I had a 60 minute Swedish massage with Heather within an hour of my arrival that turned my muscles to putty and rejuvenated my spirit. Then I headed into lunch to meet my fellow yoga mates. It was an awesome experience. Excellent yoga instruction (and I’ve been taking yoga classes for 20 years). The food at this spa is high end. The service is slow, but hey, you’re at a Spa – relax. And the wait is worth it. Being there for 3 days enabled me to sample much of the menu. The bread is all gluten free, but don’t turn up your nose. Their pastry products are to die for. The 4 o’clock tea tray had warm blueberry scones with cream and jam that will have you wishing you could stuff those scones in your pocket to sneak home with you. But it didn’t stop there because there were cheese and crackers, assorted fruits, sweet pastries, tarts, and ham and cheese baguettes. Breakfast was delicious too – eggs benedict or crème brulee French toast or even steak and eggs. All good. Lunch was a selection of delicious salads or full-on burgers, curry bowls or linguine alla bolognaise that could have fed a family of four. The pan-seared trout with cilantro sour apple tzatziki was finger lickin’ good. This is fine dining folks. Dinner was magnificent as well with various salad appetizers and cheese trays. The mains were unbelievable: duck, lamb, trout, ribs and vegetable ratatouille for the vegetarians. Don’t forget to bring your own wine because they are not licensed, but will happily open your wine and give you a glass.

The first evening ended after dinner with our yoga instructor leading us in a yoga nidra practice which had us all snoozing nicely on our matts. I had my swim suit on under my robe and when we were trudging back to our rooms, I slipped into the grotto hot tub at 10pm with snow flakes swirling around me. It was stunning, truly magnificent.

The rooms are beautiful, clean, modern conveniences in early 20th century charm. The beds comfortable. The bathrooms upgraded and modern. The views from the main inn are wonderful. Peace and quiet.

I arrived a stressed out mess and spend 3 days in the lap of luxury being fed and pampered with facials and massages and good food, and then drove home a different person. Thank you Ste. Anne’s for giving me back my well-being

Room Tip: If it's winter, book into the main Inn so you can stay in your robe.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank MPHW
GraftonSpaGuy, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear MPHW,

Thank you very taking the time to review your Yoga Retreat with us! I am thrilled that you were able to have those three days with us and return back to regular life feeling well again. Hopefully we will see you again on the next one!