Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville
Liberty Inn(Bowmanville)
US$ 78
US$ 75
US$ 88
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oshawa(Oshawa)(Great Value!)
US$ 78
US$ 107
US$ 101
Agoda.com
US$ 87
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsstayed herefront deskpool and hot tubnewer hoteldairy queenwould stay againtim hortonsbreakfast was includedpancake makerroom was cleanhockey tournamenthot breakfastsitting areaabove averagethe pool looked nicesports teamsoff the highway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Spent a romantic New Years Eve in one of their Jacuzzi suites. Nice and clean. Well maintained. Nice breakfast included. Easy access to Highway 401. Friendly staff. We plan on going there again in the near future.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
HIEXBMManager, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad that you enjoyed our property and our Jacuzzi Suite. We are glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast and started your day off right. We hope to see you the next time you visit Bowmanville. Sincerely, Roberta McCann. Sales Coordinator

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Front desk staff were friendly and nice. Room is clean and about what you would expect. Bathroom is fine though lights were missing nuts to hold them to the wall. The TV has good selection of channels and the AC/heating system worked fine though the fan is on the loud side. Nice to have a fridge though it could use a good cleaning or a box of baking soda to absorb the smell. Ice machine is handy though pretty loud at 11:30 at night when people are getting ice. Breakfast was OK though the chairs need to be changed to leather or wood as the fabric has stains from every customer since opening. overall however would stay again and reasonable value.

Room Tip: get a room far away from ice machine
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay but disappointed to hear that some of our bathroom lights are missing hardware. I will have the executive housekeeper check for that in her weekly room audit reports and we will take care of that right away! Also, every hotels air units operate a little bit differently and I'm not sure if you know that ours has a fan control so you can make the unit is a lot quieter while you're trying to sleep.
Regarding the chairs, as a matter of fact, during your stay we were in the process of recovering them and some of them had already been done. They are now all done and are a beautiful brown leather.
We look forward to having you visit with us to check it out the next time you're in Bowmanville.
Warm regards,
Kim Shields
Front Office & Sales Manager

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, near the 401. DQ close by. Hot tube is small will fit about 4 people, exercise room is very small with threadmill, bike, and elliptical
Breakfast included, disappointed by the lack of bacon. Would have rate 5 if they had bacon

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Kim S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely review and rating. I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit and found us conveniently located but I'm truly sorry the breakfast didn't exceed your expectations. There are so many great choices I hope you were able to find something delicious to start your day off right. We hope to see you again next time you are in Bowmanville.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Check in was seamless. The staff was very friendly. I had a room with a king bed and it was huge so I had plenty of space. The beds are very comfortable. I also enjoyed the breakfast. There was plenty of variety and the breakfast area was spacious and clean. The location off of the 401 is also very handy.

Stayed: November 2017
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We truly appreciate your feedback about our staff and accommodations and our extremely glad we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. We are glad you enjoyed our new mattresses. We look forward to having you visit us next time you are in Bowmanville. Sincerely, Roberta. Sales Coordinator

Reviewed 23 October 2017

My husband instructs at Mosport a few times a year and we usually stay at the BW down the street. Given the great reviews on here, we decided to stay at the Holiday Inn for a change. We got the queen suite for our 2 adults/2 kids and the room itself was just ok. Big black scuff marks on the walls, stinky and grubby-feeling carpet (discovered when I got down to pick up a toy and nearly gagged at the stench...), generally tired-looking. I had a bad feeling when I soon realized that they had put ALL families with kids on the same floor. It was pretty chaotic most of our stay, with kids running from room to room, slamming doors and yelling to each other. In fact, I was awakened at 3am and again at 4am thanks to doors slamming in the hallway. The worst part though was the fact that we did not receive a wake up call which resulted in my husband being 45 minutes late. I did report it to the front desk but they had no explanation tho they did apologize. Finally, I need to mention that a bunch of us had to leave the pool due to having our eyes and throats scorched by chlorine fumes. It wasn't so much the water, but those of us sitting around the pool could no longer tolerate the place after 20 minutes. And it wasn't just me--we were all discussing it, as fellow guests. So, overall, it was not a pleasant stay and we won't go back. I know a few of these complaints were the result of other guests but as a hotel that hosts teenage sports teams, you should be forewarned that you may find yourself in the midst of chaos in the hallways, in the pool area, and the breakfast room. I know kids are kids and that's all good, but it's really unpleasant to be flat-out exhausted after a stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the same floor as a sports team.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Hello Suzanne&Laine,

Thank you for choosing us and for sharing your experience. It is unfortunate that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay with us due to the condition of the room, the pool, the noise challenges and the level of service you received. I am very sorry for the inconveniences you have encountered during your stay with us. Your feedback has been taken into account and will be shared with our management team and maintenance staff. We are confident that necessary steps will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Best Regards,