“We would return”

Best Western Plus Bowmanville
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bowmanville
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Nice room. Clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Free breakfast was wonderful. Swimming and exercise room was available. It was right off 401 exit. Outside of hotel is a Harvey's and swiss chalet takeout, a sub shop, and a salon called Blunt.

Room Tip: A/c was noisy on the 3rd floor. But it doesn't stop you from enjoying your sleep or stay.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Good hotel close to Toronto. The price is very good for the location: Stray out of the highway 401 and easily reachable. Not a lot of food option nearby (You might have to drive to get a proper diner).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Michael G, Manager at Best Western Plus Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

This was a wonderful hotel. We only stayed one night because we were just passing through but the quality of the hotel and staff were excellent! The local watering hole is BobbyC's with good food. The downtown ar was nice too.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I rate hotels based on whether or not the place is clean and the staff is friendly. Bomanville BW rates 5 on both counts.

The building was clean from entrance-way to room. It is obvious that the management cares about how the place looks. It was fresh; there wasn't a paper out of place at check-in. The room was also clean and it was well-maintained.

From check-in to check-out the same with staff: 5 stars. The front desk person was welcoming -- and she smiled (that doesn't happen in every hotel -- there have been times I have been made to feel like I was inconveniencing the person). Check-in was quick. A few moments after I was in the room I received a phone call asking if everything was fine. Some might think that annoying ("If I have a problem I'll tell you" type of thing), but it was a nice touch. The cleaning staff was friendly when we encountered them. The staff person at breakfast was accommodating and friendly (breakfast, by the way, was about what one would expect, and yet if felt better than average).

Check out was quick and painless.

Oh, and a very comfortable bed.

I'll stay again next time I'm in Bowmanville.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I travel often for work and leisure and infrequently give a bad review. But this was noteworthy because of the apathy when I tried to discuss with management.

I will start by saying that the front desk staff person was exceptionally kind and tried her best to fix the problem- but the problem should never have happened. We were given a room that had not been cleaned. There were dirty footprints in the shower, soap residue and toothpaste (gosh I hope it was toothpaste) on the bathroom counter, and after I called down to ask for some help with that, we realized that the bed had been made but NOT changed-ew, yup, dirty sheets! There were also greasy hand prints on the glass surround in the shower and on the microwave.

Hotel was apparently full so they could not offer us another room. I already knew that there was no room In neighbouring hotels because we had tried to book elsewhere when we made this reservation earlier in the week. So the front desk staff was apologetic and brought us clean bedding and remade the bed. She also cleaned the bathroom with the cleaning materials she could find.

When in woke up I found a note letting us know that our room had been discounted roughly $40 which was a nice gesture-BUT the fact that such a dirty room had been "signed off on by the housekeeping manager" caused me concern. When I tried to speak with the customer service manager- she was neither apologetic or interested, which raises concerns for me. It is too bad because it's a well appointed hotel, and the breakfast was great. But a lack of concern around room sanitation is a real show stopper in the hotel business. Maybe I should be grateful that it was dirty enough to notice...

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Hello moregr8trips

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future. I have addressed the concerns with the staff involved and will make sure the cleanliness standards are met and exceeded all the time.

I am glad to hear that our Guest Services Agent was helpful by re-doing the bed, cleaned the areas as you noted and gave 25% discount on your room rate.

We trust that you will consider staying with us again to experience superior service form my Staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowmanville
Quality Suites
#3 of 7 in Whitby
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Vanier
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby

Been to Best Western Plus Bowmanville? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK